Mini suites on the Bliss

ranchette

What they don’t have (despite being assured they did, multiple times by NCL during my booking, and one reason I booked a mini-suite) is a room divider of some sort. Suite of any sort seems misleading.

What they don’t have (despite being assured they did, multiple times by NCL during my booking, and one reason I booked a mini-suite) is a room divider of some sort. Suite of any sort seems misleading.
The newer ships don't have curtains like the older ships. You can make one by getting strong magnets with hooks (Amazon has them) , room darkening curtains that have the holes where a curtain rod would go. Put a hook of magnet through each hole and attach to ceiling of cabin. The ceiling is metal so strong magnets will keep it up. The magnets I got said 50lbs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I can send a picture of you want to try the magnets and curtains.

I can send a picture of you want to try the magnets and curtains.

That would be nice, thank you. It’s unfortunate that I need to bring curtains on a cruise, but what can you do? My real gripe is the wrong information being provided. This is my first cruise and having a divider was one of the factors that tipped the scales a bit to NCL. Oh well, live and learn.

Bliss Mini. (Bvgari is not standard issue).

A tiny thing, but I am just mentioning because I have seen this misspelling on other discussion threads. The toiletries brand is Bulgari. :D (The packaging has a stylistic font which makes it look like BVLGARI, but the actual designer house is Bulgari.) They are currently owned by the Louis Vuitton group and, while their toiletries are lovely, they are mostly known for their gorgeous high-end jewelry and leather goods.)

Why would you need a curtain? The person on the sofa still has to cross to get to/from the hall door and bathroom.

726d5b1268df4e655e18fda4054575ce.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is every room the same configuration? Aren’t some reversed?

Why would you need a curtain? The person on the sofa still has to cross to get to/from the hall door and bathroom.

726d5b1268df4e655e18fda4054575ce.heic

A couple of reasons. A couple could be booked with another and want privacy. Two people who are just friends want same cabin but different bed for privacy. One could want to watch TV and another might want to take a nap. I saw one on my last cruise that had a babybed by the curtain. Kids on other side wouldn't be awakened as easily. One person's snoring keeping other person awake, etc. I've seen it a lot on the new ships on NCL. Best idea so far are the magnets and curtains.

That would be nice, thank you. It’s unfortunate that I need to bring curtains on a cruise, but what can you do? My real gripe is the wrong information being provided. This is my first cruise and having a divider was one of the factors that tipped the scales a bit to NCL. Oh well, live and learn.
I hope this helps. You will probably at least need 2 curtain panels. Top magnet is what the magnet looks like sideways.20180610_000524.jpg.2cbab781b21682f3adfcacc26666699c.jpg

We love having the curtain in the Dawn and Jewel class mini's! I traveled in one in my late 20's with my parents and it was nice to have a tiny bit of little privacy. Now I put the baby's travel crib on the other side of the curtain because she sleeps soooo much better when she can't see other people :)

Some mini-suites do have a bathtub. We are booked in one on the 8th floor and it has a tub. It may just be the ones with larger balcony. Also the family oceanview rooms look to have a curtain divider between the bed and sofa.

• 1 month later...
Some mini-suites do have a bathtub. We are booked in one on the 8th floor and it has a tub. It may just be the ones with larger balcony. Also the family oceanview rooms look to have a curtain divider between the bed and sofa.

I booked our Dec 8, 2018 sailing in April 2017.. I booked it on the NCL website. I particularly chose Cabin # 8134 due to the large balcony & the fact that the Stateroom information stated it had a Bathtub with Shower.. This room is identical to Cabin #8126 if you go online & attempt to book either of those two rooms on the NCL site.. Both of them say "Bathtub with Shower" on both of them... I NEED a bathtub !!!!

Well, this week I noticed on Youtube a video for NCL Bliss Cabin # 8126 & was so excited to watch it & when they show the bathroom, it is ONLY a shower.. No tub !!!! I even took snapshots of what the room/rooms have in them when I booked & I checked again this week only for future sailings to see what NCL states the rooms have & both STILL say they have "Bathtub with Shower" on both rooms...

This makes me concerned that my Cabin # 8134 that I have been looking so forward to relaxing in a hot bath at the end of the day, does not have a bathtub...

I emailed NCL on Tuesday with screen shots of both cabin #'s & what their website shows for both rooms to inquire if Cabin # 8134 has a tub.. No reply as of yet....

This is only our second cruise ever, the first was 4 day with Disney Cruise Lines, and the bathrooms/tubs were awesome !!! Great setup in those cabins !!! This is our first 7 day cruise & I was looking so forward to the cabin, large balcony, & tub at the end of the day !!! Yes, I am a huge lover of bathtubs !!!! It helps the circulation in my feet & legs before falling asleep.

Has anyone recently sailed in Cabin # 8134 on NCL Bliss? Is there a bathtub or was I duped by NCL?

Yes. I was duped.

Just off the phone with NCL reservations supervisor and he contacted the ship directly after I sent him screen shots of when I reserved my room in April 2017 and today with how the accommodations are listed for my mini suite with large balcony which is supposed to have a tub and shower combo and he agreed the accommodations online are reflecting incorrect information and he apologized for their error. It has been incorrect since April 2017!!!

The only way to get a bathtub is to switch to a mini suite on deck 9 and lose the large balcony.

Very misleading advertising by NCL and since this is my first cruise with NCL, I am second guessing my cruise choice.

Yes. I was duped.

Just off the phone with NCL reservations supervisor and he contacted the ship directly after I sent him screen shots of when I reserved my room in April 2017 and today with how the accommodations are listed for my mini suite with large balcony which is supposed to have a tub and shower combo and he agreed the accommodations online are reflecting incorrect information and he apologized for their error. It has been incorrect since April 2017!!!

The only way to get a bathtub is to switch to a mini suite on deck 9 and lose the large balcony.

Very misleading advertising by NCL and since this is my first cruise with NCL, I am second guessing my cruise choice.

Did he happen to say if all the mini suites on deck 9 have tubs? I'm the opposite of you - I only want the shower, not a tub and am booked in a mini on deck 9.

Did he happen to say if all the mini suites on deck 9 have tubs? I'm the opposite of you - I only want the shower, not a tub and am booked in a mini on deck 9.

The idea of marinating in my own dirty water has never been appealing. I took a bath as a child but

as an adult never again.

I kept his voicemail and listened to it again. He states category M8 on deck 9 have the shower/tub combo.

Mine is a category M6 on deck 8, and they do not have the combo, just the oversized shower.

Hope this helps you. ;)