Mexican Riviera Question, Is there a beach that serves drinks while on the beach?

lets_dance

DH and I are taking a Mexican Riviera cruise in. November and DH is wanting to go to a beach where he can sit and have a drink severed to him. The ports we are Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. As this has been his only request, I would like to find some place we can go to when we are in port. DH is in fond of cruising as I want to make this a great cruise for him so that maybe he will want to take more cruises.

Thank you for the help.

Lanie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Las Caletas excursion in Puerto Vallarta has drinks included on the boat to the beach, on the beach, and on the boat returning from the beach. It also includes all the lunch you want.

Stone Island in Mazatlan is a long beach that has restaurants lined all along the beach. Most offer free beach loungers if you order something from them. This is an inexpensive beach outing as you can take the water taxi over from the port for a couple dollars. You can walk to the water taxi from the ship, but it is about a 10 minute walk. Taxis will also take you to the water taxi.

Don

In Puerto Vallarta you can take your own taxi to the malecon(boardwalk ) and stroll along over the bridge to a beach area where there are restaurants right on the sand. We always get a mango margarita and relax. IF you want to take an excursion that's OK too but to find beach and drinks , that is not necessary.

My suggestion for Cabo is to take the water taxi over to "The Office". You catch them right where the ship docks. For a little extra, they will take you on a 30 minute tour over to the Arches. You will probably see the sea lions there. The same taxi will come back and pick you up from "The Office". Make sure you give them a time, and remember the name of your boat. The beach at the Office is really nice for swimming and food is excellent. Here's the link for you: http://www.theofficeonthebeach.com/

My suggestion for Cabo is to take the water taxi over to "The Office". You catch them right where the ship docks. For a little extra, they will take you on a 30 minute tour over to the Arches. You will probably see the sea lions there. The same taxi will come back and pick you up from "The Office". Make sure you give them a time, and remember the name of your boat. The beach at the Office is really nice for swimming and food is excellent. Here's the link for you: http://www.theofficeonthebeach.com/

I like going to The Office!!

Last time there, it was closed ... OH NO!! We went to the Mango Deck instead ... what a mistake. Talk about a place that just tries to rip off tourists. I was the designated non-drinker that time around and they tried to charge everyone in our party about 4 times as much as we ordered, thinking we were all too plastered to notice. Scummy practice.

Never have I had that happen at The Office ... and yes, the food is excellent!

Anywhere on Medano Beach in Cabo would meet your needs. There are many major hotels there and all would be happy to serve you drinks and/or food. Im Maatlan we have always gone to the Playa Mazatlan Hotel and you can use the beach at the hotel. They also would be happy to serve you drinks and food.

Thanks for mentioning and posting the link for "The Office" in Cabo. We would like to see the Arches close up. When looking at the website for The Office, it didn't show beach chairs, just the tables on the sand for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The place does have beach chairs to at least rent, right?

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Another vote for Stone Island in Mazatlan. Freshest seafood (as well as other Mexican food) and drinks and it's SO INEXPENSIVE.

Lots of places in PV. Just get to the beach, walk and the waiters will politely try to get you into their on-the-beach restaurants

Lets talk a little about Mexican beaches. All beaches in Mexico are technically public beaches although the Federal government can grant franchises to private entities to provide food, drink and facilities on any beach. In places like Puerto Vallarta you can simply go to a popular beach such as Los Muertos and negotiate with the beach food vendors for beach chairs. If you know what you are doing it is often possible to get beach chairs for free (or a small fee) if you agree to purchase food/drink from that vendor. Other vendors will charge higher prices for chairs, especially if they think you are from a cruise ship :).

Cruise ships all offer various excursions including to beaches. Nearly all cruise excursions will take you to a beach that has both public facilities (rest rooms) as well as food/drink. The downside to the cruise line excursions is that you will often be on a section of beach with many other cruisers and the cost of the excursion will far exceed doing the same thing on you own.

If you want very specific information on beaches and places to eat....come over the CC Ports of Call Mexico board where these issues are discussed in much detail...and any question you post will get answers.

Hank

Each of these ports has private hotels that will sell you day access passes. Or which you can simply stroll into, and which will be happy to sell you drinks.

I've walked onto the beach at several hotels in Zona Dorada in Mazatlan, gave the beach boy a small donation to set out a beach chair for me, and asked him if there was a cocktail waitress. When I was asked "are you a guest?", my assumption was that the question pertained to room charge vs cash payment, rather than "get out if you are not a guest". I was not asked to leave. I actually prefer to sit by the pool instead of on the sand, in which case I deal only with the waitress and not the beach boy.

For each of the three ports, the cruise ship will be happy to sell you an excursion that includes transportation (bus or boat) to a resort, lunch, drinks, pool and beach access, etc. Costs a bit more than DIY, but you have no worries.

And I agree that Stone Island is a great place to visit.