Breakfast options on Horizon ??

alexmom

We'll be on the Horizon in December and I'm wondering if the buffet and the breakfast burrito place are the only places to get breakfast. There appears to be more places to eat lunch and dinner than there are days to eat, even on an 8 day cruise !! Standing in line at the buffet every morning does not sound appetizing to me.

I wasn't that fond of the Allure, but they had the Solarium, Park Cafe and Johnny Rockets so we never had to deal with the buffet. I would like to avoid it on the Horizon too. Any tips anyone wants to share??

Thank you,

Kristine

PS the buffet thing is a germ thing, not a snob thing. I just don't like a boatload of people touching my food. And since I've never picked up the Noro on any cruise, including ones that were decimated by it, I might just be on to something !

We are just off the Horizon 5/28 - 6/5 sailing. Each morning we ate in the MDR off either the breakfast or brunch menu. I believe the burrito place was also open for breakfast.

I agree on the buffet, and only went there twice for the homemade ice cream.

Thanks to everyone for the MDR tip. It just never occurred to me that it would be open for breakfast ! Now, if only Carnival had a coffee card so I can get my daily Americano !!

Thanks to everyone for the MDR tip. It just never occurred to me that it would be open for breakfast ! Now, if only Carnival had a coffee card so I can get my daily Americano !!

I believe that the coffee shop has a punch card where you buy so many and then get the next free. OR, if you have Cheers, specialty coffee is included.

Yeah, the MDR breakfast is the way to go. The only time I don't eat breakfast there is if I have a breakfast burrito at Blue Iguana (yum!) or order continental room service. (Which I sometimes do because I much prefer lunch food to breakfast. Gotta save room!)

My understanding is that there is also a continental breakfast in the Ocean Lounge that has eggs and maybe some other hot food. Apparently it is often less crowded. This is all hearsay, as our cruise isn't until next week. ;)

Yes, Ocean Plaza has a mini-buffet that is usually not busy.

Room service has continental breakfast via the door hanger cards.

MDR is the nicest way to have breakfast....you're seated and served. All the jellies, syrups, etc....will be on the table, so you don't need to search or wait for them. The MDR is a nice way to start the day. Very casual..shorts/flip flops are fine at breakfast.

Same food on all ships.

Has the new breakfast menu been rolled out to all ships? I don't know.

Another breakfast option is the 24x7 pizza! Complimentary chocolate croissants and other breads at the coffee bar while they last.

MDR is the nicest way to have breakfast....you're seated and served. All the jellies, syrups, etc....will be on the table, so you don't need to search or wait for them. The MDR is a nice way to start the day. Very casual..shorts/flip flops are fine at breakfast.

Syrup is not on the table, jellies may or may not be. You have to wait for pastries, juice, coffee ,tea. you have to ask for and wait for hot sauce or ketchup. Breakfast is a NICE way to have breakfast, but not necessarily the NICEST for everyone. The windjammer or even room service can be very nice as well.

Syrup is not on the table, jellies may or may not be. You have to wait for pastries, juice, coffee ,tea. you have to ask for and wait for hot sauce or ketchup. Breakfast is a NICE way to have breakfast, but not necessarily the NICEST for everyone. The windjammer or even room service can be very nice as well.

No windjammer on Carnival. You must be thinking of another cruise line.