Cruises from NY

lenquixote66

If you are cruising on Carnival then you should check their NYC schedule on Carnival.com. Carnival currently only schedule cruises out of NYC from May thru Sept.

Thanks ,I have not been on a Carnival cruise since 1994 and I wanted to try another line coming out of NY than NCL.

I would say middle aged to older. We went in mid-November and January on another cruise line, and there were plenty of kids onboard, along with a younger crowd (20-40's), but not like it is in the summer. There's definitely a noticeable difference. Also, there seemed to be an equal mix of Americans and those from other countries/continents, specifically Europe. It wasn't a problem for us, and we enjoyed meeting new people and hearing about their country and experiences.

I did an NCL Breakaway 14 day cruise out of NY last January. Not many kids due to school and length of the cruise. 40 - 65 perhaps average age.

If the OP is looking to avoid kids, this is a good way to go. The other option is to see what Celebrity has to offer out of Bayonne. Less kids on Celebrity than RCCL. Carnival doesn't offer NY cruises in Jan or Feb.

If the OP is looking for kids on board to keep his/her own amused, then disregard what I just said.

If you are cruising on Carnival then you should check their NYC schedule on Carnival.com. Carnival currently only schedule cruises out of NYC from May thru Sept.

Royal Caribbean sails year round from Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ.... just a hop, skip, and jump from NYC!!

New England schools have vacation week Presidents' Day week. That's a huge vacation week and you may find more families that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums