Diamond perk, BOGO speciality restaurant first night question.

bryanjaync

From what I have read Diamond (and higher) cruisers get a BOGO free offer (usually) for the first night at one of the speciality restaurants. We will be on the Rhapsody out of Tampa in April. The restaurants are Chops, the Italian place, and Izumi (Japanese). Since Izumi is a la carte pricing, can we use the BOGO there, and how would that work. Thanks.

How is this different than first night done right? We’re diamond plus and usually eat in the MDR but decided to try First night done right because we don’t sail until 6:30. Should I cancel and book BOGO?

On the first night it's no different to first night done right - in other words it's no longer a 'perk' as anyone on the ship can have the same thing. The only advantage would be if you wanted to eat in a speciality on the second night, as the D+ BOGO is for nights one and two

Drawback: I don't think you can book the BOGO until you get onboard. Not that there is EVER a rush on specialty dining first night, but there is a small chance the place you desire would be booked full.

Judy

You can book a meal in the restaurant of your choice before you board and they will apply the discount once onboard. Many people book and pay for one (which will inevitably be on a two top) and then present the voucher for the other person once onboard

From what I have read Diamond (and higher) cruisers get a BOGO free offer (usually) for the first night at one of the speciality restaurants. We will be on the Rhapsody out of Tampa in April. The restaurants are Chops, the Italian place, and Izumi (Japanese). Since Izumi is a la carte pricing, can we use the BOGO there, and how would that work. Thanks.

I agree that the BOGO may not work at Izumi. However, I'd check with the people at Izumi after you board, they may have a BOGO process in place on that ship.

I agree that the BOGO may not work at Izumi. However, I'd check with the people at Izumi after you board, they may have a BOGO process in place on that ship.

Just off Rhapsody last week...Izumi does not have a BOGO set up. But we did use Giovannis first night (not a great meal and very slow service, even though there were only a small amount of tables being used).

Izumi and Chops we used later in the week...both had great service and good food.

That interesting and first I have heard of that. Was not in place at Izumi on Rhapsody. Which ship was that?

Sorry it is a $30 food credit not $35. Used it both on Anthem and Harmony. The credit is good for any venue with a la carte pricing. Not available for Chefs Table or dinners with wine pairings. It is in the "Terms and Conditions" for the BOGO. I will be using it on Izumi in August.

Does work at Izumi. You are given a $35 credit, anything over that you will be charged.

Was certainly not available on Vision. Best offer I could get was 20% off on first night only like everyone else. No extra benefit for Diamond Plus and above.