Does Carnival not do Mediterranean cruises?

Carnival stopped doing Med/Europe cruises several years ago. The only time they have any itineraries in that area are when they launch a new ship from Italy and it will spend a month or so doing some Med cruises before heading across the Atlantic to the U.S.

Carnival stopped doing Med/Europe cruises several years ago. The only time they have any itineraries in that area are when they launch a new ship from Italy and it will spend a month or so doing some Med cruises before heading across the Atlantic to the U.S.

That's strange. You think they didnt make money? All the other lines do it.

That's strange. You think they didnt make money? All the other lines do it.

As I recall it was a desire by Carnival to focus more on the Caribbean as most of their target demographic were looking at that type of cruise. They are also expanding to the Asia region feeling there is growing interest there (and the customers have the disposable income) for cruises.

The Panorama should be launching sometime in mid-2019. I'm not positive but I highly doubt that it's first passenger voyage will be a 3 day Baja itinerary. They just might be waiting till she's further along in her build to list any shakedown cruises. The shakedown cruises are general within "arm's reach" of the shipyard and Fincantieri is located in Italy.

We scored a terrific deal on a Mediterranean Carnival cruise a few years ago - but the airfare was staggering. I'm familiar with airfare to London - but, wow. We ended up doing a RT from London's Heathrow then using bus, Chunnel, High Speed Rail to reach Barcelona. It was a fantastic, five day journey to the port...best one ever!

The Panorama should be launching sometime in mid-2019. I'm not positive but I highly doubt that it's first passenger voyage will be a 3 day Baja itinerary. They just might be waiting till she's further along in her build to list any shakedown cruises. The shakedown cruises are general within "arm's reach" of the shipyard and Fincantieri is located in Italy.

Panorama will actually be ready for sailing late 2019 as in December 2019. Not mid-2019

and Jonh Heald has confirmed there will be no Trans-crossing cruise. From the shipyard straight to Long Beach.

They mentioned (John H) that the TA for the Panorama would be like a 20 day one straight to Long Beach and no passengers.

The didn’t specifically state no med cruises, but my understanding is it was going to LB straight from the builders.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Panorama will actually be ready for sailing late 2019 as in December 2019. Not mid-2019

and Jonh Heald has confirmed there will be no Trans-crossing cruise. From the shipyard straight to Long Beach.

They mentioned (John H) that the TA for the Panorama would be like a 20 day one straight to Long Beach and no passengers.

The didn’t specifically state no med cruises, but my understanding is it was going to LB straight from the builders.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To me it just seems odd that they would launch her to full USA service without at least one paying public cruise to see if there are any need correct kinks. I do understand that they might do a shakedown or 2 where it's only invited employees and stockholders as guests. But 1 of those groups might be too lenient and the other too critical with their assessments.

They don't, but you might want to look at MSC (not a Carnival Corporation line) - they claim to honor other lines' loyalty levels.

They actually do. Just this past Friday I took a screenshot of my VIFP page on Carnival and sent it to them. I am platinum on Carnival and they matched me to their Gold level tier. All done from their website.

Carnival has other brands that sail the Med.

Yes, "Carnival Corporation" does have other lines which do the Med and Europe (HAL, Princess, Costa, Cunard, etc.) but I'm thinking the OP was wanting to book with Carnival Cruise Line. :)

They actually do. Just this past Friday I took a screenshot of my VIFP page on Carnival and sent it to them. I am platinum on Carnival and they matched me to their Gold level tier. All done from their website.
Good to know! A TA friend gave me some books (they're not "brochures" anymore) to review, including MSC, and I saw the benefit listed. Not that we're going to do the Med soon, but we are looking at other lines since we're probably going to start sailing without kids in tow - although we've always enjoyed sailing with Carnival and like the Platinum benefits (laundry!)

Wonder if my days sailed with one of them would count on Carnival too?

No. We sailed Princess to Alaska (July 2014) and did a Costa cruise about 15 years ago. They don't transfer points.

Thanks for the info. I was looking in to a Med cruise and preferred Carnival but guess I'll look elsewhere.

This is how and why I ended up on my first NCL cruise back in 2012. We wanted the Mediterranean and Carnival didn't offer what we were looking for. Just got back from my 2nd (3rd overall) NCL European cruise.....still prefer Carnival.