Elite Breakfast?'s

shrome

hi

we will be sailing in august as elites for the first time and i was wondering if anyone could tell us whats available for the elite breakfast and how long is it available for? also where is it usually located and i had read on CC that you can get speciality coffees is this true and are they available to go? tks

the Elite Coffee Break (its official name) is a continental breakfast. There will be breads, pastries, butter/jam/honey, cold meat, cheese, probably some salmon/cream cheese/onion, fruit, yogurt, juices, smoothies. Very occasionally a hot egg dish is offered, but that isn't the general rule.

You can get espresso based drinks like cappuccino. You can also order Bloody Mary's or mimosas. None of these is available "to go". You are specifically instructed not to remove the beverages from the breakfast.

The location of the breakfast varies depending on how many Elite cruisers are on your cruise. It will probably be in one of the specialty restaurants.

All of your instructions will be given to you on arrival -- a sheet of Elite events and schedule should be in your stateroom when you get there. If your steward has neglected to provide it, be sure to ask for it so you don't miss anything.

I see you are going on the Eclipse. We sailed on her this past April also first time Elites. The breakfast is in Tuscan Grille and I believe its from 8-10am. Yes they do have specaility coffees and things like Mimosas and bloody mary. You can not take any food/drink out of the area but you can order as many drinks/coffees as you like. They have things like bagels/lox, sweet rolls, fruit, smoothies (NOT my favorite) nothing that is hot. We enjoyed it because we avoided the mess in the buffet area. did go up there once when DH had to have his eggs benedict one am. It is a much slower pace and very relaxing. we always got a table by the windows (its at the aft of the ship)

Enjoy and have a great cruise. the staff there are great.

I miss the Martini Bar!!!;)

Melody:D

Have only been elite status for one cruise, and we were not excited about the elite breakfast - we were Aqua Class and preferred to eat in Blu for breakfast or in the Aqua Spa Cafe for breakfast.......one question - for the elite breakfast, I know that the espresso coffees such as lattes and cappuccinos are included, but are the mimosas and bloody marys 'free' as well?? We saw people drinking them and we thought that you had to pay for these, but if included, that could immediately change our perspective and suddenly, we love the elite breakfast! :p

Have only been elite status for one cruise, and we were not excited about the elite breakfast - we were Aqua Class and preferred to eat in Blu for breakfast or in the Aqua Spa Cafe for breakfast.......one question - for the elite breakfast, I know that the espresso coffees such as lattes and cappuccinos are included, but are the mimosas and bloody marys 'free' as well?? We saw people drinking them and we thought that you had to pay for these, but if included, that could immediately change our perspective and suddenly, we love the elite breakfast! :p

They are free. Never had one but... I know they are included for free. We go every day except departure as well when we go to the main dining room. The ocean view buffet is too crazy in the morning. We like a nice quiet relaxing start to our day and elite breakfast is great. Would love it if they would have one hot item but it is really not necessary there is more than enough to eat.

We also prefer eating breakfast in Blu, but then make our way over for cappuccinos. Best of both worlds.

I think i will love it and am looking forward to my morning cappucino, husband likes his hot breakfasts though ;) we'll give it a whirl and can always get a hot bfast elsewhere if he grumbles too much:p

Our next cruise will be our first as Elite and this sounds great, the location alone if it is in Tuscan will be lovely.

We normally try to start the day healthily with fruit and yogurt, so will have to try and avoid the temptation of the pastries :D

I think i will love it and am looking forward to my morning cappucino, husband likes his hot breakfasts though ;) we'll give it a whirl and can always get a hot bfast elsewhere if he grumbles too much:p

My DH use to want to go for hot breakfast also and we had only visited the Elite Coffee break once or twice in the past, but on our recent Summit cruise to Bermuda - May 19-26 we went to the Elite Coffee Break 5 out of the 7 days. We've come to enjoy the offerings and it's enough for us on most mornings.

Been elite for a long time and have yet to go for the b'fast! We walked through once... not for us. If they only had eggs. :( Are boiled eggs too much to ask for?? The smaller venue would definitely be more enjoyable than the café.

We will be elite on our next cruise, it will be on the Silhouette - Eastern Mediterranean. We have done this itinerary many times, so no rush getting off the ship, so will check the breakfast out.

Agree, would be pleasant atmosphere to begin the day and need the eggs. We may go to the buffet - pick up eggs and then take them with us to the elite breakfast. That way we have what we want.

For us, the Elite breakfast was the best perk on the Eclipse. We loved being able to have breakfast in a quiet atmosphere, enjoyed the special coffee and appreciated the service. The view was good, too.

Been elite for a long time and have yet to go for the b'fast! We walked through once... not for us. If they only had eggs. :( Are boiled eggs too much to ask for?? The smaller venue would definitely be more enjoyable than the café.

The dining room is much quieter than the cafe for breakfast, and you can ask for a table for one or two if you prefer. You have to ask, though. Otherwise they will herd you to a table with other guests without asking.

Archived