Diamond member contemplating a MSC cruise on Seaside

We are Diamond members on Royal and family members are going on a MSC Seaside cruise have invited us to join them. I'm trying to navigate how MSC works as far as rooms and pricing. One, should we get a match for our status before booking to get the discount? Two, what room level to book? We have often booked inside rooms so size is not as much an issue but I"m trying to understand the levels and what comes with each as far as dining and the room cleaned. Do they charge each day the room is cleaned? Do you have to pay more to guarantee eating in the dining room? We do not like going to the buffet.

We are Diamond members on Royal and family members are going on a MSC Seaside cruise have invited us to join them. I'm trying to navigate how MSC works as far as rooms and pricing. One, should we get a match for our status before booking to get the discount? Two, what room level to book? We have often booked inside rooms so size is not as much an issue but I"m trying to understand the levels and what comes with each as far as dining and the room cleaned. Do they charge each day the room is cleaned? Do you have to pay more to guarantee eating in the dining room? We do not like going to the buffet.

These questions are best answered by posting on the MSC forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Stay away from the Bella experience unless you are fine with a bare bones cruise. With Bella you don’t have any choice on dining and can even be assigned a table in the buffet.

They've done away with that on Seaside by adding another dinner seating. We are Bella and have our choice of dining time. Have already sailed twice once Bella, once Fantastica and in practical application there was no real noticeable difference.

We are diamond plus on RCI and did the status match before booking our cruises were awarded black card

Remember you have to cruise once every three years to keep the level.

We have now cruised with MSC on two occasions in the last twelve months.

Honest opinion prefer RCI but for the price we paid both were brilliant deals well worth trying.