What's the most useful thing you pack?

I always take my little battery powered travel alarm clock. It really helps to get up early to catch the sunrise or an early excursion. I also pack a motion detector night light. It saves me from bumping into things if I need to get up at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've pared down our packing list considerably over the years, but still won't cruise without a small roll of Duct Tape. Someone asked 'why?'....as others have stated, we've used it to repair a suitcase zipper on one and tape over a gash in the side of another. More frequently, we've used it in high sea conditions - tape loose hangers together in the closet so they don't bang together, and to tape drawers and doors shut when they bang back & forth due to the ship's rocking & rolling. We even used it once or twice to seal shut those free "all the laundry you can fit in a bag" offers - managed to get an unbelievable amount into those bags! It also came in handy when the hem ripped loose on a pants leg.

Try gaffer's tape instead - no residue when removed. Better still, don't bring it (or duct tape) and just ask your steward to get some from the entertainment folks if you ever need it.

As for my take on most important thing to take: iPhone 7 plus with iOS and all apps updated: top quality camera, wifi calling, alarm clock, flashlight, music, currency et al. converter, etc etc

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

I just bought a mesh shower organizer to take on my next cruise. It has six pockets and a hook like a clothes hangar. I am hoping that it will hook over the showerhead and hold my shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, soap, etc. I take several medications/supplements, so I get some of the little tiny pill ziplock bags (in the pharmacy area at the store) and label them (ex, "before breakfast," "dinner," etc,) so I can just slip a day's worth of packets into my pocket or whatever bag I am carrying that day. It really helps keep me organized. I also take most of the things that you guys mentioned. Happy cruising, everyone!

I'm feeling left out on this toiletry organizer thing. I must use fewer toiletry items than most [emoji3]

Not so. Most savvy travelers wouldn't cart around all of the unnecessary paraphernalia often cited on CC as essential.

What are the zip locks for?

I use the zip lock for shore excursions, especially in hot climates. I put a few ice cubes in and a wet wash cloth. It comes in handy for a quick wipe to cool off.. Really needed it on our Panama Canal cruise on an excursion in Cartagena. It was so very hot and humid which really affected my hubby. Got him into the shade and wiped down his face and put the cloth on the back of his neck and he felt much better.

I saw several comments that refer to magnets. Although I always bring them, I had a surprise on a recent Carnival Victory trip.. The walls are NOT metal. I usually put the dog's picture on the door with a magnet as it makes it easy to find the right room. Could not do that on this ship as the doors are covered with a wooden design. Very cute but not magnetic. This may be true on other ships too,

Both the Wife and I hate the soap dispensers in the shower so we take Soap On A Rope and a suction cup with a hook to hang the rope from on the shower wall. I just drill a hole through a bar of her favorite soap, run the rope through the hole and we are good to go.

Bob