Hotel in Barcelona

Arizonasunshine

Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in Barcelona. We are staying one night before flying home.

H10 Port Vell is a boutique hotel overlooking the marina and only ten minutes from the bottom of La Rambla - stunning views from front rooms

Room Mate Anna is near Placa de Catalina (top end of La Rambla) and close to Gaudi’s Casa Batllo. It is also a boutique hotel and the staff are magnificent.

Taxi to airport from either cost us about €40.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like Hotel 1898...have stayed there several times...right on Las Ramblas and in the middle of all the action! Great staff/rooms and bar/entertainment...and Starbucks next door!!! :) LuAnn

Another thumbs up for Hotel 1898. We were there in December for 4 nights. Just off Las Ramblas but very quiet inside the hotel. I would highly recommend it.

I will also suggest Room Mate Pau. It's right off Las Ramblas. What we liked was it wasn't one of the ultra fancy very high priced hotels but it was perfect for us. All we did was sleep there. We were there 3 nights a few years ago. It is clean, nice, has great staff, and a great breakfast on the rooftop.

Right next door is a combination drug store, grocery, miscellaneous store which is very convenient. We were able to walk half a block to a big taxi and bus stand to grab a taxi to port.

I would suggest The Olivia Plaza at Placa Catalunya

Yes, we have stayed here too. Very central location, mid price hotel with a lovely quiet courtyard garden that is perfect for late night drinks. You would never know it was situated in the main square of Barcelona.

• 5 weeks later...

Hotel Cathedral in the Gothic Quarter. Excellent location, short walk to Las Ramblas & Catalunya Square.

Great rooms & a lovely rooftop terrace too. Great restaurants around the area.

Before boarding a cruise crossing in December, we stayed one night at the Up Suites BCN, in a full one-bedroom apartment for less than 100 Euros, in the middle of Eixample, a safe area full of restaurants and cafes. I think we spent 20 Euros for our cab ride to the cruise terminal.