Dream Review July 1-8!

shu321

" Funny story, we stopped to go to the bathroom and you had to pay the attendant a quarter or two. I was thinking we had no other option and I had to go bad. All we had on us were twenties so I went into the gas station store and bought some chips so I’d have change to give the lady. Well I wasn’t thinking and got change back in Mexican money! So it was the most expensive bathroom break EVER "

I hear ya! and I thank you for sharing your story. Last week there was a thread here on Cruise Critic about tipping the crew with $2 bills. I mentioned that even if the port businesses accept the bill they will return any change due back in pesos. People flamed me saying that wasn't so and in Coz they ALWAYS give American currency for change.

You have redeemed me and made me happy. Oh, and BTW, I am enjoying your review and photos. We leave in February for Coz and will be aboard our first Dream Class ship: Carinval Dream.

" Funny story, we stopped to go to the bathroom and you had to pay the attendant a quarter or two. I was thinking we had no other option and I had to go bad. All we had on us were twenties so I went into the gas station store and bought some chips so I’d have change to give the lady. Well I wasn’t thinking and got change back in Mexican money! So it was the most expensive bathroom break EVER "

I hear ya! and I thank you for sharing your story. Last week there was a thread here on Cruise Critic about tipping the crew with $2 bills. I mentioned that even if the port businesses accept the bill they will return any change due back in pesos. People flamed me saying that wasn't so and in Coz they ALWAYS give American currency for change.

You have redeemed me and made me happy. Oh, and BTW, I am enjoying your review and photos. We leave in February for Coz and will be aboard our first Dream Class ship: Carinval Dream.

In port they may give back change in American money, outside it’s all pesos! This bathroom break was about 10 minutes outside of the port. Enjoy your Dream cruise in February!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really enjoying your review and pictures. We are going on the Dream in November so trying find out as much as I can about shore excursions,etc. You mentioned you did not purchase the beverage pkg but did have drinks. Now much were the cocktails and/or glass of wine? We will each be taking a bottle of wine and 12 soda. Thanks for any info you can give.

Really enjoying your review and pictures. We are going on the Dream in November so trying find out as much as I can about shore excursions,etc. You mentioned you did not purchase the beverage pkg but did have drinks. Now much were the cocktails and/or glass of wine? We will each be taking a bottle of wine and 12 soda. Thanks for any info you can give.

Drinks were about $8-$12. We had a mixture of frozen drinks to martinis. No wine, we brought two bottles. We did buy bottomless bubbles, and just about broke even on that, but we didn’t bring the 12 pack on.

Belize, continued...

Our ride back to the boat was packed! But was pretty smooth. We showered and headed to dinner. Not sure if I mentioned but we did your time dining and loved it. We like to eat early so we got there as soon as the doors opened almost. I did notice later in the evening, like when we were done, there seemed to be quite a wait. We also sat by ourselves every night without a problem.

For dinner my husband had the prosciutto and melon, he said that was okay, and the minestrone soup which was delicious. I had the cannelloni and loved it. Adam had the mahi mahi with bernaise sauce and said it was okay as well nothing great, and I had the beef tenderloin with polenta and wine sauce with a side of bacon Mac and cheese. This was my favorite meal all cruise! So flavorful! For dessert I had the bitter n blanc which was tasty! And Adam had the s’mores parfait which was also delicious!

After dinner we went to see America Rocks in the Encore theatre and it was SO GOOD!!! Loved every second of it! Then we headed to the Alchemy bar and got our drink on!

I started with another chocolate martini but this one was on the menu called the deal closer. Looks the same as the first one I had. 58b7fdedd4611cc2f67b93013ab64a57.jpg

Then my husband had something with Grey goose that included rosemary and blueberry. He loved it! He told the bar tender something refreshing. d836ad805ee5ba7195659f5f33153ff4.jpg

My next drink was a watermelon margarita! I love margaritas and this one hit the spot! ff984cc34093d7590de46d1894f2cbc9.jpg

While at the Alchemy bar we ran into someone my husband works with and his wife who actually also live in our neighborhood! So we grabbed them and headed to the piano bar! Joanna was the pianist and it was a BLAST!!! She’s a great entertainer and we loved it. f4bac1a5d179a78728d70437604ed339.jpg

More drinks were had! My husbands came to him and he called it an adult Shirley temple! 6b9bb39b04c46ae6927f5b3db3c95ad2.jpg

I then had something called Don’t stop the music! At this point I needed no more alcohol so Adam helped me drink it!187d33336f20afb0effc74ca735b31b9.jpg

After we finished at the piano bar, in typical drunk fashion we went and had pizza!!! It was delicious and a great way to soak up the alcohol and give us heartburn! We had a blast.

