Wonderful trip on the Koningsdam May 1-13

lecobra70

I wanted to share that we had a wonderful time on the Koningsdam May 1-13. We loved the ship, and it was in very good shape. We also all loved the music theme throughout – from the décor to the various music productions and bands. We are aged 5 to 75, so there was really something for everyone.

We had partially obstructed balcony cabins on Deck 4. The view was totally fine and we could see everything for the most part, except the water directly below us, so we found this option to be a good value for us. And the proximity to both the dining room and Lido was great.

The staff,as always, went above and beyond to make our time on board enjoyable.

Our Captain Darin Bowland announced he would be moving on to Captain the Nieuw Statendam. We also heard that while in drydock, the Billboard Lounge and Lincoln Center Stage of the Koningsdam will undergo some changes based on feedback (among other changes they will be making).

If anyonehas any questions, I'm happy to answer as best I can.

Rosalynd

We also love Koningsdam! Have cruises for 2018 and 2019 booked. We spent 14 days on K'dam to the Med and fell in love with this ship. I know some folks disagree, but it's such a good fit for us. Excited to be back onboard!

So glad you enjoyed the Koningsdam! We love her too. Captain Darin was probably the most personable ship's captains I have ever met. Really enjoyed his noon broadcasts from the bridge. Nice to hear they have entrusted him with the Nieuw Statendam!

• 2 months later...
We were in cabins 4138 and 4140. I would say the view from 4140 was slightly better.

That's amazing I'm booked in cabin 4140 with hubby and my two sisters are in cabin 4138. We are book for 10/18/18 to 10/28/18 Rome. So happy to hear you enjoyed your trip and cabin. Would have any pictures of the cabins, that you could share. Thank you in advance, Toni