Serenade of the Sea - Night light/Active electrical outlet active with light off?

We need a night light in the cabin head for our visits during the night. (Old guys will understand....)

On some ships, like the Celebrity Silhouette, I have been told the electrical outlet in the head remains "hot" with the light turned off. That's the outlet usually labelled "for electrical razors". Most other ships do not have that capability, so we keep a motion activated, battery powered night light in our "cruise stuff".

But I am curious if this similarity exists between the Celebrity Silhouette and RCI Serenade of the Seas.....some other ship's feature seem very similar. Anyone know?

Doug

I kept the light turned on at the bathroom during night time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tried that and (with the door closed) it leaks too much light into the cabin for us when combined with the light leakage around the cabin hallway door. We prefer a darker room for sleeping. The battery powered night light with motion sensor works the best for us.

Personal preferences.

This may sound crazy, but I find it works great. Pick up some Glow Sticks at the dollar store. They have the kind that kids Make into bracelets. We put one "bracelet" on the door handle of the bathroom and put one on the vanity in the bathroom. They stay bright thru the night and don't need an outlet.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

The Serenade cabins we have been in - the outlet in the head goes cold with the light switched off. We take a battery powered light.

Thanks. That's how most of theme work. I'll do my regular battery powered motion detector light. Those things are very handy.

I think they need the light only when visiting the bathroom...bring a battery operated "tea light"...that should give your enough light to do your business!

I always mean to get a couple of those little lights, but I never see them when I'm thinking of them......they would be lighter than my current battery powered motion detector night light, and weight is sometimes an issue....well, it's ALWAYS as issue when we fly!;)

....Glow Sticks.... They stay bright thru the night and don't need an outlet.

Do they last a week or more? Most of those glow sticks I though "burnt out" after about 12 hours. I can see they would be very handy. But maybe you bring enough to have one per night?