Cruise before the Triumph goes into Dry Dock

VolzCruiser

I doubt I'll go that far. My wife will be the one to insist that we still go since this is our 10 year anniversary cruise. I'd be less upset (key word being less) if Carnival would just tell the truth about whats going on. I'm not asking for any OBC or future cruise credit.

Why would you be upset at at all? They are doing some refurb work in an area of the ship that you will never see unless you go looking for it. There is nothing for Carnival to tell.

Why would you be upset at at all? They are doing some refurb work in an area of the ship that you will never see unless you go looking for it. There is nothing for Carnival to tell.

Visit the Facebook page Carnival Triumph (Sunrise) and read from people that have been cruising since the beginning of September and you will see that multiple people have posted that the Oxford lounge is completely closed and that deck 7 has had all of the port side staterooms completely gutted and remodeled DURING cruises and that the starboard side is currently in process with plans for continuing work on the remaining decks to be done between now and drydock. People are reporting constuction going on late into the evening and early in the morning with reports of AC being out on deck one There are photos and videos posted of the work and noise.

Further cruisers are receiving notice that boarding is being delayed until 1pm at the earliest and that the ship in some cases will not sail until 5pm due to the loading and unloading of construction material. Carnival is continuing to deny that ANY work is being done on the ship when the preponderance of the evidence to those doing their research says otherwise.

I'm sailing on the 8th and will update on whats going on when I get back both here and on that page. All most people are asking is for Carnival to be transparent with whats happening on the ship before we board.

Visit the Facebook page Carnival Triumph (Sunrise) and read from people that have been cruising since the beginning of September and you will see that multiple people have posted that the Oxford lounge is completely closed and that deck 7 has had all of the port side staterooms completely gutted and remodeled DURING cruises and that the starboard side is currently in process with plans for continuing work on the remaining decks to be done between now and drydock. People are reporting constuction going on late into the evening and early in the morning with reports of AC being out on deck one There are photos and videos posted of the work and noise.

Further cruisers are receiving notice that boarding is being delayed until 1pm at the earliest and that the ship in some cases will not sail until 5pm due to the loading and unloading of construction material. Carnival is continuing to deny that ANY work is being done on the ship when the preponderance of the evidence to those doing their research says otherwise.

I'm sailing on the 8th and will update on whats going on when I get back both here and on that page. All most people are asking is for Carnival to be transparent with whats happening on the ship before we board.

I was just on the ship and stepped off on September 24th so I don't need to go to a Facebook group to read about anything. Our friends were on the September 1st cruise before us.

Yes, you will likely receive an e-mail telling you to not come to the terminal until 12:30-1:30 and that sailaway is now 5:00pm and not 4:00pm. Yes, they are indeed using the terminal area for staging of materials which is why they aren't letting people in at 10:00am like the normally do. The earliest you would have got on the ship before would have been around 11:30. Now that is going to be 1:00-1:30pm for priority and 1:30 and later for all others.

I was on Triumph last year and they mainly used the Oxford Lounge for karaoke. They are doing that in the Venezia lounge now. Who knows, by the time to you sail a new remodeled lounge may be opened.

I was on Deck 7 port side while the construction was happening on the starboard side. I even snuck over there via the secret deck and took some pictures. There was no construction noise early in the morning or late at night. In fact, outside of boarding day I never heard a peep from any construction. However, there were a LOT of loud passengers on this cruise.

We were the 1st sailing to be in the brand new port side deck 7 cabins that they started on September 1st so about 20 days to finish.

Some people live to complain about things and look for something negative to say about everything. Go on your cruise and have a good time and quit listening to the naysayers on the internet. Quit letting them get you all worried and making your life miserable and concentrate on having some fun.

Simon London the CD was awesome btw. (Lovely Jubly)

I was just on the ship and stepped off on September 24th so I don't need to go to a Facebook group to read about anything. Our friends were on the September 1st cruise before us.

Yes, you will likely receive an e-mail telling you to not come to the terminal until 12:30-1:30 and that sailaway is now 5:00pm and not 4:00pm. Yes, they are indeed using the terminal area for staging of materials which is why they aren't letting people in at 10:00am like the normally do. The earliest you would have got on the ship before would have been around 11:30. Now that is going to be 1:00-1:30pm for priority and 1:30 and later for all others.

I was on Triumph last year and they mainly used the Oxford Lounge for karaoke. They are doing that in the Venezia lounge now. Who knows, by the time to you sail a new remodeled lounge may be opened.

I was on Deck 7 port side while the construction was happening on the starboard side. I even snuck over there via the secret deck and took some pictures. There was no construction noise early in the morning or late at night. In fact, outside of boarding day I never heard a peep from any construction. However, there were a LOT of loud passengers on this cruise.

We were the 1st sailing to be in the brand new port side deck 7 cabins that they started on September 1st so about 20 days to finish.

Some people live to complain about things and look for something negative to say about everything. Go on your cruise and have a good time and quit listening to the naysayers on the internet. Quit letting them get you all worried and making your life miserable and concentrate on having some fun.

