3 adults in one balcony cabin on the Escape

myra711

Husband, 25 year old son, and myself are booked in a spa balcony cabin on the Escape. Can anyone share their experience with 3 adults in a cabin? Is there enough storage space? I am counting on the Thermal Spa to be a secondary shower area for us!

Our demographics and travel scenarios sound similar and this would never work for me personally. It sounds tight for a 25-year-old and his parents. The beds will not be far apart and there’s certainly not going to be any privacy when changing etc. unless you’re in the bathroom. You could also expect to hear any “bathroom sounds”.

Is there any way you could spring for a solo cabin for the young fellow and give everyone a little more privacy? You can get solos for pretty cheap without a bevvy package...under $1000 US sometimes.

If he likes to drink, you guys will have two keycards, so let him use yours for his drinks if you guys are getting the ultimate beverage package.

For my upcoming, my family is staying in a balcony and I am doing a solo. I will have the UBP and share as needed. This way, we all get our privacy and we can still hang out on the balcony when we want to.

If he likes to drink, you guys will have two keycards, so let him use yours for his drinks if you guys are getting the ultimate beverage package.

For my upcoming, my family is staying in a balcony and I am doing a solo. I will have the UBP and share as needed. This way, we all get our privacy and we can still hang out on the balcony when we want to.

LOL....you realize your photo pops up when they swipe a card? He isn't going to be able to steal very efficiently when his mom's picture keeps popping up.

No but he could use his dad’s. Also, are You sure pics pop up at the bar computers? I was on EPIC and I didn’t even see a computer display at bars which were capable of showing a photo. I know they check your photo when boarding...but at all the bars and restaurants? I didn’t think so.

Not 3 adults but 4 adult size people in one balcony cabin. My 17ds who is 5’11 and 13ds will is 5’9. We all fit fine. As for showers, I would usually go back to the room first and shower then the boys would come back a little bit later. Since yours is older, I don’t know about the privacy issue, but as far as fitting there is room. You do not spend much time in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can do it in a spa balcony but it is going to be tight. OP if you think it is too tight, get your son a studio cabin. The cost normally includes the UBP (even the option to skip the UBP costs the same). Everyone gets a little more privacy that way.

No but he could use his dad’s. Also, are You sure pics pop up at the bar computers? I was on EPIC and I didn’t even see a computer display at bars which were capable of showing a photo. I know they check your photo when boarding...but at all the bars and restaurants? I didn’t think so.

Of course they do...it is a flat touch screen POS device that they use. Anyway, how is using his fathers photo going to help unless they are twins?

You are either messing with us or you haven't planned this scheme out very well.

O%27Sheehans%20Bar%2001-05-2013%2012-04-34-S.jpg

I dunno, I’m just saying, i had the UBP, but if someone I knew wanted a drink, they gave me their card and I showed their card many times and was never questioned. It happens all the time, the bartenders R 2 BZ 2 check that sh#%...

Also, you do not have to get the UBP with the studio, at least if you buy a Canadian fare. Most Americans don’t know this, but Canadians get 30% off NCL fares if we decide not to take a package with it. This is to compensate for the low Canadian dollar and incent us to travel with NCL.

And to the poster who said “you do not spend much time in the cabin anyway”... speak for yourself. I appreciate the opinion but in my opinion, why get a balcony just to use the cabin for changing? If I could afford A balcony suite you’d bet I’d be using the heck out of it!

I dunno, I’m just saying, i had the UBP, but if someone I knew wanted a drink, they gave me their card and I showed their card many times and was never questioned. It happens all the time, the bartenders R 2 BZ 2 check that sh#%...

Also, you do not have to get the UBP with the studio, at least if you buy a Canadian fare. Most Americans don’t know this, but Canadians get 30% off NCL fares if we decide not to take a package with it. This is to compensate for the low Canadian dollar and incent us to travel with NCL.

And to the poster who said “you do not spend much time in the cabin anyway”... speak for yourself. I appreciate the opinion but in my opinion, why get a balcony just to use the cabin for changing? If I could afford A balcony suite you’d bet I’d be using the heck out of it!

The OP is in a spa balcony, which is just a small balcony cabin with spa access. If the 25 year old wasnt booked in the cabin, he couldn’t use the thermal spa, or would have to pay $200.

You will have no problem fitting 3 adults in there. I've sailed with 4 in a balcony cabin on Epic with the awful bathroom design and it worked out just fine. Add in the fact that you have the Spa for additional showering space and it's even less of an issue.

Also, I can confirm that your picture does show when ordering drinks. I saw someone get denied last week on Escape because he didn't match the picture on the card he tried to use.

Thanks all for your thoughts. I know that it will be a different kind of vacation given the lack of privacy, but I am sure that we can do the changing/bathroom situations without much problem. We gave our son [and me! :)]the UBP . My husband is not much of a drinker and can sip my drinks. FYI, everyone in a spa cabin gets use of the spa, it isn't like the promotional perks. I'm happy to hear that others have had 3-4 in these cabins and have survived!

It has to be a selected cruise for the Canadian at-par rate. Not all sailing have these.

Husband, 25 year old son, and myself are booked in a spa balcony cabin on the Escape. Can anyone share their experience with 3 adults in a cabin? Is there enough storage space? I am counting on the Thermal Spa to be a secondary shower area for us!

The 25-year old should be in a studio. This will be very cramped for all.

My teen son is 6'3" and we all fit just fine. We are basically in the cabin to sleep, and we all shower at different times, so we aren't really in each other's way. There is ample storage space. We aren't heavy packers, but we certainly aren't light packers, and we always have plenty of unused storage places.

The bathroom in a balcony on the Escape is decently sized for changing. There was 3 of us in a balcony on the Escape 2 years ago. Granted, the 3rd was my 11 year old son at the time but I would have changed in the bathroom anyways as our balcony curtains were open and my parents were next door. (the cabin steward open the divider for us). It might be a little tight squeeze but not bad. The only thing that would suck is there are only 2 chairs on the balcony.

We didn't have a storage issue either. I don't think an 11 year old packs less than an adult. We hung up our nice stuff and places all the tshirts etc on the shelves in the closet or under the cabinet in room. Put your luggage under the bed. There is space.