Nieuw Statendam Speciality Restaurants

mcrcruiser

NS has the same specialty restaurants as Koningsdam: Pinnacle Grill-steaks, Canaletto-Italian, Tamarind-Asian, Sel de Mer-French & seafood, Grand Dutch Cafe-Dutch pastries and light lunch bites.

Our favorite by far is Tamarind. Quite delicious and excellent service. Yum Nuer, Chinese ribs, sushi and sashimi, red curry chicken, wasabi/soy tenderloin are awesome!

Pinnacle Grill $35 dinner, $10 lunch

Canaletto $10

Tamarind $20

Sel de Mer entrees $16 to $32, this restaurant is à la carte

Grand Dutch Cafe no charge

Koningsdam also has the America's Test Kitchen. When we were on in May, it was $15 per person. I hope they keep that format on the NS. I'd rather eat there than the Pinnacle Grill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Koningsdam also has the America's Test Kitchen. When we were on in May, it was $15 per person. I hope they keep that format on the NS. I'd rather eat there than the Pinnacle Grill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm curious to see what is done with this space since the original concept didn't really take off the way they hoped.

All that is, is seating at the sushi counter inside Tamarind. They've just branded that portion a little different.

Seating at the Tamarind sushi counter on the K'dam, but a separate sushi bar called Name Sushi on the NS:

Today, Holland America Line guests can indulge in Matsuda’s signature rolls at Tamarind — the award-winning Asian-fusion restaurant on board several Holland America Line ships — and at Tamarind’s sushi counter on Koningsdam. To further enhance the sushi experience Nieuw Statendam will establish a separate sushi bar called Nami Sushi, which will feature more rolls created exclusively by Matsuda.

• 4 months later...

My husband and I like the Pinnacle Grill best, followed by Sel de Mer and the Tamarind.   All charge extra but are worth it.  The Tamarind as of December is $25, not the $20 someone posted above.  Quite often prices go up in the new year but we will have to wait and see.   We haven't eaten in the regular dining room in the last five or six cruises.   We also plan to participate in Blend, where you blend your own Chateau St. Michelle wine and drink it at dinner.   Looking forward to this new ship!   She looks beautiful!

4 hours ago, Lovecruisestoo said:

My husband and I like the Pinnacle Grill best, followed by Sel de Mer and the Tamarind.   All charge extra but are worth it.  The Tamarind as of December is $25, not the $20 someone posted above.  Quite often prices go up in the new year but we will have to wait and see.   We haven't eaten in the regular dining room in the last five or six cruises.   We also plan to participate in Blend, where you blend your own Chateau St. Michelle wine and drink it at dinner.   Looking forward to this new ship!   She looks beautiful!

Pinnacle was very good on the NS!   Tried the new menu items also.