I agree a cruise is what you make of it but all things being equal we all have choices and if you have a choice why go on a ship under construction?

I'm glad you had a good cruise but others around or near the construction area certainly didn't and many people with upcoming cruises certainly don't agree with Carnival lying about it before their cruise. I've called Carnival twice, most recently on Monday, and THEY STILL DENY THEY ARE DOING ANY WORK ON THE SHIP. That's inexcusable in my book. With the work they are doing they have to have some idea of where they will be on each sailing and there is no reason they can't give guests fair warning before the ship sails. Since you are so wrapped up in your own opinion and have no desire to read what others on recent sailings have written then there is nothing more for you and I to discuss or debate. Have a good day.

I agree a cruise is what you make of it but all things being equal we all have choices and if you have a choice why go on a ship under construction?

I booked my cruise over a year ago for mine and wife's 10 year anniversary. If I had known that it was going to be under renovations like this I would never have chosen it. It wasn't until a post here and then on the Facebook page I referenced that people started seeing that at the start of September Carnival starting doing work on the ship without telling anyone. The only notice people are getting is a letter saying boarding will be delayed and the cruise will sail one hour late with no explanation as to why. Calls to Carnival, my most recent being Monday and they still deny that any work is being performed on the ship. Even many posts to John Heald's post has had a cookie cutter response that all areas are open when the Oxford Lounge has been closed since the start of September and still shows as an active part of the ship on the Carnival website.

If you're not in a cabin below where they're working, or further along the passageway, what's the big deal? Can't be any worse that being below the lido deck and having to hear chairs and tables sliding around at all hours of the day and night for a week.....or being on a spring break cruise and having 1000+ kids running helter skelter at all hours around the ship. There will always be work to be done on a ship, whether it's going to or coming from drydock; whether it's got passengers onboard or not...it's the nature of the beast. A group of us are sailing on October 13th.....and we're planning on having a great time.....just cruise on!!!

I'm glad you had a good cruise but others around or near the construction area certainly didn't and many people with upcoming cruises certainly don't agree with Carnival lying about it before their cruise. I've called Carnival twice, most recently on Monday, and THEY STILL DENY THEY ARE DOING ANY WORK ON THE SHIP. That's inexcusable in my book.

I don't know all the things that are happening at my company right now either. You think the customer service reps know everything about every sailing. They do not. I'm sure they were not told anything because it doesn't have an impact on the sailings. (save leaving an hour later)

With the work they are doing they have to have some idea of where they will be on each sailing and there is no reason they can't give guests fair warning before the ship sails. Since you are so wrapped up in your own opinion and have no desire to read what others on recent sailings have written.

I'm not "wrapped up" in my own opinion. I was just ON the ship. You were not. I talked to tons of people on the ship and there were those that chose to find the negative in everything and those that did not. Our friends were on the sailing a couple of weeks ago when they started to the construction on the port side deck 7 cabins (one that we ended up staying in) and told us all about that sailing. Of course we're not a bunch of crybabies either.

then there is nothing more for you and I to discuss or debate. Have a good day

Yeah, your are starting to sound like one of those whiners that just want to be miserable about everything (and possibly some sort of mental case) so no matter what someone who was actually just on the ship tells you you've already made up your mind to be negative and listen to a few other whiners who do nothing buy complain.

Ok then ... have a miserable cruise like you want and let's leave it at that.

If you're not in a cabin below where they're working, or further along the passageway, what's the big deal? Can't be any worse that being below the lido deck and having to hear chairs and tables sliding around at all hours of the day and night for a week.....or being on a spring break cruise and having 1000+ kids running helter skelter at all hours around the ship. There will always be work to be done on a ship, whether it's going to or coming from drydock; whether it's got passengers onboard or not...it's the nature of the beast. A group of us are sailing on October 13th.....and we're planning on having a great time.....just cruise on!!!

Easy to say when you have no idea where they are working. Hopefully on your sailing you don’t find out that you get to be right next to, or directly above, or directly below the construction since Carnival is still lying and saying it’s not happening. Why wouldn’t you want to know where it is before you sail so you know going in what to expect? What is wrong with Asking Carnival for transparency in this process? I’m not in any way asking for OBC or any compensation. I just want to know where will it be taking place when I sail on 10/08.

I also am on the Oct 8 cruise and would NEVER have booked if I had know what was going on. Boarding day is considered DAY 1 of the cruise and now we are being denied several hours on the ship including lunch. I was able to select a check in time of 11:30 with the intent of being on board not long after. I will be very PISSED OFF if that is not the case. I paid for that day and they will hear from me for sure if I am not on board eating lunch at a decent time. As my hotel requires I check out by 11 I would like to know what I am supposed to do with several hours until I am supposedly able to check in. I have yet to be informed of this my Carnival and it is less than 2 weeks away. Not a good way to run a business. We have one more cruise booked on Carnival and then I think we are moving on.

