Fantastica Beverage Coupons - Can Use in Vencchi on Seaside?

3Travelers

With our Fantastica "experience" we get 12 beverage coupons. Has anyone that has been on Seaside tried using these coupons at Vencchi for hot chocolate or specialty coffee, or gelato shakes?

Yes, we tried using them but they don't take them. You can only order a regular coffee from them.

Venchi is a franchise on board, similar to Starbucks on Royal Caribbean ships.

Thanks for the info - MSC customer service assured me we could use at Venchi as they claim it applies to any and all drinks that were not "top shelf" alcoholic drinks. But from the many comments on cruise critic, I have come to not trust info provided by MSCs own customer service. I was tempted to buy the coffee package but again it sounds like that too may not work at Venchi.

Thanks for the info - MSC customer service assured me we could use at Venchi as they claim it applies to any and all drinks that were not "top shelf" alcoholic drinks. But from the many comments on cruise critic, I have come to not trust info provided by MSCs own customer service. I was tempted to buy the coffee package but again it sounds like that too may not work at Venchi.

That's odd since I'd been told in a different thread here that it DID work at Venchi. But apparently depending on who you ask there, they may or may not accept it.

I was also thinking of getting a coffee card but if it doesn't work on the coffee drinks at Venchi, I won't bother.

I know the ship is new but this lack of and conflicting information is really frustrating and has to be angering a lot of people.

That's odd since I'd been told in a different thread here that it DID work at Venchi. But apparently depending on who you ask there, they may or may not accept it.

I was also thinking of getting a coffee card but if it doesn't work on the coffee drinks at Venchi, I won't bother.

I know the ship is new but this lack of and conflicting information is really frustrating and has to be angering a lot of people.

I read a review elsewhere which said after initially being able to use the coupons at Venchi for cups of gelato on two occasions, they were told no on the evening of the second day. The next day they were again able to use it with a server who had previously let them do so. They were curious and asked politely why some were not allowing it. They were told some newer people probably didn't know how to enter it in their computer system and so thought it wasn't allowed. This was on the Christmas cruise. Note they said they could only be used for the coffee drinks and cups of gelato. Not the bars or alcoholic drinks.

The coffee card I don't know. I haven't read the descriptions of that package and I can't see it anymore probably since my cruise is so close.

Interesting....

Well they would not accept them in Venchi coffee bar when we tried. We were Fantastica experience with the 12 drink tickets. This was frustrating since we could order alcohol drinks (under $7.90) and use our tickets but yet we could not use them for a coffee that cost $4.50.

When we went to Guest Services to ask about it, that is when we were told that it is a franchise within the ship and therefore could not use them there.

I do not know about coffee cards etc. It is hard to get accurate info from them for sure.

We were on the Jan. 06 sailing of Seaside. We had the Fantastica Experience with the 12 drink coupons.

We tried to use them for hot chocolate in Venchi, and they told us they were only valid for coffee drinks.

Nevertheless, the server suggested we get "mochaccino" (coffee with chocolate) and he would put extra chocolate in it, which he did. It was good, but we were disappointed we could not get gelato or gelato sodas like we could with our drink coupons on Divina in November.

We were on the Jan. 06 sailing of Seaside. We had the Fantastica Experience with the 12 drink coupons.

We tried to use them for hot chocolate in Venchi, and they told us they were only valid for coffee drinks.

Nevertheless, the server suggested we get "mochaccino" (coffee with chocolate) and he would put extra chocolate in it, which he did. It was good, but we were disappointed we could not get gelato or gelato sodas like we could with our drink coupons on Divina in November.

Wow, you were lucky! We could not get anything from them except a plain cup of coffee. Perhaps the policy was changed after the first few cruises.

Coffee Package states:

Let the velvety warmth of our coffee delights conquer your soul! 15 coffee drinks, including cappuccino, caffelatte, espresso, non-alcoholic coffee delights, frozen coffee drinks, as well as hot chocolate and hot tea. The drinks included in this package can be consumed in bars.

So Venchi or not?

Coffee Package states:

Let the velvety warmth of our coffee delights conquer your soul! 15 coffee drinks, including cappuccino, caffelatte, espresso, non-alcoholic coffee delights, frozen coffee drinks, as well as hot chocolate and hot tea. The drinks included in this package can be consumed in bars.

So Venchi or not?

Sounds like the employees on the ship need to read their website. Or else the website doesn't reflect reality (like the part about the 20 hour buffet}.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Interesting....

