Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

• 2 weeks later...
We are on Freedom in just over 2 weeks, I will report back on what they offer us. I have heard that on each of the three ships they do things differently.

Yes! Please do report back - on the perks as well as the noise.

We have this cabin next month (2/17) and I'm really hoping to exchange our Nellie's Beach Cabana for a Barefoot Beach Cabana!

we booked independence this october ,what benefits are you getting now and is the noise from the door that bad

On the November transatlantic, the perks were free ice cream vouchers & concierge lounge access.

We found the door noise to be quite disturbing, not one unbroken nights sleep in 2 weeks.

Also, this is a connecting cabin & noise and light from 6307 was an issue. We could hear the guy next door snoring every night and were "lucky enough" to hear a 20 minute conversation at 4.40am regarding a cardigan purchased at House of Frazer in Glasgow.

The perks are nice, but I'm not sure if the noise trade off is worth it.

Edited by Brit-Cruiser
Typo

Makes you wonder if maybe the cow butts weren't the only thing taken into consideration before offering the perks?!

The cow butts are NOT an issue.

You can see fine out of the window. When the parades are on, we noticed a guy standing outside our window next to the cows filming. Did not affect us as we were not in the cabin when we saw him there, but had we been, this would have been awkward.

They are not giving these perks away for no reason & I guess a couple of nights of interrupted sleep is ok....about night 10-11, it was wearing more than a little thin. I am not a heavy sleeper, but it takes a lot to wake my DH at night. The door(s) woke both of us every night.

A new review including comments about this cabin on the Liberty of the Seas was posted here. The relevant part about the cabin is this:

So the "Suite" has a nice sign on the door alerting you to the fact that it's your room. Helpful for being able to find it easy. Layout wise, it's the same as a traditional promenade cabin, thought with cow decorations everywhere. Comforter, wall clock, statues, alarm clock,many hidden cow items. We even left a cow themed item to add too the collection! To make up for the loss of view, we had a nice pun filled letter "udderly" welcoming us on board. We were given free ice cream for every day of the cruise. We got to know the guys in the shop pretty well, and they called us their downstairs neighbors. We also received complimentary access to the "Cowncierge lounge" This is reserved for suite guests, and was a nice treat. Nightly happy hour with free drinks and appetizers. We felt a little out of place next to some of the people, but the concierge was very nice, as was the bartender. We were also given access to the lounge area for suite guests, but never took advantage of that. Noise wise, your one wall is next to a crew stairwell, but other than the final night when they are bringing luggage down, we never really noticed it.

I imagine there could of been people that booked it and not know it...but I had to book this 14mths ahead of time to get it...how about you?

we booked 5 months out, but we took the first opening they had. i also doubt anyone gets this room not knowing about it

what benefits does the concierge lounge give you, does it give you priority booking for the shows. is it snobby we dont want to feel out of place

We were offered priority tickets to the ice show, but we didn't want to go, so didn't avail ourselves of them.

The concierge lounge itself is fine. It's quite nice to chill out in there during the day and make yourself a coffee...it's good coffee!:)

There was one couple who (none too subtlety) tried to get a look at my sea pass card...but for the most part, everyone was lovely and we has some pleasant chats with people in the CL. It's not snobby in the conventional sense of the word, but a tiny minority do seem to be hung up on status.

We DID have a problem more than once at the nightly drink event. This was held in the Olive or Twist as there were too many people for the CL to hold. Seapass cards were to be shown to gain entry. If Raj, the concierge, was "on the door", then there was no problem as he knew us. If another staff member was there, they would try and turn us away and we would have to explain we were in the Ben & Jerry suite...it was a bit awkward, but not as awkward as the bartender who made it his life's work to tell us we should not be in there. We had to call Raj over in the end and the guy was told that we did indeed have the right to be in there....didn't stop him trying it again the next day tho. We did actually not go for a couple of nights after that - until Raj called our cabin to ask why we had not been in. He guaranteed we would have no further issues and to be fair we didn't..it wasn't a nice experience for the first couple of days though.

The cow butts are NOT an issue.

You can see fine out of the window. When the parades are on, we noticed a guy standing outside our window next to the cows filming. Did not affect us as we were not in the cabin when we saw him there, but had we been, this would have been awkward.

They are not giving these perks away for no reason & I guess a couple of nights of interrupted sleep is ok....about night 10-11, it was wearing more than a little thin. I am not a heavy sleeper, but it takes a lot to wake my DH at night. The door(s) woke both of us every night.

How late at night did you hear noise?

My best friend and I are staying in this suite next week. I will come back to this thread to post my comments. I was hoping that the noise wouldn't be too much of an issue as I am a light sleeper.

Donna

My best friend and I are staying in this suite next week. I will come back to this thread to post my comments. I was hoping that the noise wouldn't be too much of an issue as I am a light sleeper.

Donna

Hi Donna,

We tended to go to bed somewhere between 1-3am. I could hear it on and off most nights, but peak time seemed to be around 5-6am. The problem is, it's not one but 2 doors....one at each end of the passage to the air bridge, so one would bang, followed about 15 secs later by the second. In the cabin, there is a "welcome pack" for the B & J sweet and it does say that if the noise disturbs you, you can ask to be "mooved" to another room - so you always have this option. :) if I were you, I would give it a try. If we had only been in it for a week, then it would have been fine...but 2 weeks of interrupted nights is a lot of missed sleep. Hope this helps.