Next up, Roatan!

Love your review. Love my kids but taking a vacation and especially a cruise without them is awesome. We have a 26 year old and 14 year old so we are slowly getting to where they won’t want to go with us . Well the 26 year old is getting married so we have new travel partners. The 14 year old likes to travel with us but also enjoys staying home when we travel. I know you miss your kiddos but it is so good to recharge with your spouse. Looks like you all had a blast and I can’t wait to read more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love your review. Love my kids but taking a vacation and especially a cruise without them is awesome. We have a 26 year old and 14 year old so we are slowly getting to where they won’t want to go with us . Well the 26 year old is getting married so we have new travel partners. The 14 year old likes to travel with us but also enjoys staying home when we travel. I know you miss your kiddos but it is so good to recharge with your spouse. Looks like you all had a blast and I can’t wait to read more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! It was so great traveling without the kids, we kinda felt like we were missing something! But it was a great trip and can’t wait to experience it with our kids.

July 5, Mahogany Bay Roatan

We had nothing planned for this port, which was great because we were exhausted from the previous ports and our drinking from the night before!

We got up and ate breakfast at Blue Iguana and enjoyed the breakfast burrito. After breakfast we headed back to our room to change and explore the shops at the port, but as soon as we left to go it poured down rain. So we decided to head back up and read/watch Netflix that we downloaded. Our steward left us a $50 spa credit so I went up and checked that out and booked a facial (my favorite!) for 3:00. When I got back, the rain had let up so we went out and shopped and got our kids some souvenirs.

I hit the gym when we got back and ran a few miles, napped, and ate lunch. So exciting right?! It was perfect! Raising little kids is tough so we thoroughly enjoyed the quiet downtime.

My facial was 50 minutes and was fantastic! She did try to sell me products and what not and I listened and politely declined and tipped a little extra even though it was already added on. Great way to relax!

For dinner Adam had the asparagus soup and doesn’t recommend it. We both had basic salads and enjoyed them! I had the chicken milanese and it was very good! Hubs had the penne mariscos and enjoyed it. It wasn’t what he expected. He had the cheesecake and I had the popcorn pot de creme and loved it!!!

We tried to go to the game show, but the seas were rough and I was started to feel seasick in the enclosed area so went up to room and opened curtains on our balcony. I also took a bonine pill to help.

We were pretty boring this day! This is a picture from pulling into the port.e076068f1c580e994a9e9e93ec9ac151.jpg

And this is one taken from the shopping area. 4d068d8f3304f6502526363a8bf15bf7.jpg

I also saw lots of doors decorated which was something I never saw on my cruise 7 years ago. Here was my favorite one! 4df56c96fbe88fd37aa0fd4002b8bae4.jpg

Next up the final 2 sea days and disembarking.

I also have all the fun times, but need to take pictures of those. I’ll post at the end!

Any questions for me? I’m sure I’m forgetting things!

Great review and it's nice y'all were able to have a nice vacation for the two of you! We have 3 teen boys were taking on the Dream next month and are excited to sail on the Dream for the first time. Then it's back on the Breeze in Sept for the two of us while the boys are back in school.

Belize, continued...

After the 50 minute bus ride (which I slept on!) we made it to Altun Ha Ruins. We only had 30 minutes here which just plain sucked. If we ever go back, we’d book a private taxi to take us there so we could spend more time.

Our guide gave us a 15 minute overview of the site and then let us explore for the last 15. Any longer and we would’ve been late to get the tender back to the ship. I got some great pictures, but would’ve loved more time to read the signs and explore.

Would I book this one again? Probably not, but seeing the site was definitely awesome!

Do you remember how long the bus ride from the ruins back to the ship was? I’d like to do the Altun Ha excursion (without boat ride). The description says 45 min, but one reviewer said it was 1 1/2 hr one way. Also, do you think a 3 and/or 6 year old can handle climbing up the steps of the ruin you’re allowed on?

We then headed to comedy show and it was good from what I remember! Afterwards we called it a night. We had an early day for Cozumel and our first excursion!

Dream has a comedy show? I didn't see a comedy club listed under the Dream?

Happy Anniversary! You two are so cute! My husband and I have been married 28 years and taking some vacations without the kids when they were younger surely helped us stay together for so long. We really enjoy each others company.

I am enjoying your review and am looking forward to our first cruise on The Dream next May!

Happy Anniversary! You two are so cute! My husband and I have been married 28 years and taking some vacations without the kids when they were younger surely helped us stay together for so long. We really enjoy each others company.

I am enjoying your review and am looking forward to our first cruise on The Dream next May!

Totally agree with you and we are celebrating our 28th Anniversary aboard the Dream in August!