Well they would not accept them in Venchi coffee bar when we tried. We were Fantastica experience with the 12 drink tickets. This was frustrating since we could order alcohol drinks (under $7.90) and use our tickets but yet we could not use them for a coffee that cost $4.50.

When we went to Guest Services to ask about it, that is when we were told that it is a franchise within the ship and therefore could not use them there.

I do not know about coffee cards etc. It is hard to get accurate info from them for sure.

So... I'm on Seaside a had a discussion with the Bar Manager at the Cruise Critic event after bringing this to the attention of the captain, who then called over his hotel director (I had tried to use a coupon for a shake and been turned down). Bottom line is that the bar manager agreed that you should be able to get anything that is available on the regular drink package with a Fantastica coupon. I went to Venchi for a shake that night and had problems and eventually ended up speaking to the Venchi manager, Valentina (I believe that was her name). She agreed to give me my shakes and it appears that the staff has since been educated because I used coupons at two locations today for Gelato and a shake and had no problems.

Hopefully this will no longer be a problem for anyone going forward.

So... I'm on Seaside a had a discussion with the Bar Manager at the Cruise Critic event after bringing this to the attention of the captain, who then called over his hotel director (I had tried to use a coupon for a shake and been turned down). Bottom line is that the bar manager agreed that you should be able to get anything that is available on the regular drink package with a Fantastica coupon. I went to Venchi for a shake that night and had problems and eventually ended up speaking to the Venchi manager, Valentina (I believe that was her name). She agreed to give me my shakes and it appears that the staff has since been educated because I used coupons at two locations today for Gelato and a shake and had no problems.

Thank you for taking the effort to do all of that.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. We also tried to ask whoever we could about this and everyone insisted that the coupons could not be used eventhough no one could give a reasonaable explanation why. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the shakes etc. I hope that going forward the information given to passengers is correct.

More and more it is seeming like our cruise was the "experiement".

Hiccups and snafus like this are why I will never cruise on a brand new ship. I know it’s frustrating to be essentially a guinea pig for the cruise line, but that’s how it is. My wife have had not one, but two instances on Costa of 1) unlimited drinking package not being honored (at first), 2) excursions cancelled (not enough English speakers) and 3) being assigned the wrong table at dinner. I *hate* situations like this and I really do feel for people who have to experience them. Nonetheless, I recognize that human error is unavoidable, and I am grateful to you trailblazers who help these new ships get over their “growing pains.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearing many situations similar to this thread. It is not surprising that attitude is key for success in many of them.

Negative attitudes, rarely productive positive outcomes.

MSC, NCL, Disney, Costa, much less the 'World' is out to screw us over...

Smile, life is good!

Share a sunset with another, Cheers.

Hearing many situations similar to this thread. It is not surprising that attitude is key for success in many of them.

MSC, NCL, Disney, Costa, much less the 'World' is out to screw us over...

Smile, life is good!

Share a sunset with another, Cheers.

Agreed! Attitude is everything, but communication is essential, too. In our case, we made a quick trip to Guest Services to straighten out our beverage package, and it turned out the excursion and dining room issues were down to Costa assuming we wanted only English language excursions and English-speaking dining partners. Since we're both multilingual, we just went on Italian excursions and ate with Italians. Problem solved! :D

It's funny that you mention attitude because it's been our experience that the staff here has a real problem saying yes. And I'm not the only one who feels that way. There was no excuse for the Venchi staff still refusing my shake request after the bar manager had spoken to their manager several hours earlier.

As CC members we need to take advantage of the access we have to ship management (at the M&M) to let them know about these issues. More so if you're a black card member.

YMMV is so true, BTW staff is not there to say 'Yes'. They are there to do a job that they have been trained to do. Are all of them going to meet or exceed everyone's expectations...every time...that is unrealistic.

Notice that I am not pilling on with the tired trope of '...and many/most/everyone agrees with me'.

Cheers!

YMMV is so true, BTW staff is not there to say 'Yes'. They are there to do a job that they have been trained to do. Are all of them going to meet or exceed everyone's expectations...every time...that is unrealistic.

Notice that I am not pilling on with the tired trope of '...and many/most/everyone agrees with me'.

Cheers!

I recognize that new ships generally have "hiccups" as they sort things out, especially with crew and service. That's why the fare is generally less, especially for a line like MSC trying to break into the Caribbean market. with the Seaside. In the same manner, many restaurants have soft openings where guests get a discounted dinner while management observes what works and what needs improvements.

I'll be sailing the Seaside in October and hope most of the kinks, and especially the smell I read about, will be resolved by then.