A question for Diamond or above recently on Enchantment

We have not been on Enchantment in over a year and was wondering if they have changed the location of Diamond or Concierge lounge. Looking at the latest deck plans it shows Diamond on deck 12 and Concierge on deck 11. They used to be across from each other over the Viking Crown.

Also, any updates on if they are allowing the use of the Diamond drink vouchers in MDR or Chops?

Thanks in advance,

Donna

We have not been on Enchantment in over a year and was wondering if they have changed the location of Diamond or Concierge lounge. Looking at the latest deck plans it shows Diamond on deck 12 and Concierge on deck 11. They used to be across from each other over the Viking Crown.

Also, any updates on if they are allowing the use of the Diamond drink vouchers in MDR or Chops?

Thanks in advance,

Donna

You are getting confused with another ship.

Enchantment never had the DL and CL across from each other.

Thanks Bob. Maybe I am confused. I was thinking Enchantment was the one you went up the little ramp from the Viking Crown and the Diamond Lounge looked out over the Viking Crown and the Concierge looked over the Solarium.

Thanks in advance,

Donna

When are you going Donna, or planning on going? I will be on her in about 65 days and I plan on taking photos of the area and doing a short review when I get back. Ive wanted to do Enchantment for a long time because of hearing people like Bob and many others say they enjoyed the ship.

Thanks Bob. Maybe I am confused. I was thinking Enchantment was the one you went up the little ramp from the Viking Crown and the Diamond Lounge looked out over the Viking Crown and the Concierge looked over the Solarium.

Yes, that's correct, and that's where the Diamond Lounge was all the time.

A long time ago, when there was no DL, Enchantment had a CL down on deck 8, but that was removed when they added the DL.

We are going on the July 20th. She is one of my favorite ships and I am thrilled to have her back in Port Canaveral, even if it is only for a short time.

Ok, I will watch for some of your posts and will enjoy any current info you post. If you have a chance, and it isn't too imposing, see if you can find who the next CD is?

Ok, I will watch for some of your posts and will enjoy any current info you post. If you have a chance, and it isn't too imposing, see if you can find who the next CD is?

I will be sure to ask.

You are correct, at least that’s the way it was when we were on Enchantment in August 2016. You go up a ramp from the Viking Crown Lounge and there was the CL and then up some steep stairs to the DL which overlooked the VCL.

• 2 weeks later...
You are correct, at least that’s the way it was when we were on Enchantment in August 2016. You go up a ramp from the Viking Crown Lounge and there was the CL and then up some steep stairs to the DL which overlooked the VCL.

It was still that way when my wife and I were on the May 14, 2018 Enchantment. There was also a lift for handicapped people who cannot climb those "steep stairs to the DL". The CL was still a CL, not an SL, so D+ were still admitted.

It was still that way when my wife and I were on the May 14, 2018 Enchantment. There was also a lift for handicapped people who cannot climb those "steep stairs to the DL". The CL was still a CL, not an SL, so D+ were still admitted.

That has not changed.

Nice being able to shift from one to the other via a few steps across from each other if one is more crowded than the other...or for me more importantly ...one coffee machine was not working, could go try the other lounge. ;)

I sailed Enchantment last month ( late June) and it is still the same. Visited both lounges one night ( maybe around 6PM) , CL had one other couple and DL had maybe 10 people there. As far as what is written in the welcome letter, voucher use is NOT permitted in dining venues.

M

We just got off this morning and at least for our sailing the concierge lounge was under refurb so D, D+, P, and suite guests were all in the Diamond Lounge. Never seemed overly crowded though.

Actually every time we have been on EN...the DL was never crowded at all, except early on first night perhaps. It's a pretty lounge that never seems to be used that much...but we like it that way. Always easy to find a seat. :)

BTW: Do you have any idea what refurb they are doing to the CL? One bad thing about the CL, though we like that lounge also, was how hot it would get with the sun coming in that full bank of windows...even with some blinds they put in.

Actually every time we have been on EN...the DL was never crowded at all, except early on first night perhaps. It's a pretty lounge that never seems to be used that much...but we like it that way. Always easy to find a seat. :)

BTW: Do you have any idea what refurb they are doing to the CL? One bad thing about the CL, though we like that lounge also, was how hot it would get with the sun coming in that full bank of windows...even with some blinds they put in.

Agree about the CL windows. Hope they are part of the renovation.

We just got off this morning and at least for our sailing the concierge lounge was under refurb so D, D+, P, and suite guests were all in the Diamond Lounge. Never seemed overly crowded though.

Lets hope it's not a change from a CL to a SL.

Lets hope it's not a change from a CL to a SL.

I doubt it, since RCI does not seem to be willing to change out the smaller ships from CL to SL...so far anyway. :oPlus the smaller ships have very limited full suites on board.

I doubt it, since RCI does not seem to be willing to change out the smaller ships from CL to SL...so far anyway. :oPlus the smaller ships have very limited full suites on board.

I didn't take that into consideration.

I didn't take that into consideration.

Yeah, I didn't really pay attention to that ratio until the last few years. We love the Vision class and Radiance class and always book a JS cabin. When I took a closer look at the Vision class ....I was actually amazed at how many JS cabins were on board compared to how many limited GS, OS, and of course one single RS where on that floor. No wonder we don't get picked for upgrades. :confused::o;)

Now you look at how many new suites they have invented (and added) to the larger ships. OMG!! :eek: