Harmony Boardwalk Balcony Cabins - Good, Bad?

I love the boardwalk balcony cabins on the Oasis class ships. I've been on both the Allure and the Harmony and had great experiences both times. The Harmony balcony rooms tend to be noisier than the Allure ones though and I'm not sure why. On the Allure, when the door was shut it was very quiet and we heard basically nothing from the Boardwalk. On the Harmony, we still heard everything with the door shut. We were up late every night anyway so the noise never affected our sleep or bothered us in any way.

The rooms are the perfect location and I loved being able to see all the action below. There was so much activity going on and I loved sitting out there any time of the day or night just taking it all in. I watched my kids get off the Abyss slide, I could watch the zipliners and all the people roaming around the boardwalk. We even had a nice view of the water show.

I also loved having breakfast out there in the mornings because it wasn't windy so nothing was blowing away like a outside balcony room. It was very pleasant and enjoyable.

We were on deck 11 for the Allure and Deck 9 on the Harmony in the middle of the boardwalk (where they have connecting rooms).

We had the last four aft Boardwalk cabins on the starboard on Harmony. The Abyss slide did block the view. Even with the sliding door closed you could still hear some noise especially when there was a movie playing late into the night. I would hesitate to book these cabins again unless I got the amazing deal I did...even then ???

We had 10327 on Harmony. We were prepared for noise but were rather surprised by the NOISE. We travel with our daughters white noise machine. We had that thing cranked to it's highest setting (which we've never had it at before) and we could barely hear the white noise at all with the balcony noise (not always just at times depending what was going on)!

This was especially the case when they practiced or had the aqua-theatre show. Seriously LOUD.

Our daughter (5yrs) managed to nap and sleep through a lot of the noise but there were times that the show woke her and there was no point in attempting to sleep till it was over. So we'd go down and ride the carousel or watch the show (again).

We had them come and replace the door seal (we could stick our finger between the gap in the seal. It did NOTHING to quiet the Boardwalk noise. It did stop the loud squeal from the constant wind!

We have no need to get another Boardwalk room. It was neat to see the show from our balcony (not a great view but better than nothing) but that's about it. I'd take an interior over the noise of the Boardwalk room. It was neat to try, but not neat enough to do again.

Love boardwalk balcony. Noise? Well if you are trying to sleep at 8pm then yeah its slightly noisy but if you go to bed 11pm then your fine. I love people watching. Plus theres no wind,you can see aqua show and still see the ocean. I have had oceanview several times and now prefer boardwalk. To each their own.

Everyones opinion of noise and how loud it is,is completely subjective. If you are someone whos easily bothered or traveling with small children who are napping then I suppose it will bother you. We spend so little time in our room anyways

Love boardwalk balcony. Noise? Well if you are trying to sleep at 8pm then yeah its slightly noisy but if you go to bed 11pm then your fine. I love people watching. Plus theres no wind,you can see aqua show and still see the ocean. I have had oceanview several times and now prefer boardwalk. To each their own.

Everyones opinion of noise and how loud it is,is completely subjective. If you are someone whos easily bothered or traveling with small children who are napping then I suppose it will bother you. We spend so little time in our room anyways

We were on deck #9 Harmony (last four aft) traveling with a toddler and the noise I was referring to was the loud action movies played in the Aqua Theater that went well past 11:00pm....:eek:

Been on all oasis class ships. We tend to put our teens in the board walk balconies and we always get ocean view balconies. I personally hate all the Boardwalk rooms. It’s like living in an apartment with zero privacy. You have to shut your blinds to get dressed. Why be on the ocean and not have a view of it. My kids hate it as well. Spoiled now they too get ocean balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the boardwalk balcony cabins on the Oasis class ships. I've been on both the Allure and the Harmony and had great experiences both times. The Harmony balcony rooms tend to be noisier than the Allure ones though and I'm not sure why. On the Allure, when the door was shut it was very quiet and we heard basically nothing from the Boardwalk. On the Harmony, we still heard everything with the door shut. We were up late every night anyway so the noise never affected our sleep or bothered us in any way.

The rooms are the perfect location and I loved being able to see all the action below. There was so much activity going on and I loved sitting out there any time of the day or night just taking it all in. I watched my kids get off the Abyss slide, I could watch the zipliners and all the people roaming around the boardwalk. We even had a nice view of the water show.

I also loved having breakfast out there in the mornings because it wasn't windy so nothing was blowing away like a outside balcony room. It was very pleasant and enjoyable.

We were on deck 11 for the Allure and Deck 9 on the Harmony in the middle of the boardwalk (where they have connecting rooms).

Harmony is a cheaper build.... every material used on Harmony is the cheapest they could find! :rolleyes:

Tried on the Allure... never again.

Big minus for me is privacy. People opposite can see right into your cabin and vice versa. This means changing with the curtains closed. Also, I like to chill out on the balcony in peace and quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the HOTS last week travelling with two kids 5-9, we had a boardwalk balcony (12303). Other than the fact there is ZERO privacy we experienced NO unwelcome noise. Usually around 10-11:00 pm shows have come to an end, and the carousel closes at 10:00 each night. Would we book it again? yes!:cool:

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
We were on deck #9 Harmony (last four aft) traveling with a toddler and the noise I was referring to was the loud action movies played in the Aqua Theater that went well past 11:00pm....:eek:

Yup so you have a toddler. Its subjective and a personal preferance as to what is and how loud noise is. Having a toddler I wouldnt book a boardwalk balcony. Me having a 11 and 15 yr old it doesnt matter. Ive not seen any movies played past 11pm myself.

Looking for some thoughts on the Boardwalk Balcony cabins on the Harmony of the Seas, plus, minuses? I see deck 14 is directly under the sports court and mini golf, what kind of noise is there? Thanks.

If you do it I would recommend deck 10 or 11.

We just booked connecting Boardwalk balcony rooms on Symphony, deck 8. We are usually at the late night movies and shows, have older kids (14 & 9 for this sailing), so not too worried about the noise. I am looking forward to having lots of activity and things to look at outside the balcony. Might be a one and done, but excited to give it a try!

Question I have - does anyone know if the balcony dividers open up/slide back on the connecting rooms on the boardwalk? My TA didn't know as she mentioned they are curved on the new ship and might not open up.

Thanks!!!!!

We just booked connecting Boardwalk balcony rooms on Symphony, deck 8. We are usually at the late night movies and shows, have older kids (14 & 9 for this sailing), so not too worried about the noise. I am looking forward to having lots of activity and things to look at outside the balcony. Might be a one and done, but excited to give it a try!

Question I have - does anyone know if the balcony dividers open up/slide back on the connecting rooms on the boardwalk? My TA didn't know as she mentioned they are curved on the new ship and might not open up.

Thanks!!!!!

I personally have not stayed in one yet. I will be next year. But some of the people we are going with have stayed in them before and said that they do open up. I think there are a few that will not because they are part of a firewall. We have about 7 or so in a row on the 11th floor and plan on opening the dividers.

Thanks!!!!!

We had four aft Boardwalk Balcony cabins (#9729, 27,25 & 23) only #25 & 23 had a connecting interior door..however all our balcony dividers slid open...this gave us a very long balcony...They all slide partially open regardless if the cabins are connecting or not.

Thanks!!!!!

The front of the balcony is curved, the sides are straight and yes they do open.