Motel in San Francisco

blbailey

There are lots of hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf area close to the Embarcadero. A hotel search on any travel site will give you pricing and locations for lots of hotels. From any of these hotels a taxi ride to the pier is maybe in the $25 range. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express.

Check out the Hyatt Regency. It is right at the foot of Market street on the Embarcadero and a short cab ride to Pier 27. Prices are not terrible (for San Francisco) One side of the hotel have balconies that look out to the bay and the Bay Bridge. Near good restaurants. If you are new to the city try the Carnelian room. 52nd floor of the bank of America building. A little pricey but has the best view in the city. Have fun. Good travels

Check out the Hyatt Regency. It is right at the foot of Market street on the Embarcadero and a short cab ride to Pier 27. Prices are not terrible (for San Francisco) One side of the hotel have balconies that look out to the bay and the Bay Bridge. Near good restaurants. If you are new to the city try the Carnelian room. 52nd floor of the bank of America building. A little pricey but has the best view in the city. Have fun. Good travels

I believe the Carnelian room closed a few years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe the Carnelian room closed a few years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did it really? Time flies. The trouble with being so close is that you go once and it takes forever to go back. Thanks for the information.

Help we are cruising out of San Francisco and would like to go there the night before. Where is a good place to stay...price...cost to get to the pier? Please help, thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another expense to be incurred, if flying in the day before, is the expense to get into the Fisherman's Wharf or downtown area from the airport. We stayed near the airport as our flight arrived fairly late, but I wouldn't recommend the place we stayed at--pretty much a budget place. Prices are very high for everything in the Bay area. Post-cruise we stayed at a high-rise Comfort Inn at SW corner of Van Ness and Lombard St. The HoHo bus stops nearby (we used it extensively), as do city buses. It's about a 10-15 walk to the western end of the Fisherman's Wharf area. It's about $200/nt for a nice room and free breakfast. They also have an airport shuttle, which we used to return home.

We stay in the Fisherman's Wharf area as there are a lot of name brand hotels and use a taxi to get to the ship. There are a lot of restaurants in the area and entertainment all within easy walking distance. By being in a tourist area we are away from the people who toil every day as it can get very crowded.