pearl harbor war memorial tickets

tuck9899

Pearl Harbor Memorial is a National Park-If you go to their website you can buy advanced purchase tickets. Lines can still be long. As an added thought there is a direct bus line from the Tower that often gets you there before the tours. Another thought-Nothing larger than a camera allowed on tour and storage can be a problem.

We bought tickets online for a small fee. The tickets gave us a guaranteed time slot. It was well worth the minimal effort and expense. This was for the Arizona.

You can go HERE for info and tickets

Edited by Thrak

Pearl Harbor Memorial is a National Park-If you go to their website you can buy advanced purchase tickets. Lines can still be long. As an added thought there is a direct bus line from the Tower that often gets you there before the tours. Another thought-Nothing larger than a camera allowed on tour and storage can be a problem.

The tickets cost $1.00pp. They're free, if you just walk up and stand in line.

Either way, be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get there and back.

When we did it, our appt was for 10 or 11 (can't remember which). We caught the bus ($1.00pp for seniors, $2.50 for everyone else). Did the memorial and took the bus back. The bus takes approx 45 minutes to 1 hour. Our total cost for both of us was $6.00. Way cheaper than an excursion.:D

[Just as a quick in and out comment] I was stationed on Oahu for three years in the early 80s and visited the Arizona Memoral ("AM") often - esp. when my wife and I had visitors from the Mainland. I've also been back several times in the last 10 years. My recollection is that the government entity* doling out the tickets does so for free (there is no charge), and that if you arrive, say, before 8am, your wait to get a numbered ticket is very minimal. Perhaps you can now obtain advanced government tickets online for a processing fee. Also, it used to be (maybe still is), that the official (used to be run by the Navy) launch was the only conveyance to actually land you on the AM itself, commercial tours did not or were not authorized. You might want to double-check if you are considering the latter.

If that info needs to be updated for the OP, somebody w/current hands-on info should not hesitate to do so.

BTW, don't forget there are the very worthy and fascinating USS Missouri battleship/museum to visit inbound on Ford Island, as well as the Pacific Aviation Museum - available via a commercial combo ticket. Well worth the relatively small stipend.

*I say "government entity," because it used to be run exclusively by the US Navy; now it might be the US Park Service.

Online tickets are available 6 months out. Was online at midnight Hi time and they were already gone.

We went anyways, thinking at worst we'd see the static displays and just not go over to the Memorial. We were able to get day of tickets with no problem.

You have to check your stuff at the little building to the right or leave it in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You take the excursion, the bus gives you a mini tour around here and there,

wait about 10 minutes at the Arizona Memorial visitors center, board the Navy launch and visit the Memorial. Pricey, but no hassle at all, time to do other stuff after the tour.

if you do get there and there are no tour tickets for your group, consider splitting up (especially if it's just two or three of you togehter). the last time i went (i've been three times, twice on my own on business trips), the group ahead of me had to wait for an hour (but they did get tickets, just for the boat an hour later), but since i was on my own, i was able to go on the next boat (they were going into the movie as i walked over.) another colleague of mine also did this with no wait, whereas a larger group (6 pax) that went over had to go, get tickets, and then go back 3 hours later. as the boats aren't timed that far apart, if you are willing to split up, and otherwise the wait is very long, i'd suggest it.

someone else also recommended going over to ford island, and i join them in highly recommending visiting the missouri and to the uss oklahoma memorial that stands next to her. (i haven't been to the pacific aviation museum.) you can take a shuttle from the pearl harbor visitor center to the missouri and pay for the missouri admission either on ford island or at the visitor center.

[Just as a quick in and out comment] I was stationed on Oahu for three years in the early 80s and visited the Arizona Memoral ("AM") often - esp. when my wife and I had visitors from the Mainland. I've also been back several times in the last 10 years. My recollection is that the government entity* doling out the tickets does so for free (there is no charge), and that if you arrive, say, before 8am, your wait to get a numbered ticket is very minimal. Perhaps you can now obtain advanced government tickets online for a processing fee. Also, it used to be (maybe still is), that the official (used to be run by the Navy) launch was the only conveyance to actually land you on the AM itself, commercial tours did not or were not authorized. You might want to double-check if you are considering the latter.

If that info needs to be updated for the OP, somebody w/current hands-on info should not hesitate to do so.

BTW, don't forget there are the very worthy and fascinating USS Missouri battleship/museum to visit inbound on Ford Island, as well as the Pacific Aviation Museum - available via a commercial combo ticket. Well worth the relatively small stipend.

*I say "government entity," because it used to be run exclusively by the US Navy; now it might be the US Park Service.

the park service runs the memorials and doles out the tickets, but the launch from the visitor center to the Arizona is operated by US Navy sailors.

one other note...the last time i was there, the waters were a little choppy, and they are very quick to stop the launches in rough weather. i know there were at least three or four days on one of my trips when there were no launches (but there was a hurricane bearing down on the islands, so it was kinda windy ;) ) so, depending on when you go, they may not be operating the launches at all.

When we went, we reserved tickets online in advance and had no problems.

If you do not reserve them in advance, it still may not be a problem. Go early and get your tickets to the USS Arizona Memorial. If your have a short wait until your ticketed time, go over to the submarine museum next door. If you get afternoon tickets, then go to the USS Missouri and/or the Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island, and then return in time for your ticketed times. If only afternoon tickets are available, you may be better off taking later tickets to give you more time at the Ford Island sites instead of the earliest available tickets.

You will probably get tickets. But even if you don't, there is a lot to see at the neighboring sites. Take a look at the description of all of these sites online in advance.

The processing fee is $1.50 per ticket.

Online tickets are not available until two months out. They become available at 7 AM Hawaii time (keep in mind that Hawaii does not observe Daylight Saving Time). If you miss that opportunity, online tickets are available again one day out at 7 AM Hawaii time. Tickets need to be picked up at the Visitor Center one hour before the designated time.

The risk of launches getting cancelled due to choppy waters is greater in the afternoon, so it's better if you can book a morning time.

The link that Thrak provided contains everything you need to know.

For the ladies --

It was mentioned on these boards that you can get in with a transparent bag.

I put our passports, wallet and mobile in a small transparent bag and I was waived right through.:)

Those r items that I try never to check in....

The check in fee was 3$.

I booked the Roberts Pearl Harbour Shuttle, just the shuttle, not a tour. They picked us up at 6.20 am and when we got to Pearl Harbour just before we got off the bus they offered us Arizona tickets to the 8.15am time slot. My pre booked tickets were at 10.00am. The day we went was windy even at 8.15am and they closed it down about 1.00 or 2.00pm.

Hello.

I am sailing on the PoA in October and have been researching how to see the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial. The World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument includes the U.S.S. Arizona and U.S.S. Missouri as part of the National Park Service. Tickets can be booked online 60 days out (not 6 months). There is a $1.50 booking fee per ticket. The ticket includes an introductory movie and the launch trip to the U.S.S. Arizona (the launch is run by the Navy). There is quite a lot of information about World War II in the Pacific in the museum. Al the research that I have done says that it is easy to see the U.S.S. Arizona and museum on your own. Just a reminder the launches may be cancelled by the Navy at any time due to high winds. That is often the case later in the day when the winds change.

After our cruise we will be staying at Disney's Aulani Resort in Ko-olina so we plan to see Pearl Harbor then.