Car rental shuttle from Port Everglades

ds0831

My hubby and I are planning to rent a car after we get off our cruise at Port Everglades on Apr 23rd (Sunday) and drop off the car at FLL airport when we catch our flight home in the evening. I recall seeing shuttle buses for car rental companies at the port back in 2014 while waiting for a taxi. Do the shuttles still run? If so, can you please tell me which of the rental companies have the shuttle service? I just tried calling the customer service line at Alamo and they told me they don't have any shuttles going to or from Port Everglades.

These agencies have had shuttles in the past:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Once you decide on a rental company, I'd call the local office and verify the shuttle still runs. We used Avis at the Hyatt Pier 66 last year and were happy with the service.

Hmmm working on this myself. I read on here that Alamo has stopped shuttle service from the port to the airport so I now have 2 reservations. One to rent from the airport and one on Eller Drive by the port. Can anyone confirm that there is a shuttle from the pier to the "Port Everglades" location? I guess it would be a shorter cab fare at least.

Hmmm working on this myself. I read on here that Alamo has stopped shuttle service from the port to the airport so I now have 2 reservations. One to rent from the airport and one on Eller Drive by the port. Can anyone confirm that there is a shuttle from the pier to the "Port Everglades" location? I guess it would be a shorter cab fare at least.

As I mentioned above, it's best to contact the local office directly by phone and confirm the shuttle.

I can confirm that the Alamo location on Eller Drive has a shuttle to and from Port Everglades, as I used it this past week.

Their FLL location no longer has a shuttle service, since they now have the Eller location (just opened 3 weeks ago).

Wow, thanks for these last posts.

I went to check our reservation (MIA to FLL) and couldn't change it to the new location as it was pre-paid.

I cancelled and re-booked to the Eller Drive drop off location and saved a whopping $100 on the reservation!!! Woohoo!

You're welcome!

After dropping off at Eller, I looked into changing our pick-up reservation to Eller but it turns out it was much more expensive to do Eller-PBI than FLL-PBI, so I kept our original FLL-PBI reservation and the Eller location still let me pick up a car there. Everything worked great :)

These agencies have had shuttles in the past:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Once you decide on a rental company, I'd call the local office and verify the shuttle still runs. We used Avis at the Hyatt Pier 66 last year and were happy with the service.

You left out Enterprise from the Hilton Marina.

I can confirm that the Alamo location on Eller Drive has a shuttle to and from Port Everglades, as I used it this past week.

Their FLL location no longer has a shuttle service, since they now have the Eller location (just opened 3 weeks ago).

Thanks so much for confirming! Do you have to call for the shuttle or does it come on a periodic basis?

Thanks so much for confirming! Do you have to call for the shuttle or does it come on a periodic basis?

You don't have to call. They had told me it comes every 30 minutes.

When we got off the ship, we walked to the pick-up location for car rental companies and an Alamo shuttle arrived 2 minutes after we got there. We were the only ones from our terminal getting on. At the next terminal, there were quite a few people and the driver did call for another Alamo shuttle to come to that terminal to get the rest of the people.

Thanks for all this new info. I will keep my Eller drive reservation and I saved $10 plus upgraded to a larger SUV for all our luggage. Nice to know exactly were to go to for pick up too.

No problem. I'm not sure if all terminals have the same layout, but we were at terminal 19. When we walked out the doors, we turned left, kept walking, then crossed the street (there's a crosswalk) and we reached the car rental pick-up location - you'll see a sign. There is lots of port staff too to point you in the right direction.

• 1 year later...

Hi thanks for welcoming me. I am not very techi so find things difficult.

We are taking our first cruise with Celebrity from Fort Lauderdale on the 23 March. We are driving from Orlando the first part of our holiday that morning and want to try to find the nearest car hire to the entrance from the I- 595 East. This is the one Celebrity have told us to go to. We have absolutely no idea what to expect so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks but we are more interested in getting to the port and dropping our car off our paperwork does not mention a pier number. So we are trying to hire from the company which is near to our pier which is Celebrity Reflection

All of the near port rental offices work very well. I wouldn't worry about which is the absolute closest. The port is a very large area, and the access to the Terminals is from 3 sides. Your ship can be accessed from all 3 sides.

Take a look at Google Maps, and match it up with the locations mentioned above for rental car offices.

• 1 month later...

Are all of these shuttles you speak of taking you to the airport for your rental car? I have always gotten good prices from carrentals.com but the best price is for a car rented at the airport. We are getting off our cruise May19th, and plan on staying a few more days and need a rental.

Are all of these shuttles you speak of taking you to the airport for your rental car? I have always gotten good prices from carrentals.com but the best price is for a car rented at the airport. We are getting off our cruise May19th, and plan on staying a few more days and need a rental.

No, most of the shuttles are between the cruise terminals and neighborhood agency locations.

No, most of the shuttles are between the cruise terminals and neighborhood agency locations.

OK, I see. It seems the rates on most companies are much cheaper if you get the rental from the airport. Might be worth the uber or shuttle ride to the airport to get the rental car.

• 5 months later...