Choosing a A1 cabin on Constellation - which would you take?

cruisin lady ca

I am considering changing my A1 cabin on Constellation for a September 2019 cruise. I booked 1138 but am wondering whether the movie screen is going to be an issue. I was told by a Celebrity agent that a cabin closer to the elevators would be a better choice; the available cabins include 1106, 1109, 1110 and 1113. I would love to hear from folks who have sailed in an aft cabin on Constellation since the installation of the movie screen - or from folks who have been in one of the port or starboard cabins. TIA.

We were in 1138 on the M Class (right next to 1140) and we could hear the movies loud and clear whenever we were on the veranda. It would not stop me from booking those cabins, but it was a minor annoyance. We seemed to get a week of many explosion/shoot em up movies. Maybe a romantic comedy would not be so loud. Oh, and they played a Beyoncé or someone like that concert many times - that was loud, too. A Michael Buble concert probably would have been fine. :)

And do NOT switch from 1138 to one of the side balconies - 1138 has a fantastic balcony, you will love it. The Celebrity agent is dead wrong - it is not that long a walk from the elevators to 1138.

We sailed in a starboard cabin recently and barely noticed any noise from the movies. There was a bit of early-morning furniture moving bit that was all.

I am considering changing my A1 cabin on Constellation for a September 2019 cruise. I booked 1138 but am wondering whether the movie screen is going to be an issue. I was told by a Celebrity agent that a cabin closer to the elevators would be a better choice; the available cabins include 1106' date=' 1109, 1110 and 1113. I would love to hear from folks who have sailed in an aft cabin on Constellation since the installation of the movie screen - or from folks who have been in one of the port or starboard cabins. TIA.[/quote']

I am in 1140 right now, and I can barely hear the movie. As a matter of fact the aft cabins are the farthest away from the screen so they would be the best choice. I love being on the 11th floor as none of the rooms are more than a 30 second walk to the elevators. I would absolutely stick with 1138, no question.

Loved 1141 on the Summit. Movies didn’t bother us, could hear slightly, but in no way hindered our enjoyment of the balcony. A few afternoons there was a singer in the aft bar, very nice to sit/relax on balcony and listen to music. If that is not your “thing” and you think music/movies would bother you, then I would move. With that said, I will try and book the A1 aft balconies on M-class ships in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always try to book the A1 afts. I love the large balcony and the staircase leading right down to the bar. This past April I had 1138 and next May I have 1140. Noise from the movies never bothered us.

Laura

I always try to book the A1 afts. I love the large balcony and the staircase leading right down to the bar. This past April I had 1138 and next May I have 1140. Noise from the movies never bothered us.

Laura

I'd be interested to hear what you think of 1140 vs. 1138. I've never been in 1140, but we used to always be in the deck 7,8 or 9 concierge afts with the really deep balconies, and while I loved them, I like 1138 even better because of the angled glass - I think it gives a great panorama, less tunnel vision, even though it might not be as big.

It has been awhile since we have been on the Constellation, but we were in 1140 on the Summit after the installation of the movie screen. Noise was not an issue at all.

Agree here - have been on the Summit twice in 1140 after the movie screen was installed and never had an issue. A few times mid day may have heard the movie a little bit, but never in the evening.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of 1140 vs. 1138. I've never been in 1140, but we used to always be in the deck 7,8 or 9 concierge afts with the really deep balconies, and while I loved them, I like 1138 even better because of the angled glass - I think it gives a great panorama, less tunnel vision, even though it might not be as big.

My DH and I love 1140 - the deep balcony is great - there is usually two chairs a table and a lounge chair - view from the rail is spectacular. We enjoy hearing the music from the aft bar below in the evenings and if you are not in port during the day the side glass is opaque and you can not see through it - nice for a little al fresco sunbathing. ;););)clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

I love 1138 with the angled glass so not sure if I will love 1140 as much but I was lucky to get 1140 and I'm sure I will love it as well. I am somewhat concerned about the tunnel vision but I think the balcony will be large enough to not be a worry. Any of those are great!

Laura

cruisin'lady,

Your ta obviously has no clue. You have to wonder where they get their information.....

We've sailed in both 1138 and 1140. I only remember a faint noise once from the movie in over 30+ nights.

Both balconies are wonderful and 1140 is a favorite for a reason. It's my favorite too.

Enjoy!!!!

It has been awhile since we have been on the Constellation, but we were in 1140 on the Summit after the installation of the movie screen. Noise was not an issue at all.

We had 1140 on Summit in June and, although I loved it overall, the movie volume was very loud. I heard but did not see one of the Harry Potter movies. They also showed Wolf of Wall Street in its complete and unexpurgated version while we were in Hamilton. I am no prude (I married a sailor and can swear like one), but it was more than a little disconcerting to hear the F-word, a sex scene and a few other “interesting” bits of dialogue at full volume in the middle of the day.

If they were showing movies at night, I didn’t hear anything, even while we were in port.

And you aren’t treated to the Maltese flag in the same in-your-face way that you are with 1140. At least that’s only while you’re in port. We have 1138 next year, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’d book any of the aft A1 in a heartbeat!

I think the volume of the movies is not only the type of movie being played, but also the discretion of whomever is in control of it on that ship. Like Critterchick, our volume was VERY loud - we even went up to see how loud it was for the patrons and it was blasting, but no one seemed to mind (they would have left otherwise) and it was SRO. So you take your chances. As I said, would not deter me from those balconies, but why??? does it have to be so loud?