Millennium Aqua Spa Cafe warning

buffcurmudgeon

We just left the Celebrity Millennium yesterday after a wonderful Alaskan cruise. We wanted to warn everyone that my wife bit on a glass shard in the Muesli in the Aqua Cafe on the third day of last week and reported it to the staff. (see Photo) To date we have not heard anything back from them. We don't know if it was an accident or what. My advice is to stay away from this eating venue until Celebrity investigates.

478479498_Millenium(315x420)(240x320)(210x280).jpg.daae7f65c8eca2799d831dab91e7e721.jpg

"We don't know if it was an accident or what."

Glass shards not being a usual component of food, it must have been an accident. I'm not sure how knowing the source of the glass would make much of a difference to anyone. And now that you are off the ship, I would think it would be nearly impossible for anyone to track down the source.

I'm more interested in how the staff handled it on the ship. Who did you tell? The waiter? The server behind the counter? The Maitre D? Guest Relations?Did you fill out a written complaint? What was the response?

And now, days later, what do you hope to happen from here forward?

Great! The food, dining room staff and weather were wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I only want the Millennium to be sure that the problem is corrected and the passengers are safe, nothing else. If the washing machine is malfunctioning, that would be a good thing to fix. If the food handlers need more training on food handling, so be it. I'm getting the feeling from these flames that no good deed goes unpunished.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
I only want the Millennium to be sure that the problem is corrected and the passengers are safe, nothing else. If the washing machine is malfunctioning, that would be a good thing to fix. If the food handlers need more training on food handling, so be it. I'm getting the feeling from these flames that no good deed goes unpunished.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for the heads up. Hope your wife is OK I find it shocking how rude so many people on this forum are It’s clearly quite easy for some to sit back and criticize

Instead of avoiding the Spa Cafe, which I thoroughly enjoyed two (2) weeks ago, inspect the food closely might be a better approach...

I'm not going to be enjoying the food if I feel have to "inspect it closely" as I don't trust it...

I believe the OP was trying to be helpful by warning people of this. I am very glad no one was injured.

That said, how is anyone supposed to know when/if they ever investigated it and the outcome? Unless there are suddenly multiple reports of this I personally see no reason to avoid that area. This stuff happens now and then virtually everywhere. I am not sure how the cruise line would even respond, although it certainly was appropriate to report the problem ASAP.