Carnival Triumph 2019 Norfolk booking (& options to book) disappeared - anyone else?

Getting more excited for sure even though I got worried yesterday and noticed my booking couldnt be found so I came here to check. Hopefully my 4j room wont go away. Booked Triumph to Cuba as we wanted a bigger ship with more features and a 4j. Then found out about the drydock. then found out it was going to be quite extensive, and now this! Cant wait for the announcement. I sailed the Sunshine and loved the decor and all the features on a smaller ship. So hopefully changes to the Triumph will be similar. Wife still doesnt know I booked this cruise. LOL.

Have faith people. No panic needed. When we were on the Triumph in December, the crew was told she was to be “sunshined.” Both the Alchemy bartenders reported they had just received a letter advising them of the plans and at the PD party, the head chef confirmed the changes to us as well. Your 4Js are disappearing because they don’t exist on the Sunshine. We booked the Triumph for May 2019 out of Norfolk for the convenience but were thrilled when we leaned she would be the ship coming north and will have a ton of upgrades. I have my fingers crossed for Havana bar, Jijis and a steakhouse!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a June cruise booked. I am excited of the potential of big changes! I am not remotely mad that they "hid" the booking and details for 3 days...

and yes, they have my $ for a deposit of 4 people. So, if they had told me big changes were coming, would I have canceled my booking 3 days ago? Nope. I don't really understand why so many are very upset. Any company or agency needs to make sure that announcements are handle accurately and to minimize confusion. Had Carnival said, "we will be making changes to the cruise over the next few days, if you want to cancel now..." would that have made any difference?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Had Carnival said, "we will be making changes to the cruise over the next few days, if you want to cancel now..." would that have made any difference?

to me, yes. On another cruise line, my booking disappear like what happen now and when i did a search for it, different itinerary were showing up. It took that other cruise line a week to finally tell me my cruise is canceled. For those that already submitted a deposit, i think carnival should of been more upfront with the changes they are making so people are aware if things randomly go missing

to me, yes. On another cruise line, my booking disappear like what happen now and when i did a search for it, different itinerary were showing up. It took that other cruise line a week to finally tell me my cruise is canceled. For those that already submitted a deposit, i think carnival should of been more upfront with the changes they are making so people are aware if things randomly go missing

Then you probably should cruise because the cruise contact allows them to do everything they are doing...

And when would you have Carnival make an announcement? When they think they might make changes to a ship? When changes are in the works? When changes are finalized?

If you follow this website and Carnival you would know that the dry dock times for Triumph have changed a few times - some people booked and got cancelled at one point.

It’s just the nature of cruising. And if you would have cancelled your cruise because Carnival was going to take down the system for this ship for a few days, again, you really ought to consider another vacation over which you feel you have more control.

We have a June cruise booked. I am excited of the potential of big changes! I am not remotely mad that they "hid" the booking and details for 3 days...

and yes, they have my $ for a deposit of 4 people. So, if they had told me big changes were coming, would I have canceled my booking 3 days ago? Nope. I don't really understand why so many are very upset. Any company or agency needs to make sure that announcements are handle accurately and to minimize confusion. Had Carnival said, "we will be making changes to the cruise over the next few days, if you want to cancel now..." would that have made any difference?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Who’s talking about cancel? It’s called good customer service.

Have faith people. No panic needed. When we were on the Triumph in December, the crew was told she was to be “sunshined.” Both the Alchemy bartenders reported they had just received a letter advising them of the plans and at the PD party, the head chef confirmed the changes to us as well. Your 4Js are disappearing because they don’t exist on the Sunshine. We booked the Triumph for May 2019 out of Norfolk for the convenience but were thrilled when we leaned she would be the ship coming north and will have a ton of upgrades. I have my fingers crossed for Havana bar, Jijis and a steakhouse!

4j rooms are on the sunshine as well as the Sunrise as we still have 4j booked even though it is now on Sunrise.

I asked John Heald on June 25 if the Triumph was going to be renamed, and he replied that it wasn’t, but that it would have an “exciting dry dock” and news on it would come soon. I guess that news will be early next week.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Maybe he misunderstood your question.

One things for sure when the exciting dry dock news comes out most will be dancing down 5th Ave.:)

Bill

Hello all. I wasn't too concerned with the system going down, as I am for my booking date on the now Sunrise. I'm booked on April 29th. It's the first sailing after dry dock. I'm praying nothing goes wrong and delays when she come out of dry dock. Anyone ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? Thanks in advance for any info! Just a tad bi nervous here!

Hello all. I wasn't too concerned with the system going down, as I am for my booking date on the now Sunrise. I'm booked on April 29th. It's the first sailing after dry dock. I'm praying nothing goes wrong and delays when she come out of dry dock. Anyone ever been in this situation and what was the outcome? Thanks in advance for any info! Just a tad bi nervous here!

I ended up on what was the Elation's first sailing out of a long and expansive drydock last year. (We were supposed to be the third cruise out, but a hurricane held things up.)

We had a good time, but the ship wasn't finished.

The good:

- cabins that were complete were lovely (we had a porthole cabin that felt brand-new)

- new food options were ready (Guys, Blue Iguana), and the dining rooms were remodeled and ready

- new water slides were ready day-one

- existing room cabin hallways were mostly complete

- staff was great

Not great:

- several public areas (like mini-golf) and cabins in new areas were not complete, and looked like construction zones; and there were lots and lots of contractors still working on the ship to complete these areas.

- we boarded substantially later than originally scheduled (basically losing the first day), and we were not compensated appropriately. We also felt that Carnival mislead us several times the day of boarding. The 'three hour delay' ended up being up to 10 hours, and some passengers didn't get their luggage until the following morning. We were given a credit of $15 per person for boarding day lunch, a $50 cabin credit, and a short apology note.

- the main pool area was updated, but did not work a full day and a half of the cruise. (It was netted.)

- much of the gym equipment in the workout room was 'new' (reconditioned) but wasn't functional or put together.

- there were weird food outages; yogurt, fruit, soft serve ice cream - until the last port day (the day before the cruise ended)

Despite this experience, we're also eyeing the first cruise knowing this may happen again. We had a good time regardless.