Symphony: Difference between Central Park View Interior and Promenade View Interior

And the central park can be loud if you are near the top and can hear pool noise and music. Balconys are exposed to folks looking down.

Go with promenade or Boardwalk if you want some noise and views of back of the ship and zip line.

The Central Park View rooms that the OP asked about are not loud and are on deck 9.

We had a CP view and would stay in one again. I would rather look at CP than the Promenade.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

The Central Park View rooms that the OP asked about are not loud and are on deck 9.

We had a CP view and would stay in one again. I would rather look at CP than the Promenade.

Look again they did not mention deck 9.

CP can be pretty but I have been on 2 Oasis class ships and so many times either looking up or down never saw many folks on balcony even with pretty view.

But folks do use balconies on boardwalk.

In any case many choices.

CP can be pretty but I have been on 2 Oasis class ships and so many times either looking up or down never saw many folks on balcony even with pretty view.

Read the OP's post again they specifically asked about CP VIEW rooms. Those are not balconies and are only located on deck 9.

All the Central Park View interior rooms (which the OP was asking about) are on deck nine. These are the rooms with the bay window overlooking Central Park, as opposed to being a balcony room.

I agree with previous posters that said the Central Park View is much better than the promenade: in fact, this was the type of room we chose for our first cruise years ago. The bay window is lovely to have over a standard interior room: it makes it feel much larger and more open. And the Central Park is my personal favorite neighborhood. The promenade and boardwalk can get loud and busy, and while there are certainly more people passing by on the promenade if you’re into people-watching, I see that as a downside. Plus, there’s something so magical about sitting in that cozy little bay window at night, looking out at the peaceful trees and lights of Central Park, and needing to remind yourself that all this is on a cruise ship. The promenade is a little too Mall-like for me to want a view of it from my room.

We stayed in promenade on Allure and quite liked it. It was fun sitting at the bay window (which gave more space too) and looking out...especially if Dreamworks characters came by, etc. We only had one night where something was going on and we noticed noise, but it didnt' last long or bother us. Haven't stayed in Central park, but imagine those are nice and peaceful. Great too if you're located correctly and can see check out how bad the line up is at Park Care...lol.

And Ken is correct.

Reading Is Fundamental.

:)

well I might have been in the middle of a yawn and read quickly. I get addicted to these CC threads.

I guess I would take a window over the CP rather than Promenade. BTW when I am not yawning or tired I read quite well.

I see you are from PA near KOP where I used to work until I retired. And so we are neighbors in a way even though I am north about 25 miles from KOP.

Keep fingers crossed will ya for a new Quantum ship to Liberty Cruise terminal. I don't want to go into NYC.

do they make those folks on deck 9 close their curtains when they have the promenade parade?

That would be a negative if I could not sit and watch the parade at lease.

Deck 9 overlooks Central Park. The Promenade view rooms do not have to close their curtains for the parade.

Deck 9 overlooks Central Park. The Promenade view rooms do not have to close their curtains for the parade.

oh thanks for reply. I never seen any opened on any of the YouTube videos are the parades so I was wondering. The Symphony is on You Tube now with their new parade. different than the others.