Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

I just wanted to update everyone about the Ben and Jerrys Suite. We soon to find out that the room was very noisy...but was not the parade or music it was from the Ben and Jerrys ice cream...has a door that all crew use alot and the bang when it would close would actually vibrate the floor. Well we did some calling and it would get fixed and it would last for one night and next night right back to it. I think the last time complain and my husband was not happy by this time. Cause they would wait about 2 hrs after they fixed it to call our room and tell us they fixed it. So would be like 1 am and wake us up to tell us. Like REALLY!!!

But the last night was a peaceful night sleep. So I sure hope they have it fixed to anyone that have it in the future!

I don't if anyone else ever had this problem ....that it was something new happen.

The Ben & Jerry's sweet is only on the 3 Freedom class ships, stateroom number 6305. It is located right over the Ben & Jerry's venue, and the view is partially obstructed by the Ben & Jerry's cow mounted right outside the window. Because of the obstruction, Royal gives the occupants 2 coupons per day for free ice cream. The stateroom also gets concierge lounge access, though I'm not 100% sure this is true on all 3 ships.

It is a promenade room but looks over the Ben and Jerry Ice Cream and you have the view of the cows butts...

so they give you alot of different perks to get people to book it and you get free ice cream every day.

The room is decorated up in cow things.

this is the view from my promenade room...

228370_520653411287885_504502592_n.jpg.705cf7a520b4546c29ba91ff441b4b15.jpg

The Ben & Jerry's sweet is only on the 3 Freedom class ships, stateroom number 6305. It is located right over the Ben & Jerry's venue, and the view is partially obstructed by the Ben & Jerry's cow mounted right outside the window. Because of the obstruction, Royal gives the occupants 2 coupons per day for free ice cream. The stateroom also gets concierge lounge access, though I'm not 100% sure this is true on all 3 ships.

Yes, it did get you concierge lounge access and benefits of the gold card.

Special seating at shows and at the pool also.

They actually give you coupon that you have marked off for 7 times for up to a med bowl of ice cream.

Hmmmm... to native Vermonters get a discount? ;) I grew up in Burlington and remember going to the converted garage where they started. It always smelled so good.. like fresh sugar cones! YUM!!

Sorry the suite was so noisy. :( I would be okay for me seeing I can't hear well out of one ear.

It is a promenade room but looks over the Ben and Jerry Ice Cream and you have the view of the cows butts...

so they give you alot of different perks to get people to book it and you get free ice cream every day.

but over look the moose sitting on the couch...it was our traveling moose Marty that I had to take a picture on there...didn't notice that is the one I posted.

We have this room booked in January (along with the connecting room) and trust me, I will be COMATOSE every night and won't care about the noise. If I can sleep through DH snoring, I can sleep through anything!

We have this room booked in January (along with the connecting room) and trust me, I will be COMATOSE every night and won't care about the noise. If I can sleep through DH snoring, I can sleep through anything!

I wish you the best ...I even had ear plugs in cause my DH also snores big time and the reason for the ear plugs. I could still hear it over that.

I still loved the room and I am glad I had the room. I just wanted to let people be aware of it since when we did the cabin crawl and people asked about the noise. I had said no I didn't hear any noise at that time.

I wish you the best ...I even had ear plugs in cause my DH also snores big time and the reason for the ear plugs. I could still hear it over that.

I still loved the room and I am glad I had the room. I just wanted to let people be aware of it since when we did the cabin crawl and people asked about the noise. I had said no I didn't hear any noise at that time.

I am going to be plenty tired as I am running the Goofy Challenge at Disney the weekend we set sail. So 13.1 miles Saturday, 26.2 miles on Sunday and then embarking. Yep sleeping will not be an issue;):D

This sounds like a fair trade. View of a giant cow butt for free ice cream. Especially since there's no smell associated with a cow that size. (hopefully)

I think the extra perks are supposed to offset the "bad" points of this room - enjoy

Your paying for a Promenade rooma and getting suite perks

It is and the extra perks are worth the it....because the price is at promenade rate and perks of a suite! :D

I really thought it was a really cute room and the looking at the cows butt didn't bother me at all....you can still see the parade. I have come to the conclusion....you don't see many have their curtains open anyway!

We did open them but you just don't see many open.

I was in this "sweet" on my November cruise on Liberty. No noise whatsoever. I had a great time and no complaints about the room. I read about the noise issue before traveling and figured I would just deal with it. It ended up not being a problem for me, quiet as can be.

I'm looking forward to being in this cabin in March. It seems like it should be a lot of fun.

I do wonder, though, whether people innocently book this expecting a regular Promenade cabin and instead find themselves with a cabin filled with cow-themed kitsch and an obstructed view of the Royal Promenade, and then are surprised with the free ice cream and Concierge Lounge access.

Although many of us here at Cruise Critic are "in the know" about this special cabin, it's not advertised on the Royal Caribbean web site and I could imagine that people might book this cabin unaware of its special nature.

I'm looking forward to being in this cabin in March. It seems like it should be a lot of fun.

I do wonder, though, whether people innocently book this expecting a regular Promenade cabin and instead find themselves with a cabin filled with cow-themed kitsch and an obstructed view of the Royal Promenade, and then are surprised with the free ice cream and Concierge Lounge access.

Although many of us here at Cruise Critic are "in the know" about this special cabin, it's not advertised on the Royal Caribbean web site and I could imagine that people might book this cabin unaware of its special nature.

I imagine there could of been people that booked it and not know it...but I had to book this 14mths ahead of time to get it...how about you?

I think the extra perks are supposed to offset the "bad" points of this room - enjoy

Your paying for a Promenade rooma and getting suite perks

Yep and that is what makes nice about this room ...the suite perks!:D

I imagine there could of been people that booked it and not know it...but I had to book this 14mths ahead of time to get it...how about you?

It looks as though I booked mine about 6½ months ahead. I was quite surprised to see the cabin available, so I immediately put a hold on it while we decided whether to take this cruise and then switched it to my NextCruise booking the next day.

I called in about a week later asking them to put "No upgrades" into the booking's notes just to be safe. :)

Edited by Daghis

Ok so let me get this right......it is the same price as a prom. room? And u get extra perks, is the room any bigger than a normal prom. room (not that I have ever seen one)? Thank's!

It's the same size and price as any other Promenade category stateroom. You get extra perks because it has an obstructed view.

Ok so let me get this right......it is the same price as a prom. room? And u get extra perks, is the room any bigger than a normal prom. room (not that I have ever seen one)? Thank's!

It's the same size as a normal Promenade stateroom, and is the same cost as the rest of the catagory. The difference is the cow decorations everywhere and the perks (free ice cream and CL access)

We loved having the cabin and the perks. I'd absolutely book it again if it was available. When we booked ours it was about 7 months in advance and it was still available.

We are booked on Indy in March, but cabin 6305 was already taken :( . However we got a great price on an oceanview!