Disembarkation time in Miami?

blambition

So here's the deal, almost every time I've disembarked in Miami or FLL I've had plenty of time to make early flights, but I haven't been booked on them. I usually watch two or three flights depart for my connection before my flight.

I agree

You could always ask to pay the fee to get on the earlier flight

I have seen people do that

I agree

You could always ask to pay the fee to get on the earlier flight

I have seen people do that

I've actually been able to get on earlier flights for no charge, but flights are getting tighter and tighter these days, generally flying full with people left on standby.

My biggest issue with that is my luggage. If I'm flying with carry ons only it's fine, but generally we don't, so I'd have to wait around the airport for the luggage to show up. And we live about 1 1/2 hours away from our home airport, and it's generally already late when we get there, so we don't want to hang around any longer.

Of course if we change at the check in desk it's a different situation altogether. But you never know how long you're going to be in a security line. We were in one at LAX almost 3 hours.

OK, what about using AA at MIA-12:15PM or 2:00PM departing? Would 12:15PM be a good choice or not.

Rick

Under "normal" circumstances the earlier flight should be OK but the later flight is safer.

No way of predicting what might happen - later arrival of the ship, delay by immigration/customs, etc.

How much do you want to worry about these things?

• 1 year later...
I have the same question except my flight is at 12:30 out of FLL. Getting into port at 8am feb 2019. How are the private shuttles? What about Uber. We always take our luggage off ourselves also.

Unfortunately nobody can definitively answer this question. There are too many variables that can delay your arrival in port, your disembarkation and traffic. MIA is fairly close, only about 20 minutes without traffic. but, FLL can be close to an hour with good traffic. There can be checkin and security delays, etc., etc. Do you want to be stressed on your last day?? Only you can decide if you want to chance it or not.

Personally, I wouldn't book anything before 1, 1:30. You may be just fine and have lots of time but, Murphy can foul you up. Good luck

I have the same question except my flight is at 12:30 out of FLL. Getting into port at 8am feb 2019. How are the private shuttles? What about Uber. We always take our luggage off ourselves also.

You would probably be ok

I know some people use SAS to FLL

Just get off as early as you can

For those that have taken a cruise that disembarks in Miami, would you say it is safe to book a return flight out of Fort Lauderdale that leaves at 11 AM? I am planning on using Uber to get from the port to the airport. Thinking I will be off the ship between 8 AM and 9 AM, and should be to the airport by 9:30 AM as it is a Wednesday. Please let me know if I should not book the flight that early. My next choice is going to be having to hang around all day and take a flight around 6 PM. If I do that I will probably go to a hotel for the day and then over to the airport much la

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The answer to your query is no. I live on Miami Beach, South Beach to be exact. Port of Miami does not make departure too easy. We cruise fairly often, returning to Miami. More than once, no one made it off by 9:00. Traffic in Miami can be ghastly. This is a very popular city, and there is construction everywhere. You might be lucky and make your flight. But then, you might not.

Mary

Edited by warburg
added text

we have gotten off at 9am by choice many were off before us

It may depend on the day & what is going on

Terminal J seems to be less chaotic than other terminals at POM

JMO