ALLURE // LIVE REVIEW / Sept. 2-9 Sail Away With Meee?

Ah, Labadee! We will be there on Tuesday! Zipline in the morning, parasailing in the afternoon! I am a beach person who would be content to relax on a lounger or in the water, but DH, not so much. He would be deserting me after the first hour or so to head back to the ship, so we have activities planned. :D

I agree with those who think the zipline is overpriced compared to others we have done. However, the feeling you get standing on that platform at the top of the platform, looking out over the water at the ship in the distance, knowing you're about ready to step off that perfectly good platform to go flying down that line....... It was awesome! Maybe the fact that we had torrential rain most of the day made it even more exciting. Riding up the hill in the transport truck, then back down the hill in torrential rain when it wasn't safe to ride, then back up when the rain let up enough to let us go was an adventure all by itself! DH didn't get to ride that cruise due to his broken collarbone, so he is excited to give it a try. Besides, I good sale price during the Black Friday/ Cyber Monday sale last fall, and used OBC to pay for it.

After ziplining, lunch, then parasailing. We did that last time at Coco Cay, and enjoyed it so much we decided to give it a try at Labadee.:cool: After all that, even I will be ready to head back to the ship!

Good morning. I am sunburnt as heck, despite lathering on SPF 50. *groans*

Today is the last day - a sea day. We have Chops scheduled for dinner, and I’m not sure what we’ll do during the day, but I’ll keep everyone updated. I don’t ever un pack my luggage, so I should just have to put the odds and ends back into the case and be good to go. We will be walking off tomorrow with our luggage. *heavy sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning. I am sunburnt as heck, despite lathering on SPF 50. *groans*

Today is the last day - a sea day. We have Chops scheduled for dinner, and I’m not sure what we’ll do during the day, but I’ll keep everyone updated. I don’t ever un pack my luggage, so I should just have to put the odds and ends back into the case and be good to go. We will be walking off tomorrow with our luggage. *heavy sigh*

How about apply sunscreen, JR breakfast, get in the flowrider line, stop at next cruise, park cafe for lunch, afternoon drink of the Rising Tide, with a stop in the Champagne Bar, etc.

Or if you wanted to change it up pack now, or take your empty bag, and go stand in the express walk off line right now. The responses to people walking by might be classic. ;p

How about apply sunscreen, JR breakfast, get in the flowrider line, stop at next cruise, park cafe for lunch, afternoon drink of the Rising Tide, with a stop in the Champagne Bar, etc.

Or if you wanted to change it up pack now, or take your empty bag, and go stand in the express walk off line right now. The responses to people walking by might be classic. ;p

Not sure if I can do the flofallllllllerrrrr. I had brain surgery a couple years ago, so my head’s super sensitive (they took out a chunk of my skull at the back of my head). Maybe I can do boogie boarding?!! I figure if I’m not standing up it’s not as hard of a fall when I fall. Maybe they’ll let me wear a helmet from the zip line, then I’ll really get the stares :p

TO THE MILK SHAKE PLACE! .....to see if they’ll make me a milkshake at 9 A.M. [emoji854]

Here it is Saturday the 8th of Sept. I have spent all morning reading your review. I went thru two cups of coffee; a Danish and a smoothie while laughing along with your great review. Now its lunch time and I would sit by my computer with lunch; but your review has paused; I assume it's because you are now back in FLL and heading home. Thank you so much for filling up my morning with your love of cruising. Cheers

Here it is Saturday the 8th of Sept. I have spent all morning reading your review. I went thru two cups of coffee; a Danish and a smoothie while laughing along with your great review. Now its lunch time and I would sit by my computer with lunch; but your review has paused; I assume it's because you are now back in FLL and heading home. Thank you so much for filling up my morning with your love of cruising. Cheers

D’awwww, thank you so much for reading along! I really, really appreciate it. We’re still on board, disembarking tomorrow. Boo.

There will be more to review! We have Chops tonight, and of course I’ll comment on disembarkation tomorrow. And then there’s whatever shenanigans we get into today/this afternoon.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day! :)

Ahhh. The last day. Bummer. But it looks like you’ve had a great cruise and have made the most of it. Cruising in groups can have its downers but sounds like your group was a good mix. I must admit that between your review this week and Andrew’s last week, we may need to look into the bigger ships. You have helped me through my week! Thank you. You have a great attitude about cruising. Enjoy your day! Fingers crossed that disembarking is smooth and quick!

Ahhh. The last day. Bummer. But it looks like you’ve had a great cruise and have made the most of it. Cruising in groups can have its downers but sounds like your group was a good mix. I must admit that between your review this week and Andrew’s last week, we may need to look into the bigger ships. You have helped me through my week! Thank you. You have a great attitude about cruising. Enjoy your day! Fingers crossed that disembarking is smooth and quick!

I know. Last days stinks. But it’s still an entire day! Woot. We certainly have had a cruise for the books, and to be honest, we enjoyed this cruise as a group more than we did our couples. It’s just more fun to us to have different people around that enjoy things we wouldn’t necessarily otherwise try/think to experience.

I really think you should try Oasis-class! I’m going to do a topic by topic write-up/review when we get back home tomorrow and I’m on my laptop. Maybe that will help you make a more informed decision.

Thanks so much for the well wishes! We really do appreciate them. You have a fantastic day yourself! :)

They also work great for keeping cabin curtains shut.

We have a Central Park balcony on our upcoming cruise so this piece of wisdom is kind of important for us! We usually bring along clothespins to hang up our wet swimsuits so that should work for the curtain as well.

Enjoy your last day Meg. Your live review has been great!

We have a Central Park balcony on our upcoming cruise so this piece of wisdom is kind of important for us! We usually bring along clothespins to hang up our wet swimsuits so that should work for the curtain as well.

Enjoy your last day Meg. Your live review has been great!

Thank you so much! Casually eating my way through the ship. [emoji41]