Ms Rotterdam

cruiser61262

My parents are thinking about a 21 day cruise on the Rotterdam to Greenland but are concerned about bad reviews. Should they look for another ship?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

DH and I did a 42 day cruise on Rotterdam Oct - Nov of 2016 and loved every minute of being onboard. We are also booked on a 27 day on her next year. We just love being on her. She is so classic. There were bad reviews about her before we went also.

Thank you!!! She talked to someone at Holland America and the woman there told her that there were some issues but it was resolved in dry dock and that any new issues were being looked into. My mom was happy with that. She likes the older ships also.

We were on the Rotterdam March - May, 2017 (before the drydock). The ship was fine and the staff were wonderful.

We really enjoyed our cruise on her but I do know those on later sailing reported problems with leaks, etc. (I believe that sailing was in August?).

Everywhere you turn, it seems there are bad reviews about these ships. However, I am pleased to say that we tend to go with the flo and have a great time. I think the itineraries are fabulous and that's what interests us the most.

and probably some of us (like me) are at fault for not doing a review when we return and have been happy when we return. Unhappy people tend to do more reviews than those who were content.

My parents are thinking about a 21 day cruise on the Rotterdam to Greenland but are concerned about bad reviews. Should they look for another ship?

If they are in their 80s and have cruised HAL before, they should be fine. We were on the Rotterdam (our first HAL cruise) last month and they fit the average passenger description on our cruise. We had no major issues with the ship or accommodations. We were disappointed in the food, entertainment and service compared to previous cruises on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Carnival, but most that cruise HAL regularly seem satisfied with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Rotterdam Dec03-17, 2017, Caribbean cruise, and had also been concerned about the condition of the ship based on all the negative cc comments after drydock in Nov. We kept an eye out looking for things that may not be up to par and found nothing! The ship was in great condition, food was great, no complaints to be found at all!

Rotterdam one of the few HAL ships left that still has 2 areas we love-

1. A real library!

2. A real movie theater!

We would not hesitate booking on the Rotterdam again.

We were on the Rotterdam Dec03-17, 2017, Caribbean cruise, and had also been concerned about the condition of the ship based on all the negative cc comments after drydock in Nov. We kept an eye out looking for things that may not be up to par and found nothing! The ship was in great condition, food was great, no complaints to be found at all!

Rotterdam one of the few HAL ships left that still has 2 areas we love-

1. A real library!

2. A real movie theater!

We would not hesitate booking on the Rotterdam again.

YEP!!! We love the library and the movie theater. I am hoping that she still has dvd's that you can check out at the main desk. I hated Koningsdam's on demand. It was so limited it the movies. We would up watching all seasons of Downton Abby! I don't watch nature documentaries where animals eat each other and they had plenty of those. Yuck!!! When we were on Rotterdam the selection was hundreds of movies and documentaries!!

Koningsdam's movie is over the swimming pool! I am not interested is sitting on a lounge and listening to water slosh the pool as I am trying to hear the movie. The whole thing is a stupid idea.