Booking on the website. There must be a better way.

DT1304

I have read so many threads about the RCCL website, and there have not been many compliments that I can recall.

When trying to book there has to be a better way to select your cabin. It's such an easy fix, and with all the complaints, I find it hard to believe that the company has not done something about it.

Why can it not be as simple as booking a specific seat on a plane. The site shows on the deck plan what is available, and you click on it to get costings and book. Simple.

Sorry about the Monday morning rant, but it is so frustrating, when booking multiple cabins and having to jump through hoops to find cabins

I'll have to disagree......their booking line is absolutely shocking. I always booked online, with practically no human interaction, but now that our family is bigger i can't book a cabin(s) online. I was recently in the market for a cruise for 2018 and the standard of staff on the booking line is dreadful, don't get me wrong they were all pleasant but their English is very poor, so if you want to get a no. of different prices on different cruises it becomes a nightmare. In the end i gave up and went with NCL, where i found the booking staff could at least understand you.

You can only cut costs so far until it begins to affect your product......

With every new "enhancement" it gets worse. I miss the days when you could plug in your special rates, senior, military residency and cruises with those rates would pop up first.

Of course I'm not sure there are many of those rates left these days.

I also miss when you could pick a ship and it would sort cruises from least expensive on up

Oh the good old days:halo:

Oh yeah, also miss the days when you could see a lot more than 2 or 3 available cabins AND when I could get into their website without having to clear my cookies every few days or go in thru the Private mode

Edited by molly361

With every new "enhancement" it gets worse. I miss the days when you could plug in your special rates, senior, military residency and cruises with those rates would pop up first.

Of course I'm not sure there are many of those rates left these days.

I also miss when you could pick a ship and it would sort cruises from least expensive on up

Oh the good old days:halo:

Oh yeah, also miss the days when you could see a lot more than 2 or 3 available cabins AND when I could get into their website without having to clear my cookies every few days or go in thru the Private mode

I also miss the page that would show your ship's "calendar" in a bar graph. It seems that with every change, they reduce the amount of info we have. Pretty soon the website will be simple, enter the credit card and they will assign us a cruise.

I also miss the page that would show your ship's "calendar" in a bar graph. It seems that with every change, they reduce the amount of info we have. Pretty soon the website will be simple, enter the credit card and they will assign us a cruise.

Don't give them any ideas

You really have to wonder who in the world approves both the RCI and the X websites. I don't book any longer on either site. I just use an agent and let them deal with getting things done. Yet, it should be so easy to chose a cruise, pick a cabin and get a price - but it's not!