Horizon-Pharmacy

Psweets

Don't be fooled by the "patches" on Amazon. They are not the prescription medicine that is prescribed by your doctor.
The "patches" on Amazon are natural or homeopathic. Not everyone wants to run to the Dr to get a prescription for every little thing. If I can use natural things to keep from getting sick I use them instead.

bfa32d08742bc0c2fb25dd8b552d9c10.png

The "patches" on Amazon are natural or homeopathic. Not everyone wants to run to the Dr to get a prescription for every little thing. If I can use natural things to keep from getting sick I use them instead.

I agree- if you want a backup that is natural maybe pick up a small bottle of ginger pills- they help with an upset tummy whether its from the rocking of the ocean or from overindulging! You can get them really cheap at Wally World. I prefer them because even the 'non-drowsy' motion sickness pills will send me to naptime in a hurry!

"natural" or homeopathic items are pure scam/sham. Homeopathy is based on a theory of water "having memory". Bogus and never proven. You water down the cells for a disease in hopes of a molecule of the disease remains in the liquid and that works as a "cure" for an illness. And think about it...What gets "watered" down on a patch for motion sickness? Don't waste your money.

For some ginger pills work to aid equilibrium. But not all and certainly not "ginger ale" which has no ginger in it. True ginger beer might work.

OTC motion sickness pill s do work. Some can lead to drowsiness. But you need to take them before sailing and before you get nauseated. If you wait, they don't work effectively.

And on a crusie ship, unless you're in a storm or heavy seas, there is less motion sensation than riding in a car over bumping roads or riding the subway.

"natural" or homeopathic items are pure scam/sham. Homeopathy is based on a theory of water "having memory". Bogus and never proven. You water down the cells for a disease in hopes of a molecule of the disease remains in the liquid and that works as a "cure" for an illness. And think about it...What gets "watered" down on a patch for motion sickness? Don't waste your money.

For some ginger pills work to aid equilibrium. But not all and certainly not "ginger ale" which has no ginger in it. True ginger beer might work.

OTC motion sickness pill s do work. Some can lead to drowsiness. But you need to take them before sailing and before you get nauseated. If you wait, they don't work effectively.

And on a crusie ship, unless you're in a storm or heavy seas, there is less motion sensation than riding in a car over bumping roads or riding the subway.

So I guess it's safe to say you haven't even tried any natural remedies and you don't even know what patch I have. You can't say that a natural method won't work and not to waist my money. I feel I'd be wasting my money on a expensive Dr appointment. Just to be prescribed an expensive medication I may not even need to use.

Man people tend to get bent out of shape when you say youd rather try a natural rout than go with a prescription drug.

I may be waiting my money on the natural route, it may not work. But I don't know that, and to be honest I don't even know if I will need anything for motion sickness. But if rather throw away $10 rather than $100. Wouldn't you say?

I was on the Miracle in February and I had to go to the medical center. There was a sign posted on the wall that stated they did not have the seasickness patches and that they did not recommend the patches. I wear the seasickness patch which is by prescription only. I asked the nurse about the sign. He said they do not recommend the patch because of the numerous side effects.

Good luck....I'll pat ya on the back as you hurl over the side....lol

So I guess it's safe to say you haven't even tried any natural remedies and you don't even know what patch I have. You can't say that a natural method won't work and not to waist my money. I feel I'd be wasting my money on a expensive Dr appointment. Just to be prescribed an expensive medication I may not even need to use.

Man people tend to get bent out of shape when you say youd rather try a natural rout than go with a prescription drug.

I may be waiting my money on the natural route, it may not work. But I don't know that, and to be honest I don't even know if I will need anything for motion sickness. But if rather throw away $10 rather than $100. Wouldn't you say?

May I suggest you do a bit of researching over on Science-Based medicine or QuackWatch before plunging into the "natural" vortex. And there are proven OTC remedies available that work better any patch prescript or not.

Scopalamine is a Rx only, indicated in adults for prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness. On cruise ships you won't find a pharmacy aboard. The ships infirmary stocks a supply of most often needed meds for their diagnosis and treatment. Don't expect them to sell you something not associated with a visit and the subsequent charges associated with it.

Holistic meds have been around for decades. There is some belief that the psychosomatic effect (and spelling proficiency) delivers some goods, so "feeling good Billy Ray, looking good Lewis" phenomena is present. With that, don't ever forget an office visit, simple labs and $20 worth of co-pay for amoxicillin would have saved Jim Hensons life.

I'd never pat anyone on the back as they puked their homeopathic or FDA approved therapies over the deck rail.

Edited by BallFour4

You can find seasickness patches on Amazon for fairly cheap.

You can. Here are the results of the OTC choices: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_11/141-8139760-0636624?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=scopalamine+patch&sprefix=scopalamine%2Caps%2C201&crid=1KSYH2NP1F7M4

None of these contain the active ingredient in the Rx only product. Not saying they won't offer some benefit, and you didn't claim them to be the Rx product either.

Maybe try the sea bands. It uses accupressure in the wrists to ward off seasick

Maybe try the sea bands. It uses accupressure in the wrists to ward off seasick

This is what I was going to suggest you can get them at Walmart for like $8 - We never cruise without these as I tend to get seasick as does my oldest daughter

Also another trick is if you start feeling nausea take a dip in the pool

I recommend the sea bands too. You can get them at any drug store, or I bought mine online. I like the Velcro adjustable ones I can find online. I was very skeptical about them, but I have never had a problem in 11 cruises AND I can get an upset stomach very easily. We were on the fascination during Sandy and we didn’t have any seasickness. They work!

They are called bio bands.

TheTransderm Scop patch has been discontinued and is no longer available !!!!

They did this about 10 years ago and brought them back but for now they are not available

There are generics for the Transderm Scop available now.