Vision TA - Sept 2019 - And TA questions in general

We are looking at possibly doing the TA from Barcelona to Miami - Sept 27, 2019. I checked 1 way flights from Charleston to Barcelona and then Miami back to CHS and YOWSA.. airfare is outrageous. Thought it would be better with one leg being Miami. (sorry - I'm using 2018 for research)

For those of you who have done TA - how do you do the airfare? Is there a trick to cheaper airfare?

My other question is, it has 5 sea days, which is a no brainer, but just wondering if you get board?? We were just on the Rhapsody and I love the ship, service, layout, food was good, but entertainment and things to do were severely lacking.

Also, are the seas usually rough that time of year. I know, anything can happen. But your experience would be helpful.

Any other opinions or insights into a TA I would appreciate it. Our about that itinerary??

We are currently booked on a 14 day very port intensive cruise on NCL (love the itinerary) but now thinking of waiting until 2020 and do this instead, so quite a contrast.

We did a TA from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale on Sep. 21, 2012 on Vision. We did a week around Spain so we crossed about the same time. The crossing was spectacular. Some of the glassiest seas I've ever seen. Now, I understand it's all luck of the draw, but we loved it. I will say we were a group of 8 close friends, so we were our own party. But I love the sea days. We'd get up and have breakfast, go to the pool, go to lunch, take a nap, meet for drinks, dinner, after dinner drinks, bed, then do it again the next day. There were fun things going on around the ship, the balcony was great to read on, the pool was wonderful (as was the weather). So for me, I loved it!

As for airfare, I am retired airline so we flew free over to London. But since I live in Atlanta, we rented a car one way from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta for a very reasonable price. There was, surprisingly, no drop off fee. But you might want to look at that option. Might be cheaper than flying. Just make sure you know if there is a drop off fee, or any mileage charge. That can be a real killer. Read the fine print.

We booked our airfare two months ago for our Symphony transatlantic. Royals air2sea has been the best prices we seem to find. We booked Norwegian Air one way Lax to Barcelona for $650.00 pp business class. They were offering economy on Air France, Virgin Atlantic, KLM and a few others for well under $300.00. We have flown one way from LAX to Rome, Barcelona and London with fares always under 400.00 pp economy class, upgrade to economy plus runs about $250.00 extra. Have used air2sea many times and have had nothing but positive experiences. We have always been able to pick our seats as we are booking or calling the airline the same day. You can also fly in a few weeks early if your site-seeing before your cruise. The best prices are for one way international, if you need round trip just book two one way flights. If you need a domestic flight after your cruise book it through the airline or travel site. happy cruising, we love TA'S

Agree that Royal air2sea one way fare is excellent. We are using in August to fly ewr to Copenhagen for the TA on the Serrnade. $535/pp for SAS plus, which includes a better seat, 2 checked bags pp, and lounge access.

I will keep that in mind if we end up doing this. The cheapest I could find for 2018 was $525 but that was for 2 stops. Don't like all the up and downs. The 1 stop flights are $2400 (one way) :o So you give me hope. We would have to fly1way from MIA to Charleston, but that is actually cheap.

I will keep that in mind if we end up doing this. The cheapest I could find for 2018 was $525 but that was for 2 stops. Don't like all the up and downs. The 1 stop flights are $2400 (one way) :o So you give me hope. We would have to fly1way from MIA to Charleston, but that is actually cheap.

We have used Air2Sea around 5 times, and normally get a one-stop one-way flight from STL-BCN or STL-FCO for between $350 and $450 per person.

Just booked flights through Air2Sea on our Oct 2018 TA from Barcelona to Miami on the Symphony. It came out to $534 pp. (DFW to DC to BCN, Miami to DFW) I was pleasantly surprised at this price.

Just booked flights through Air2Sea on our Oct 2018 TA from Barcelona to Miami on the Symphony. It came out to $534 pp. (DFW to DC to BCN, Miami to DFW) I was pleasantly surprised at this price.

Wow, that is amazing. There is hope. :D

Thanks Bob, too. I appreciate all the responses!