Princess luggage tags

psygist

As of April, they were doing the paper and staple tag. My question to Princess is, do they expect us to carry staplers in our carryons so that we can attach them in line the morning of embarkation? I would happily pay another 32 cents per cruise to just get the self adhesive ones and know that I don't have to worry about where to find a stapler and/or whether it is going to rip off or not.

As of April, they were doing the paper and staple tag. My question to Princess is, do they expect us to carry staplers in our carryons so that we can attach them in line the morning of embarkation? I would happily pay another 32 cents per cruise to just get the self adhesive ones and know that I don't have to worry about where to find a stapler and/or whether it is going to rip off or not.

If you are flying in then you will find that all the Princess greeters have staplers. I asked them about a month ago and they said they were actually issued staplers!

I left mine on when I flew back and they stayed on without any problems (3 staples in each one)

Print your luggage tags, fold them and take them to STAPLES to have them laminated. They will punch a hole in the laminated tag and give you a plastic tie in which to attach to your luggage. They charged $1.25 per tag. Having this done, they won't fall off even if you fly to the port.

Leslie

Get a roll of clear plastic sealing tape , one strip on each side of the paper tag will laminate it .Tape the ends together after attaching them to luggage handle (or stapple the ends) . Most all of the cruise lines now make you print your own tags so 1 roll can last you a lifetime of cruising.;)

Someone on another thread suggested the "Badge Mates" (clear plastic holder with a punch at the top you can tie on with a plastic zip tie). You will have to trim the Princess baggage tag a little to fit. When you're debarking, just replace the one you came on with using the one they give you on board. When I read this idea I ran right out and got a package of 10 for $3.99 at Staples.

Get a roll of clear plastic sealing tape , one strip on each side of the paper tag will laminate it .Tape the ends together after attaching them to luggage handle (or stapple the ends) . Most all of the cruise lines now make you print your own tags so 1 roll can last you a lifetime of cruising.;)

We did exactly this last week and it worked fantastic. Only I punched holes with a hole punch through the tags, then attached them with zip ties at the hotel before leaving for the ship. Very simple, and even rain would not destroy them or have them come off with the tape and zip ties. ;)

We did exactly this last week and it worked fantastic. Only I punched holes with a hole punch through the tags, then attached them with zip ties at the hotel before leaving for the ship. Very simple, and even rain would not destroy them or have them come off with the tape and zip ties. ;)

You bring up a great point regarding rain. I think we have all seen what happens with home ink jet printers when the paper gets wet. Last summer we took a Mediterrean cruise out of Venice and we got poured and poured on as we were disembarking and waiting for a shuttle to get to the train station as we were heading to Tuscany for a week. Man, did that make for a long train ride.

Im amazed that everyone seems to be perfectly happy with this new arrangement!!!

I am not.

We certainly pay enough to enjoy this small convenience with our luggage.

I know we have to deal with it, but I will not be as agreeable as everyone else seems to be. I am constantly complaining to my ta .

Last year I refused to do my own, and Celebrity Cruises sent me the durable preprinted ones that stick together. and dont rip.

We had no problem, I bought a little stapler in the $ store before we left, which came with a little box of staples and this tiny stapler went thru all the layers of the folder tag no problem. We didn't put them on until we were leaving the hotel in Fort Lauderdale for the ship. We were told not to put the tags on until we were heading to our final destination, "the ship".

This stapler is now stored one of our cases in readiness for our next cruise.

Printed on regular paper, used clear packaging tape and punched holes at home. Brought zip ties (DH is an electrician) and him cut them down to the correct lenght. Before leaving our hotel for the ship, attached the zip ties. Easy peezy!

Im amazed that everyone seems to be perfectly happy with this new arrangement!!!

I am not.

We certainly pay enough to enjoy this small convenience with our luggage.

I am with you...after paying many thousands of dollars for a cruise I fail to understand why Princess can't put a few luggage tags in the mail to their passengers. They can spend untold amounts mailing us promotion flyers every week. I just think it is absurd that a passengers have to print up their own luggage tags, carry around a stapler, pay to have their luggage tags laminated, purchase pouches to put them in, zip straps to connect them or carry packing tape just to save a few dollars for Princess. As one poster recently said, "will we soon be expected to wash our own dishes".

Not a stupid question.

I used b&w with no problem.

Thanks! I leave for Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow and am planning to print them from work today -- it's much less conspicuous to use the black & white printer by my desk :).

Archived