Carnival Triumph 2019 Norfolk booking (& options to book) disappeared - anyone else?

Thank you for being a voice of reason. Carnival wouldn't have the following it does if it regularly screwed their customers. :)

Despite "expecting the worst" (I only do that so if anything less than the worst happens I'll be pleasantly surprised) I don' t think Carnival screws the customers.

They gave us a very generous credit when we missed a port (medical evacuation) last month, which I was hoping to use on this cruise.

My only real concern is that they decide not to cruise out of NY.

People, we need to calm down. I can understand the apprehension since we also have a B2B booked on the Triumph in September 2019. We need to let them complete their changes which will take a couple of more days, then we will know for sure. I agree that some information should have been posted on their website especially in their booking engine and on those effected cruise managers, but it is what it is. Having cruised on Carnival since 1985 I expect the following: The ship will remain as the Triumph. Deck plans will be updated, new cabins and new cabin catagories will be introduced. Those passengers in decommissioned cabins will be moved to similar or better cabins without extra cost. Our bookings will remain the same and we will not have to rebook. Those that booked any excursions including FTTF, will find that those excursions will still be attached to your booking. Take a deep breath and try to relax as hard as that is. :cool:

Completely agree. Everyone always jumps to conclusions before they know what is happening. We had a 4j booked on lido for July 2 2019 and were upgraded to a lido balcony last week for free. Carnival has always done right by us and I'm sure they will this time as well. I'm guessing dry dock info gets released tomorrow or Tuesday and our booking will all return.

Not sure what’s hard to understand about all this. It’s not what they a doing, it’s the fact they have our money and should have let us know what was going on. It’s as similar as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure what’s hard to understand about all this. It’s not what they a doing, it’s the fact they have our money and should have let us know what was going on. It’s as similar as that.

They have your (and our) money, and you (we) still have a cruise(s) booked. The system is being updated and will be back up in the next day or two. What is so hard to understand? Agree that communication needed to be better. When the system is done being updated and your (our) bookings have been cancelled, then you (we) can raise holy hell! Until then..... :cool:

That’s not how it works when someone has your money. They should have told us ahead of time. Not played their game of “system update”.

Agree. If my bank can display an message on their website on Friday that says they are doing system maintenance over the weekend and some online features may not be available. why cant carnival do the same thing?

That’s not how it works when someone has your money. They should have told us ahead of time. Not played their game of “system update”.

So... you're upset about them having your money? :confused::confused:I couldn't tell from your 5 other posts in this thread. I just wanted to make 100% sure /end sarcasm

In all honesty, what is done is done. We should do as Jamman said and all take a deep breath and see what happens on Monday.

Agree. If my bank can display an message on their website on Friday that says they are doing system maintenance over the weekend and some online features may not be available. why cant carnival do the same thing?

Nobody is disputing that fact......:cool:

Because it’s not just a system update. There will be changes that will impact people. As a minimum some people will have their cabin changed whether they like it or not.

So... you're upset about them having your money? :confused::confused:I couldn't tell from your 5 other posts in this thread. I just wanted to make 100% sure /end sarcasm

In all honesty, what is done is done. We should do as Jamman said and all take a deep breath and see what happens on Monday.

Yea, they have my money which affords me certain courtesies as a customer.

Heald says we’ll get rebooked for FTTF in his reply to me today. He also said Aug 1st as to stuff coming back on online when asked today.

We’ll see what happens...he’s had a few people complaining FTTF is getting cancelled. I’m not mad the systems down but sending out notices that we cancelled our excursion is bad

I have a feeling something with dates is changing as if you try to add your Triumph cruise to your planner there are a lot of dates. For example, I’m on a Sept 22 cruise. There’s an option for both the 21st and 22 nd in the drop down. Wonder if this is why FTTF was cancelled and they. Have to move it to a new date

I guess because something like this happened a few years ago, I am not bothered. Experience is a good teacher, so I can understand folks being antsy.

I was booked on the Magic. My booking went away twice. Once for 3 weeks. There were threads about it on here. I don't remember what was going on with the Magic, but I do remember fttf for those who had it was cancelled and had to be rebooked. This despite TAs, PVPs, and Carnival reps telling folks otherwise. I didn't have it but people were upset. Everything else was (eventually) restored as is.

