Serenade Feb 16, 2018 is showing as sold out

As of this morning, The Feb 16 2018 sailing is shown as "Sold Out" on the RCI website and yet there were still plenty of cabins available three days ago when I was checking price drops. There is nothing in my messages folder from RCI. Anyone hear anything about a charter or know of anything other than an unusual consumer demand that might cause the ship to be suddenly sold out?

• 11 months later...

Why is it so popular? I booked the cruise for my family several months ago, thinking it will be the off season (after the new year and before the spring breaks). Expecting flexibility, I didn't even put much thoughts into the cabin choices. How I was wrong!

Actually, NY schools have off the entire week for President's week. More likely reason.

So do schools in Massachusetts. Plus, even those of us without kids plan vacations around long weekends to maximize time off whilst minimizing vacation days used.

Why is it so popular? I booked the cruise for my family several months ago, thinking it will be the off season (after the new year and before the spring breaks). Expecting flexibility, I didn't even put much thoughts into the cabin choices. How I was wrong!

President's Day/week in February is a school vacation week for New England and New York. A more expensive week to cruise and the airfare is pretty high, too. Kind of like 3rd week of April - another school vacation week.

All of the usual Serenade 10/11 southern carib dates are popular. Many B2B pax on those also. It is one of the cruises you can take that goes to the ABC islands without having to fly to San Juan.

Your cruise is one of the only 5 night cruises, which makes it unique....and also popular. Plus could very likely have pax that just stay on ship as additional B2B going into the longer cruises.