Laundry service pricing Dream

ballarinamom

Hi there

We will be spending several days in NOLA prior to cruising and would like to do a load day 2 of the cruise. I don't really want to wash it myself, I know they charge by the piece. But they also have the bag specials. Anyone have pricing for the Dream? Also anyone happen to know when they offer the bag special?

If you wash it yourself, it is $3 per load to wash and $3 per load to dry. I think detergent is $1.50. These were the prices on the 1/28/18 sailing. It all goes on your Sail & Sign card.

So for 7.50 you can wash a load yourself and for 15.00 they can wash it for me? Heck I will take the 15.00 deal any day lol

So for 7.50 you can wash a load yourself and for 15.00 they can wash it for me? Heck I will take the 15.00 deal any day lol

You can wash more clothes yourself than you can with the $15 per bag special. It would be $6 if you bring your own detergent. Another advantage to doing it yourself is that you can wash your clothes the way you want to. When you send it out, your clothes are washed and dried on hot. They put your clothes in a mesh bag and put it in a machine with everyone else's clothes.

Hi

You can fit several pieces of clothing into one of those bags. You can find threads on how much people have managed to stuff into one of those bags before they rip. If it rips you have to start again. :)

You can fit 4-5 full bags into a washer load. So, if you have a few items that you would like someone else to clean for you, a bag might be your best option. If as the OP says, you will have been on vacation for several days already before boarding...well, it will cost more. As I say all the time in regards to this this question, I would not put any delicate/expensive articles into one of those bags. Socks, underwear, t-shirts, bathing suit, will be fine.

have a great cruise

Exactly- I'm not interested in washing clothes on my vacation. We're on deck 9 and I know the laundry is deck 10 but I'd rather get the discounted bag

Hi there

We will be spending several days in NOLA prior to cruising and would like to do a load day 2 of the cruise. I don't really want to wash it myself, I know they charge by the piece. But they also have the bag specials. Anyone have pricing for the Dream? Also anyone happen to know when they offer the bag special?

When are you going? We are on the August 12th sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Dream last Sunday and I used the bag special twice! I think it was Wednesday that they offered it to us. It was so worth it. My steward told me to roll my clothes so that more would fit in there lol. The first time I admit done that but the second time I got quite a bit in there. It was easy and convenient! I would do it again in a heart beat. They also offered 5 bags for $50.

We will be on the Dream the last week of July. I am sure I will be sent at some time to do some laundry. Could someone add where exactly the self laundry can be found? Thanks.

Deck 10 near the forward elevator- plus several other throughout the ship. You can get a map on board or use the hub app map.

Please enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

We just got off the Dream last Sunday and I used the bag special twice! I think it was Wednesday that they offered it to us. It was so worth it. My steward told me to roll my clothes so that more would fit in there lol. The first time I admit done that but the second time I got quite a bit in there. It was easy and convenient! I would do it again in a heart beat. They also offered 5 bags for $50.

Can I ask what kind of things you sent and if anything shrunk or was damaged after? I keep hearing only send undergarments and things like that as they just use hot water and things might shrink, etc..

For the self service laundry machines does anyone know approx. how long each cycle takes to wash & dry? Do most people just wait in the laundry room or leave your things and come back to put in and take out of dryer?

Thanks!

I don't remember how long it took. On the Dream, my card was charged at 12:52am for the washer and at 1:30am for the dryer. It was a small load that I washed and rinsed on cold and dryed on medium heat. I dry on low at home. I dry on medium on a cruise because I don't want to pay for another cycle.

I either wait in the laundry room(Dream) or just outside the laundry room(Legend).

The laundry room on deck 6 of the Legend was really hot, so I waited just outside. The laundry room was just on the other side of a crew door. The laundry room on deck 2 of the Dream was not hot. I was the only one there, so I sat on the floor inside the laundry room.

Edited by Tiger0613

Can I ask what kind of things you sent and if anything shrunk or was damaged after? I keep hearing only send undergarments and things like that as they just use hot water and things might shrink, etc..

I sent underwear, swimsuits, shorts and a few t shirts. We really didn’t have anything that I was worried about getting messed up. They came back clean and folded. I was happy with the service.

Location of Launderettes on Dream

Deck 2 - across from 2375

Deck 7 - across from 7347

Deck 10 - across from 10265

Location of Ironing rooms

Deck 1- across from 1411

Deck 6 - across from 6382

Deck - 8 across from 8395

Deck - 9 across from 9403

hope this helps

Just got off the Dream and had a bag of laundry washed using the wash and fold service. I'm Platinum, so it was free, but everything, including a few white T-shirts came back clean and smelling fresh.

Also, the form was in my center drawer on day 1. It is on the back of the form where you can orders souvenir towels and such.

Good luck!

Brad