My time dining with res on Anthem--long lines?

Just checking in to see about recent experiences. I had read awhile ago that there were often long waits to be seated with My Time Dining even with those who had reservations. Hoping that's not the case most of the time! Would like to do My Time on next cruise since it's just DH and myself. Thanks!

We had MTD with 14 people back in June. Normally we ate early (5:45) but not every night and we never waited at all. Maybe it was because we were a big group but we had the same table and same servers every night and it was great.

Also just off Anthem Saturday. We had 5:45 reservations for a group that varied between 7 and 9 people. Each night they tried to sit us at same table in Silk but when we requested American Icon it was no problem and we were seated quickly. The furniture in Silk is heavy, all wood, making the room very crowded. A.I. has metal framed furniture that provided more elbow room. Also for some reason service in AI was much quicker and more attentive. As we departed around 7:30 there were often very long lines for both with and without reservations.

My family of 10 had 6:15 reservations every night of our Anthem cruise. We just got off this past Saturday. We were seated immediately every evening, at the same table, with the same serving team, whom we loved. Usually we finished around 8:15-8:30, and did note that the lines seemed quite long when we left the dining room.

We were a party of two who has varying reservation times throughout the week. Never waited long for a table in American Icon, maybe 3 mins max, but we never sat at same table twice, or within the same waiters section, despite asking to have a regular wait team by night 3. It wasn't a huge deal, but I like to get to know our wait staff team over the week and I felt I missed out on that as we were new to each team each night.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Can a party of three expect to spend two hours at dinner? I've made reservations for 6:15 via the Cruise Planner for our cruise next May, but now I'm worrying our dinner reservations may interfere with show times. Any advice on this?

Can a party of three expect to spend two hours at dinner? I've made reservations for 6:15 via the Cruise Planner for our cruise next May, but now I'm worrying our dinner reservations may interfere with show times. Any advice on this?

Our server asked us every night if we had a show to catch or if we were in a hurry. And if we were, they moved things along much quicker than the on the nights where we had nothing after.

Just checking in to see about recent experiences. I had read awhile ago that there were often long waits to be seated with My Time Dining even with those who had reservations. Hoping that's not the case most of the time! Would like to do My Time on next cruise since it's just DH and myself. Thanks!

Recently there was a similar thread on the NCL board. The open dining is a nice option, however most people are

Creatures of habit, and still eat at the same time every night. So bottlenecks often occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is up to you - you can finish in as little as 45 min or take two hours.

Our server asked us every night if we had a show to catch or if we were in a hurry. And if we were, they moved things along much quicker than the on the nights where we had nothing after.

Good to know. Thanks! :cool:

This past January we were a party of 2 with MTD reservation for 5:45 every night. Day one we waited 45 minutes in the "with reservations" line while watching the "without reservations" line moving faster. I asked the next day and they said too many without reservations and they had to accommodate them. Huh?? By day 3 they finally managed to get things fixed and the wait was less than 5 minutes.

My family of 10 had 6:15 reservations every night of our Anthem cruise. We just got off this past Saturday. We were seated immediately every evening, at the same table, with the same serving team, whom we loved. Usually we finished around 8:15-8:30, and did note that the lines seemed quite long when we left the dining room.

I've sailed on Anthem over 160 nights with MTD and it never took 2 hours for dinner. Most was about 90 minutes average about 75 minutes.

I've sailed on Anthem over 160 nights with MTD and it never took 2 hours for dinner. Most was about 90 minutes average about 75 minutes.

Our dinners were slow and leisurely. Our wait team always asked us if we had reservations for shows. Since we did not, we took our time, and enjoyed every moment. There were most definitely people moving through more quickly; our party was just not among them.