I also am on the Oct 8 cruise and would NEVER have booked if I had know what was going on. Boarding day is considered DAY 1 of the cruise and now we are being denied several hours on the ship including lunch. I was able to select a check in time of 11:30 with the intent of being on board not long after. I will be very PISSED OFF if that is not the case. I paid for that day and they will hear from me for sure if I am not on board eating lunch at a decent time. As my hotel requires I check out by 11 I would like to know what I am supposed to do with several hours until I am supposedly able to check in. I have yet to be informed of this my Carnival and it is less than 2 weeks away. Not a good way to run a business. We have one more cruise booked on Carnival and then I think we are moving on.

Lunch is being served until 4pm on the sailings that leave at 5 so you won't miss lunch.

Over dramatic much ?

Well I hope everyone enjoy their upcoming cruises on the Triumph. It's not unreasonable to be concerned about current construction that's going on the ship. Hopefully it doesnt have a huge impact on your cruise. Try not to allow this one thing to ruin your experience or ruin your ability to have a great time. Carnival definitely needs to be upfront to their customers. However, remember customer service reps (this goes for almost every huge corporation) are the last to know anything. It is surprising that they have started construction this early. I will be sailing on this ship once they change it to the Sunrise next December.

The worst part about my cruise on the Triumph wasn't the noise or the paint smells or certain parts of deck 7 being closed. But when they closed the Oxford Lounge it made all the other lounges more crowded and you couldn't even get a seat in some of them and with people crowding the bar it took forever to get a drink many times. Trying to watch your favorite football team, standing up in the sun, on the Lido deck, in 95 degree heat, with no drink, is not a fun experience.

I had the same experience, and even worse, on the Norwegian Pearl in its last weeks leaving New Orleans as they were remodeling the Spinnaker lounge, which is the largest lounge on the ship, and it was closed. Other bars were so crowded it was almost impossible to get a drink if you were not seated at the bar.

Under these conditions, Carnival should make some changes to accommodate those who are affected. They could open more bars at busy times. They could show the football games in the showroom in air conditioning with waiters serving drinks. They could let people change their cruise dates to one where there is not work going on.(if they would even admit that work was going on)

I was planning on sailing both the Triumph and Victory before they sail off into the sunrise/sunset, but I may take the month of October to reconsider. At least I booked Past Guest and not Early Saver on the Triumph.

I was originally planning on sailing the Conquest next year, but still haven’t actually canceled. It looks like I’ll hold onto that as long as possible if things don’t calm down on the Triumph.

Ironically, it seems like the Oxford Lounge’s counterpart on the Splendor, the Robusto Bar, was underutilized. It held a few Park West and Spa events, but it seemed to do a slow trade despite being next to the Gold Pearl.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

The Paradise and the Elation have both had extensive dry docks recently where all the cabins were upgraded. A large portion of those upgraded cabins were done in the 6 months leading up to the dry dock while the ship was in operation. Never heard any complaints while that was happening. They just blocked off sections of the cabins and did the work. I wouldn't cancel a cruise because of this, but that's me. As for the Oxford Bar, as stated above, it was always under utilized, and not having it available would not cause severe crowding of bars on the rest of the ship. :cool:

Lunch is being served until 4pm on the sailings that leave at 5 so you won't miss lunch.

Over dramatic much ?

Really, you can eat lunch at 4 and then dinner at 6? Must have several stomachs like a cow. Guess we will be starving between breakfast and whenever they decide to let us on the ship to eat lunch. This is not the way to start someone's hard earned vacation.

So I joined that Facebook group that was mentioned earlier in this thread to find out about all this hard evidence of issues and once I started asking simple questions over there the 3 chief complainers started flying off the handle, acting like crybabies, and got the thread deleted. (and were calling for my ban because I dared to question there dramatic stories of what happened in an area I was right next to for 4 days_

Needless to say I recommend anyone here to take these complaints with a grain of salt (or a whole bag) and go see for yourself. I didn't find any reasonable evidence or proof that anyone had there cruise ruined by any of these pre-drydock activities.

That is just MY opinion.

Some people live to complain...and they normally start out by saying "I never complain" ... OH yes you do. LOL

So I joined that Facebook group that was mentioned earlier in this thread to find out about all this hard evidence of issues and once I started asking simple questions over there the 3 chief complainers started flying off the handle, acting like crybabies, and got the thread deleted. (and were calling for my ban because I dared to question there dramatic stories of what happened in an area I was right next to for 4 days_

i also joined the facebook group to see any pictures people might have. It looks like they are doing a good job of trying to brighten up the currently darken hallways. the decor is very similar to the sunshine/vista. But yes, that facebook group is very very toxic. never seen a group that bad..wow

Needless to say I recommend anyone here to take these complaints with a grain of salt (or a whole bag) and go see for yourself. I didn't find any reasonable evidence or proof that anyone had there cruise ruined by any of these pre-drydock activities.

That is just MY opinion.

Some people live to complain...and they normally start out by saying "I never complain" ... OH yes you do. LOL

i also joined the facebook group to see any pictures people might have. It looks like they are doing a good job of trying to brighten up the currently darken hallways. the decor is very similar to the sunshine/vista. But yes, that facebook group is very very toxic. never seen a group that bad..wow

Can one of you post a link to this Facebook page?