$1000 onboard (package) credit

Europeantraveler1

We are first timers on Riviera.....need to know from those of you who have had more experience with Oceania cruising...If we don’t spend all of our onboard credit money, will we get the balance when we check out at the end of the cruise????

Hi I am sure all lines are the same you need to spend it all you won’t get a credit if you have anything left go spend it in the on board shops

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I recently had both refundable and non-refundable OBC. Oceania used the non-refundable first for my spa and other charges, so by the end of the cruise I still had virtually all of the refundable left and they gave it back to me on the last night in cash.

Initially we thought the OBC we got from either the cruise line or a TA was nonrefundable. We then did some research and found the OBC from the cruise line was in most cases nonrefundable unless some of it was posted to our account because of a canceled excursion or event we had previously paid for. In that situation the cruise line will use our nonrefundable credit first to pay our bill before using the refundable credit.

We then asked our TA if the OBC they gave us on the various cruises we had booked was refundable or nonrefundable. Surprisingly he told us in some cases it was refundable, in some cases nonrefundable and in some cases a little of each. He said it all depends on how the commissions were provided from the cruise line to the travel agency.

The bottom line for us now is to always know what type of OBC we have before we embark on a cruise so we know the minimum amount of OBC we need to spend, especially when we have prepaid gratuities as part of our cruise package.