Sabatini's Italian Speciality Restaurant

mcrcruiser

I will answer your second question by saying yes! It is different, it's not the buffet and it is not the (my opinion) tired main dining room menu. The service is more personal, food better and it is a quiet setting. I think the surcharge is 29.00 (forgot what I paid) and people pay more than that to get a pizza at home. My two cents!

What is the cover charge per pax & do you think it is worth the money ?

When is Sabatini's open for the pizza at no charge ?

TIA

The cover charge is either $25/pp or $29/pp. It depends on if your ship has the new menu ($25) or the older menu ($29). Personally I prefer the older menu.

Sabatini's is only open for pizza at lunch time on certain ships, believe the Coral is one of them.

OP is posting to a roll call for Star Princess so lets assume that is the ship they are asking about.

On Star Sabatini's has the new "Sabatini's Trattoria" menu. Cover charge is $25. Should be a link in your Cruise Personalizer to the menu (with the price) but here it is anyway:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/sabatinis-trattoria/sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf

Having recently tried both the old menu (on Island Princess) and new Trattoria (on Golden Princess) the new one wins hands down in my book. No Steak or Lobster entrees anymore but far more variety in the four courses.

Alfredo's-at-Sabatini's pizza lunch is only on Coral and Island Princess (there had been a single report from Caribbean Princess prior to its current mess of dining changes, don't know how reliable it is now). I was very very disappointed with it on Island--pizza was undercooked and barely warmer than room temperature. You won't miss anything, the pizza from the Lido deck is better.

We got a free dinner at Sabitini’s last cruise from our TA. It was fine but I’m in no hurry to go back. The menu was a little too high brow for our tastes. It was good so if you like fancy chow, go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We ate there on the Star and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. If the options on the menu don't suit, they also offer a 'make your own' pasta option that includes common favourites such as fettuccine carbonara. We took our server's advice and skipped the salad/soup course and were still groaningly full at the end. Loved the seafood options and the lamb skewer appetizer was really good.

Thanks every one for your opinions .:)

Years ago Sabatini's was free on Princess ships .Can't remember how long ago ;but ,it must have been quite awhile ago

We started cruising Princess in 2004 and there was a $15 charge then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm a little afraid of the new menu. I don't have a clue what to order! We have a complimentary specialty dinner on our next cruise, so were planning to try it.

For people who have eaten from the new menu, is the food good or is it weird?

I'm a little afraid of the new menu. I don't have a clue what to order! We have a complimentary specialty dinner on our next cruise' date=' so were planning to try it.

For people who have eaten from the new menu, is the food good or is it weird?[/quote']

I've tried the new menu twice. The consensus in our family is that the new menu is a welcome change. I didn't care for the veal, but all of the other entrees were delicious. The dessert sampler is fantastic! Ask the waiter if your not sure about something and they will explain it to you. It is hard to picture the food from the descriptions.

The cover charge is either $25/pp or $29/pp. It depends on if your ship has the new menu ($25) or the older menu ($29). Personally I prefer the older menu.

Sabatini's is only open for pizza at lunch time on certain ships, believe the Coral is one of them.

Per above, Sabatini's is only open for lunch pizza on some ships.

Sabatini's for dinner is NORTHERN Italian food which is more sort of French than the normal Italian food we get at most Italian restaurants in the US. Certainly worth going for dinner! (y)

I've tried the new menu twice. The consensus in our family is that the new menu is a welcome change. I didn't care for the veal, but all of the other entrees were delicious. The dessert sampler is fantastic! Ask the waiter if your not sure about something and they will explain it to you. It is hard to picture the food from the descriptions.

thanks