Disappointing red wine

debgreg

I agree. Wife and I bought drink packages on last 4 cruises. All in 2017. Next cruise we will not buy drink packages unless we see some changes. Have not brought any wine on in our carry on before. We will this next cruise in Feb.

Agreed! The wine included in the BP is not good. I thought the wine in Vintages was fantastic. Also, we were able to purchase a 1.5L bottle of Caymus for $85!!

Wow - that's a great price .... almost that much here in Maine... On ship I always got a glass (or two) of Caymus ... buy one get one free ... I'll have to check it out next time. Jan

Agreed! The wine included in the BP is not good. I thought the wine in Vintages was fantastic. Also, we were able to purchase a 1.5L bottle of Caymus for $85!!

Caymus was well over 100 for 750 bottle a little over a month ago at Vintage on Navigator, what ship were you on, glass was over 20

Caymus was well over 100 for 750 bottle a little over a month ago at Vintage on Navigator, what ship were you on, glass was over 20

I had it last spring on Rhapsody R Bar. It wasn't on the list, but I got it for $21 plus 18%. Used the D+ bogo coupon. I've heard of folks (Brilliance) getting a whole bottle for around $60 total with two of the bogo coupons.

FWIW, don't you get 40% off a bottle under $100, and 20% if over $100 with the beverage pkg.

This was on the Anthem. They had only two 1.5ml bottles left and they had a 30% or 40% off bottles of wine purchase for a period of time so we got two and brought one home : ) I held them like infants on the way back to our stateroom.

Wow - that's a great price .... almost that much here in Maine... On ship I always got a glass (or two) of Caymus ... buy one get one free ... I'll have to check it out next time. Jan

Find out in vintages IF and When they will have a nice percentage off bottle purchases. We did not have the BP.

You can bring on 4 bottles of wine- 2 adults each bring 2 bottles in your carryon and when you go through security and they ask how many staterooms you have just say 2. Nobody will know the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can bring on 4 bottles of wine- 2 adults each bring 2 bottles in your carryon and when you go through security and they ask how many staterooms you have just say 2. Nobody will know the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, if that's your game, why not bring 6. :confused: Just pack 2 in your checked bag. :rolleyes:

This is a sarcastic post, I do not condone scamming Mother Royal. Big Brother is watching. ;)

This was on the Anthem. They had only two 1.5ml bottles left and they had a 30% or 40% off bottles of wine purchase for a period of time so we got two and brought one home : ) I held them like infants on the way back to our stateroom.

Cool , great deal, we always like full body wine like caymus

If we travel from Southampton again I would take it as i really missed a nice glass, but paying £350 pp,POW for a DP that doesn’t give a decent wine within the price range or being able to have a nice glass of fresh juice without waiters frowning and bringing a watered down glass is bad IMO

How's the white/Chardonnay selection? I've been a NCL cruiser and found the selection in their Cellars wine bar to be good. Could pay up $3 to $5 over their $17 limit (outrageous, I know!) but would then get a great glass of wine versus something I'd never drink or serve at home. At least enjoyed the wine. Of course on NCL the drink package was thrown in for free. I just purchased deluxe packages for our upcoming first RCL cruise for the DH and me and I'm still in recovery...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DW is a Rombauer Chardonnay fan and it was available on Oasis in October by the glass and under the max price. I also bought a couple of bottles using my 40% off at the Champagne bar that were pretty decent. It was from Australia and I can't recall the name.

DW is a Rombauer Chardonnay fan and it was available on Oasis in October by the glass and under the max price. I also bought a couple of bottles using my 40% off at the Champagne bar that were pretty decent. It was from Australia and I can't recall the name.

Rombauer is our favorite. Thanks for the information.