Brilliance of the Seas

Hello all!

I haven’t sailed RCCL in several years and am currently eyeing a 5 night cruise on the Brillance of the Seas.

Has anyone sailed on the BOS lately? Concerned about the amount of negative reviews she’s gotten particularly around food offerings. Not something I’d expect to hear about Royal. Any insight would be great!

Hello all!

I haven’t sailed RCCL in several years and am currently eyeing a 5 night cruise on the Brillance of the Seas.

Has anyone sailed on the BOS lately? Concerned about the amount of negative reviews she’s gotten particularly around food offerings. Not something I’d expect to hear about Royal. Any insight would be great!

Food is subjective. But I always find good food to eat on Brilliance. Love the newer ships for my Grand kids, but even my Daughter loves Brilliance(Radiance Class). We been on them dozens of times including the 5 nites...

Hello all!

Just got off in Europe (3 days ago... uk) and preparing a review. I wish to note that the products (ie. vegetables, meats, produce, etc) are sourced locally so on the 5 nighters in Tampa the actual food being prepared will be of different quality/farms/butchers/suppliers/etc. than from Europe ports.

I did not eat at the MDR... I heard from most of my friends I made from the roll call and excursions that MDR was disappointing. WJ dinner was excellent a couple of days (better than average MDR) and worse others. Giovanni's was great (excellent Risotto and the Osso Bucco fell off the bone) and Chops steak was perfect (dined at Chops 3 times, consistently excellent all three nights). On the most positive note Chef's Table on this sailing was my very best RCL dinner EVER... they could've served this on my Oceania sailing or at a very high end restaurant on land... I was completely surprised... the wine parings were high end as well. Best quality by far ever (pics to come in the review). Kudos to Chef Brown. Chef Brown was also running the kitchen in Chops (perhaps made the difference?)

The problem is with anyone, including me here in this post, letting you know what food is like may change when you take your cruise. All the Chef's may change, staff change, where food is sourced changed, RCL could make menu changes.... tons of things.As Bob commonly says "RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent"

Came back from my UK cruise yesterday, the food is fine, but you get tired of it after 12 days. I mean there is only so much you can do with eggs and salad. We ate in the MDR twice and I thought it was fine. The WJ was hit and miss but like others have said, the turn over in the kitchens is pretty high with people coming and going depending on their contract status.

Brilliance is our favorite ship! We have cruised the Mediterranean and British Islaes as well as 5 day cruises from Tampa. In fact we have another cruise coming up on it this February, as well as a Hawaii on the Radiance and Greek Isles on the Jewel next year. Great class of ships!

Thank you all for the insight! I have sailed on the Radiance class ships and certainly love them. Just the reviews about food quality concerned me a bit. I saw multiple reviews at https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=261

We definitely will sail RCCL in the near future. Just haven't decided on which cruise yet exactly. :)

Hello all!

I have seen a bunch of those negative reviews as well. I have been looking since I am booked on Brilliance in October. I'm not too worried, as I have seen the same thing on cruises that I have really enjoyed.

I loved the Serenade & Jewel, so I am expecting that I will enjoy Brilliance as well.

Just got off Brilliance last Tuesday after 12 nights. Ate in MDR 10 nites and the food was fine, better than on previous cruises. They have condensed the menu, so some of the choices are repetitive. No cold soups, but a word to the head waiter and cold soups were served every night. All crew and staff seemed eager to please and we had fabulous service everywhere. Chops and Giovanni's were as usual, pretty good.

We've sailed BR and all the Radiance class numerous times, and they are, by far, our favorite ships.