FF to now, I had a deck 9 4J booked on the Triumph and was bumped to a balcony on deck 9. My TA did get a call about the switch. Now, I have zero intention on paying even a dime more as this was Carnival's doing. As other ships have been drydocked and people booked in rooms that were removed and/or converted, this is something they are used to dealing with even if we are not. I booked the Triumph two days after the dates were released, because I knew cruises out of NYC were expensive and I knew prices would go up. I seriously doubt they will not honor the price of previously booked guests. I agree folks should try and calm down, which also means NOT calling customer service IMO. Sorry but this is one of the reasons why I do not book directly with Carnival. Their customer service reps are maddening sometimes. I do hope there is no itinerary change.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I guess because something like this happened a few years ago, I am not bothered. Experience is a good teacher, so I can understand folks being antsy.

I was booked on the Magic. My booking went away twice. Once for 3 weeks. There were threads about it on here. I don't remember what was going on with the Magic, but I do remember fttf for those who had it was cancelled and had to be rebooked. This despite TAs, PVPs, and Carnival reps telling folks otherwise. I didn't have it but people were upset. Everything else was (eventually) restored as is.

FF to now, I had a deck 9 4J booked on the Triumph and was bumped to a balcony on deck 9. My TA did get a call about the switch. Now, I have zero intention on paying even a dime more as this was Carnival's doing. As other ships have been drydocked and people booked in rooms that were removed and/or converted, this is something they are used to dealing with even if we are not. I booked the Triumph two days after the dates were released, because I knew cruises out of NYC were expensive and I knew prices would go up. I seriously doubt they will not honor the price of previously booked guests. I agree folks should try and calm down, which also means NOT calling customer service IMO. Sorry but this is one of the reasons why I do not book directly with Carnival. Their customer service reps are maddening sometimes. I do hope there is no itinerary change.

The reps are as much in the dark as everyone else. It is clear they are sunshining the ship by the extended dry dock. We have a block of rooms booked for a sailing in July. When you los schedules two plus years out and do big time changes, something has to give.

And again, I am not bothered.

The reps are as much in the dark as everyone else. It is clear they are sunshining the ship by the extended dry dock. We have a block of rooms booked for a sailing in July. When you los schedules two plus years out and do big time changes, something has to give.

Good to know i was wondering why it doesn’t even show Norfolk as as option for a port to leave out of.not going to stress after reading it wasn’t only me who could not see anything under manage my cruise

I have learn not to to get upset about the stuff you have no control of hopefully all will be answer soon

Just remember there is likely s team of people who are combing through a year’s worth of cruises on the Triumph making changes to reservations. Taking Triumph offline for booking makes that job much easier. Obviously since there are no other ships based in Norfolk, Norfolk won’t be available for booking either.

It still would have been nice to put up a notice saying something like “we’ll back xx/xx/18 with exciting news”.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Anyone have any updates on this?

from another thread (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56658682&postcount=4)

We were advised this past Friday (27th July) that our Triumph booking would be accessible by today also. Just called Carnival a few minutes ago and are now told the affected Triumph sailings will not be accessible until "Friday" (3rd August.) .

Hi everyone. Big announcement tomorrow coming from Carnival about Triumph. Cruise Critic will have the details, beginning at 7:30 a.m. (eastern time).

wow..thats nice to hear. hopefully all our bookings is safe with whatever changes they make

I am booked on the Triumph for July 2019 and when I called Carnival to ask why I could not access my booking, she said "Hmm, it says you are booked for the Carnival Sunrise...but we don't have a ship named the Sunrise!" After being on hold for about 20 minutes, she came back and said that they were "updating the system" and it should be completed by EOD today, by Thursday at the latest. So it sounds like the name will be changed to the Sunrise. Also, I did tell them that I am disappointed because I had family members who wanted to book the same itinerary and take advantage of the low deposit. After being on hold again, she asked me for their names and said if the system is not updated by EOD today (which is when the sale ends), they will still let them get the low deposit sale. She asked for their names (which I gave) and when they call to make the booking, to refer to my booking number (which is where the notes are).