Century Pricing Nearly Doubled

sandyss

I'm not sure what to read into this, but the cabin pricing for a cruise that we have booked for April 2015 has almost doubled in all categories - very suddenly.

I checked the Celebrity website and there is a big gap between the Century's March 3 and April 17 departures. I called Celebrity and was told that the intervening departures have all been chartered.

There is also the information previously posted about the Century being sold in 2015 to the French subsidiary of RCCL.

Does anyone have any additional information on this?

as of a few minutes ago, the last Century sailing on Celebrity's site is on March 8, 2015, a 14 nighter RT from Singapore. There are no sailings in April 2015. What sailing are you booked on?

Sounds like this is the end of the line for Century, at least sailing under Celebrity. Hope your sailing takes place.

Edited by richsea

as of a few minutes ago, the last Century sailing on Celebrity's site is on March 8, 2015, a 14 nighter RT from Singapore. There are no sailings in April 2015. What sailing are you booked on?

Sounds like this is the end of the line for Century, at least sailing under Celebrity. Hope your sailing takes place.

It sounds like it may be goodbye Century.:(

We are booked on the 17 April 2015 Round Japan cruise.

It's definitely beginning to look as if our cruise may be canceled. Very disappointing!

For your sake and many others I hope not. Surely they must make an announcement about this soon.:D

Can't prove it ;but when management decided to only bring Century in for a one week refit in Feb 2014 dry dock, in lieu of the original 6 week dry dock ,I felt that it was only a matter of a short time before Century would leave Xs fleet .:eek:

The higher prices for the April 17th departure are no longer showing - in fact, our cruise is no longer listed on Celebrity's website. As of this morning, the last sailing showing on Celebrity's website for the Century departs on 8 March 2015.

Several of us on the April 17th cruise have called Celebrity and been told that our cruise must be sold out.:rolleyes:

How long does it take Celebrity to notify passengers of cancellations?

Edited by sandyss

We are booked for the 17 April 2015 Around Japan cruise as well. I noticed the doubling of the prices and yesterday noticed the cruise was not on the website.

I called X and the cruise consultant said that the cruise has not been cancelled. He opined that the cruise could be sold out. This would be unusual for a cruise over 16 months from now.

We were very much looking forward to this cruise. We will be deeply disappointed if they cancel the cruise.

If X cancels this cruise, I plan to ask for some OBC on another cruise. I booked this cruise while onboard. Also, X has had my deposit for three months.

We are booked for the 17 April 2015 Around Japan cruise as well. I noticed the doubling of the prices and yesterday noticed the cruise was not on the website.

I called X and the cruise consultant said that the cruise has not been cancelled. He opined that the cruise could be sold out. This would be unusual for a cruise over 16 months from now.

We were very much looking forward to this cruise. We will be deeply disappointed if they cancel the cruise.

If X cancels this cruise, I plan to ask for some OBC on another cruise. I booked this cruise while onboard. Also, X has had my deposit for three months.

We booked this cruise in May 2013 when this itinerary was first announced. It is very disappointing that it is likely to be canceled.

Celebrity is giving different stories to all of us who call to inquire about our reservations. It would be so much better if they were honest with us. But of course, that is how Celebrity operates.

We were on the Millennium that got stuck in Ketchikan. People on subsequent cruises weren't notified of cancellations until they were already in Alaska.

Thanks for the heads up. Our April 5, 2015 China/Japan cruise is no longer showing in our booked cruises in My Celebrity. I wonder if they were going to tell us about it.:mad:

I had called the Captain's Club earlier because our April 5 cruise no longer appeared in My Reservations. We had booked a B2B, and our April 17 reservations were listed. The rep said that neither of our 2 cruises were cancelled, and that both were still current.

I also emailed our TA, and got the following reply:

"The sailings are currently "CLOSED" by revenue management. This usually means one of the follow:

Sailing(s) are over-sold and no new booking are being allowed

A Charter agreement is out on the ship and Celebrity is awaiting the contract and deposit.

An itinerary change is pending

I called into the Celebrity group department and I was informed I am still able to sell my blocked space. This is a good sign.

Sorry I do not have a better answer. I will keep on top of this."

Maybe the ship really is chartered. Asia is an expanding market for group travel. I have done RCI cruises in Asia, and there were several groups of approx 200 people travelling. Certain cruises of Mariner of the Seas were completely chartered. Century is a smaller size ship, so it is quite feasible that the ship has been chartered or large group bookings have taken remaining space

Hi Everyone,

Wish I could agree with those who think it's charters. From what I can tell, 6 weeks (give or take a week) of Century sailings have gone to stop sell status. For 6 weeks of salings to simply disappear off the schedule, the charter scenario seems unlikely. It could be that Century will be doing another Drydock, but I'm not holding my breath on that scenario either.

IMO, this does not bode well for Century's future, but we'll have to wait for Celebrity to see if/when Celebrity makes an announcement

Edited by Host Andy

I have learned to doubt any info from the X jerks in Miami.But we all knew the shortened DD was beginning of end. Thoroughly enjoyed many cruises on her, especially deck 12. What is itin for last month or so?Transpacific to Orient?

I have learned to doubt any info from Miami.

The leak by way of the French Cruises FB website might have been premature during a negotiation process. Unfortunately the people in Miami might not be in the loop when senior management have not dotted all the i, i i….

All they can do is tell us what they know.

The cancelled sailings were very nice itineraries from Singapore to Vietnam, to China and Japan, even touching Russia…

This is the grinch that stole Christmas… ;)

Hi Everyone,

Wish I could agree with those who think it's charters. From what I can tell, 6 weeks (give or take a week) of Century sailings have gone to stop sell status. For 6 weeks of salings to simply disappear off the schedule, the charter scenario seems unlikely. It could be that Century will be doing another Drydock, but I'm not holding my breath on that scenario either.

IMO, this does not bode well for Century's future, but we'll have to wait for Celebrity to see if/when Celebrity makes an announcement

I have to agree, it seems to odd to be just all booked due to charters. I think the future of the Century is still in the air and they are waiting for the arrangements to be finalised before announcing what they are.:D

Our April 5 itinerary had the exact ports I have been trying to get on a single cruise - Shanghai, Bejing and Tokyo. The 3 days in Bejing was just perfect. This cruise being cancelled is just what I was worried about. At least it is before airline flights can be purchased.

Our April 5 itinerary had the exact ports I have been trying to get on a single cruise - Shanghai, Bejing and Tokyo. The 3 days in Bejing was just perfect. This cruise being cancelled is just what I was worried about. At least it is before airline flights can be purchased.

That is a saving grace at least., I hope that your cruise goes ahead and that the rumours are just that.:D