Jane

Hi Donna,

We tended to go to bed somewhere between 1-3am. I could hear it on and off most nights, but peak time seemed to be around 5-6am. The problem is, it's not one but 2 doors....one at each end of the passage to the air bridge, so one would bang, followed about 15 secs later by the second. In the cabin, there is a "welcome pack" for the B & J sweet and it does say that if the noise disturbs you, you can ask to be "mooved" to another room - so you always have this option. :) if I were you, I would give it a try. If we had only been in it for a week, then it would have been fine...but 2 weeks of interrupted nights is a lot of missed sleep. Hope this helps.

Jane

What the heck were they doing @ 5-6 am? My friend is not going to like this too much. Thank goodness it is only a 4 day cruise. If we did ask to be moved do you think they would let you keep the perks though?

Thanks,

Donna

What the heck were they doing @ 5-6 am? My friend is not going to like this too much. Thank goodness it is only a 4 day cruise. If we did ask to be moved do you think they would let you keep the perks though?

Thanks,

Donna

We kind of thought the peak time was housekeeping getting ready for the day, but did not venture outside to see who was causing the noise.

If its only a 4 day, them go for it...as I recall we were still in the "novelty phase" on day 4, so were just enjoying the room etc. It was only when we got around day 9 or 10 that the broken sleep began to take its toll.

I don't think you keep the perks if you move. The perks are compensation for the disruption this room suffers. They were never going to give away free stuff for nothing.

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back (well a few days ago:rolleyes:) from Freedom and our stay in the Ben and Jerry's "sweet". We also had the connecting cabin for DD and FIL.

The decorations were cute, the cow that moo's when you plugged in the mystery cord was annoying, but we kept him unplugged.

We enjoyed the CL, Willy was fantastic. We met some really nice folks there.

The free ice cream-I will say that we were having trouble eating it! We ate so much good food that we really had a hard time getting to the ice cream. The last night we had like 5 more coming to us, and the guy let me get them all then. We shared among our group of 7. A nice last night treat.

The noise-yes you will hear the door in the stairwell, its right behind the head of the bed. But as I was so exhausted every night, it did not bother me at all.

There was a letter when we got there that stated if you did not care for the room (like you were unaware of its decor etc) you could ask to be "moooved" to an "udder" room. I am guessing this is because we did not sail full and there were other cabins available.

I don't think I would book it again-it was fine and fun but I really wished I had my balcony!

Feel free to ask any questions, and I will post a link for pix and video soon.

We are just back (well a few days ago:rolleyes:) from Freedom and our stay in the Ben and Jerry's "sweet". We also had the connecting cabin for DD and FIL.

The decorations were cute, the cow that moo's when you plugged in the mystery cord was annoying, but we kept him unplugged.

We enjoyed the CL, Willy was fantastic. We met some really nice folks there.

The free ice cream-I will say that we were having trouble eating it! We ate so much good food that we really had a hard time getting to the ice cream. The last night we had like 5 more coming to us, and the guy let me get them all then. We shared among our group of 7. A nice last night treat.

The noise-yes you will hear the door in the stairwell, its right behind the head of the bed. But as I was so exhausted every night, it did not bother me at all.

There was a letter when we got there that stated if you did not care for the room (like you were unaware of its decor etc) you could ask to be "moooved" to an "udder" room. I am guessing this is because we did not sail full and there were other cabins available.

I don't think I would book it again-it was fine and fun but I really wished I had my balcony!

Feel free to ask any questions, and I will post a link for pix and video soon.

Wow guess we didn't notice the mystery plug into hear the mooing...

I think then the one noise that was coming from the doors below has been fixed some...cause this was a vibration and banging that you didn't miss. I would just think one of the reason they made benefits for this room is that is in a noisy location.

I would agree that it is a one time thing and I could say I did it...and I did it in the honor of my mom and left a cow in her memory. So that was the main reason we had the room.

Never said we could have more for the one night...lol...I know we did a catch up and had it twice one day. Cause it is hard to eat the ice cream when you have so many things to eat. What ended up being your favorite flavor?

Did you have the coupon that they kept marking off and turn it in the last day?

Wow guess we didn't notice the mystery plug into hear the mooing...

I think then the one noise that was coming from the doors below has been fixed some...cause this was a vibration and banging that you didn't miss. I would just think one of the reason they made benefits for this room is that is in a noisy location.

I would agree that it is a one time thing and I could say I did it...and I did it in the honor of my mom and left a cow in her memory. So that was the main reason we had the room.

Never said we could have more for the one night...lol...I know we did a catch up and had it twice one day. Cause it is hard to eat the ice cream when you have so many things to eat. What ended up being your favorite flavor?

Did you have the coupon that they kept marking off and turn it in the last day?

Yes we had the coupons they marked off each time you got an ice cream. We live only a few hours from the Ben and Jerry's factory, so we get WAY more flavors here than they have on the ship! (my personal favorite is nothing but the... which is a combination of flavors). The Butter Pecan was pretty good though.