What's the most useful thing you pack?

I take my Nook reader as I can use it to read by the pool. It's much better than my Kindle Fire which is difficult to see outdoors.

I bought the Kindle paperwhite and it is great in the sun! I use my Fire for the internet and paperwhite for reading.

I bought the Kindle paperwhite and it is great in the sun! I use my Fire for the internet and paperwhite for reading.

I got my Fire as a free gift. I wish it was made for use in the sun. [emoji53]I really like it, but I'm still learning how to use it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There was a time when I would have asked why both Nook AND Kindle. But there's a book that I want and it seems like it's only available to Kindle on Amazon. Dead End Girl by L. T. Vargus. It's only $4.99! :( Maybe it will be on Nook soon.

Why not save all that trouble and have room service deliver a carafe of coffee. We order a large one along with Rolls, fruit & juice delivered at 6am each morning. We are very early risers ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because room service or not, the coffee is crap, imo, unless you pay for something better. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

There was a time when I would have asked why both Nook AND Kindle. But there's a book that I want and it seems like it's only available to Kindle on Amazon. Dead End Girl by L. T. Vargus. It's only $4.99! :( Maybe it will be on Nook soon.

There's this wonderful institution called a library. All the books are free and they can be read inside or out in the sun.

Most useful things I always bring when cruising:

1- My husband and child - a cruise without them will be nothing

2- My bose wireless speaker, to play my classic music or Jazz zipping champagne

3- Pop Up hamper to keep the cabin organized, a must!

There's this wonderful institution called a library. All the books are free and they can be read inside or out in the sun.

No! Really?? It's just easier traveling with a Nook or Kindle. Who wants to haul a bunch of books/magazines with them on vacation? Thanks for your input though. [emoji849]

One thing I did not see mentioned to bring: Old clean underwear.

Why? This way you can wear them on the cruise and then just throw them away when done. This leaves more room in your suitcase and gets rid of your old underwear at the same time.

Totally done that!

On our last cruise, we did ATVs in Grand Turk. I wore an old pair of shorts that were falling apart/with holes, in case they got muddy/dusty, and tossed them after the ride.

No! Really?? It's just easier traveling with a Nook or Kindle. Who wants to haul a bunch of books/magazines with them on vacation? Thanks for your input though. [emoji849]

Thanks dverzic. I just let it go, but it's good to see this post. :D It's exactly why millions of both Nook & Kindle have been sold.

:loudcry::loudcry:

I pack my DH. He brings his usual helpful self so he goes and gets coffee. He carries all his money so he can give it to me. Otherwise if I leave him at home cos he gets this pissy attitude if I don't. :D

I always take my big tupperware cup because I drink water in the middle of the night. The grandchildren are also packed but they are not all that useful.

I also travel with a tablet full of books, but sometimes there is a book I want to read that isn't available in my format. Then I get it from the library in hardcover and read it at home. Just advocating flexibility. Actually, most of the books I read on my tablet are downloaded for free from my library. Not everyone is aware of this option

Totally done that!

On our last cruise, we did ATVs in Grand Turk. I wore an old pair of shorts that were falling apart/with holes, in case they got muddy/dusty, and tossed them after the ride.

I hope you made it back to your cabin first. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Alka Seltzer Cold Medicine (or something similar), Bandaids, TUMS, Advil/Tylenol or Aspirin. We have used these items almost without exception on every cruise. They are very expensive if you have to buy on board.

1. Lots of $2 bills - They take up less space and you would not believe how thrilled people are to get a $2 bill.

2. Spare Duffle bag - We pack a spare duffle bag and use it to store all our dirty laundry for the trip home. We check it on the plane and deal with it when we get home.

3. Hand held fan - If you are going to a hot tropical place you will thank me for this bit of advice ---- BRING ONE

Interesting about the $2 bills. I've traveled a lot, and I tip with them frequently. Many, many times I have been approached by other servers, bartenders, porters asking if I have any additional $2 bills that they could either buy or exchange money for them. I don't think I've ever seen anybody that I've tipped be upset, most are super thrilled and want to send it home to their kids or whatever.

On our last cruise I had an officer approach me and ask if he could buy one of the bills from me (seriously)....I had to laugh and pulled one out of my purse and gave it to him. He was so thrilled.....enough so that I still remember it...lol

I'm serious as can be on this, everyone that I have given a $2 bill to has been ecstatic to the point of overly thanking me. I guess to each his own on this one, but you may try a couple and see if the reaction is the same as what we receive.

I guess if I was tipping someone $20 in $2 bills, then it wouldn't have the same effect, but a random $2 bill for someone who pours me a nice drink at the bar goes a long way.....trust me ;p

Edited by cruzin4us
duplicate

1. Lots of $2 bills - They take up less space and you would not believe how thrilled people are to get a $2 bill.

2. Spare Duffle bag - We pack a spare duffle bag and use it to store all our dirty laundry for the trip home. We check it on the plane and deal with it when we get home.

3. Hand held fan - If you are going to a hot tropical place you will thank me for this bit of advice ---- BRING ONE

Are you the one who gave me the $2 bill on ncl?

Sent from my brain

My DW would like this. And if it means I would hear "It's so hot!" a few less times, even better.

Wait... does she know my username? [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Interesting about the $2 bills. I've traveled a lot, and I tip with them frequently. Many, many times I have been approached by other servers, bartenders, porters asking if I have any additional $2 bills that they could either buy or exchange money for them. I don't think I've ever seen anybody that I've tipped be upset, most are super thrilled and want to send it home to their kids or whatever.

On our last cruise I had an officer approach me and ask if he could buy one of the bills from me (seriously)....I had to laugh and pulled one out of my purse and gave it to him. He was so thrilled.....enough so that I still remember it...lol

I'm serious as can be on this, everyone that I have given a $2 bill to has been ecstatic to the point of overly thanking me. I guess to each his own on this one, but you may try a couple and see if the reaction is the same as what we receive.

I guess if I was tipping someone $20 in $2 bills, then it wouldn't have the same effect, but a random $2 bill for someone who pours me a nice drink at the bar goes a long way.....trust me ;p

Did you really expect them to be anything but gracious? People in this country have had the police called on them for trying to pay their bill with them and the receiver thinking it was fake money. Banks overseas don't take weird or uncommon money. A guide in Australia asked me if it was real money. Someone had tipped him with it and when he took it to the bank they wouldn't give him local money so he threw it in a drawer to rot. You are giving people the money to reward them. Why make them take an extra step to get the money (or in some cases never get the money)? You want your pay check without hassles. So do the people around the world. No one wants cute. It doesn't pay the bills. Maybe someone did offer to buy one off you. Do you think they were going to deposit that money in the bank? You yourself said that they were going to use it as a novel item not cash. Why? Because in all that officer's travel around the world he had never seen one. Enough said.