Cruising CARNIVAL MIRACLE to ALASKA June 2013 REVIEW

Review Background: I was on the Carnival Miracle's June 11-18, 2013, Alaska 7-Day cruise. This was my 7th Carnival Cruise, 1st time to Alaska, and 1st time on the Carnival Miracle. The cruise went to Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria. One of the days of the cruise was a scenic day through the Tracy Arm Fjord.

Now For the Review: I really wanted to post the review info and pictures here on this thread, but I can't get any of my pictures to load to the thread. Although this was a set back to writing and publishing this review, I decided to post the pictures to my personal cruise website. Here is the link to view my review:

Link to My Carnival Miracle Alaska 2013 Cruise Review

I also uploaded Funtimes to the review page as well as some other handouts I got from the cruise.

I am doing the cruise review in parts, by day. At the time of first starting this thread I have Day 1 - Seattle, Day 2 - Sea Day, and Day 3- Tracy Arm Fjord.

If you have any questions please ask!

I will try to answer any questions about the cruise or ports of call.

Edited by thecruiserofships

To make it easier to get to each day's review I decided to post individual links to each day:

Day 1 - Seattle, WA Link: Click Here To View Day 1

Day 2 - Fun Day At Sea Link: Click Here To View Day 2

Day 3 - Tracy Arm Fjord Link: Click Here To View Day 3

I have not published the review for for the other days of the cruise. I will post a link when I get more days published.

Thank you and enjoy the cruise review!

great review so far! we are leaving on the miracle july 2nd!! can't wait. was layering your clothing enough for the trip? i was planning on packing pants only? looking forward to the rest of your review.

Have a great cruise on the Miracle! During my cruise the weather was warm in Tracy Arm Fjord, Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan. The locals told us that the temperature was in the high 70s/low 80s. I packed all heavy winter clothes, so I had to T-shirt shop in the ports. The locals said that this warm weather was not normal for their towns. The temperature was cold both times in Seattle and was also cold in Victoria BC.

I only packed cold weather clothes, so I didn't pack right!

You might want to consider bringing some heavy warm clothes (for cold weather) and some t-shirts & shorts (for very warm weather).

I only brought jeans and I wished I would have brought shorts.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review! Have a great cruise and I will be posting the next day's review sometime this upcoming weekend.

I love the way you've organized your review and pictures! We'll be on the Miracle for the 15-nt Hawaii cruise in September so I'm enjoying seeing all of the great ship's photos and yummy food pics. Thanks so much for sharing.

Do you have a picture of glaciers not zoomed in?

Debating on spending almost $200 a person for boat excursion

Great review so far

I'm sorry, but I don't think that I have any non-zoomed pictures of the glacier in the Tracy Arm Fjord.

Sorry and I hope this helps. You might want to ask a question on the Alaska forum area of Cruise Critic about this tour or how close to glaciers the ship can get.

Edited by thecruiserofships

I am part of a group cruise (Aug. 20) so I got stuck with late seating to accommodate the whole group ... I was looking at the Fun Times and I saw the family-friendly comedy is every night at 7:15 :( I was so excited for this! Did you happen to attend this at all? Do you know how long the show lasts? I would REALLY HATE to be late to dinner every night!!

Also, did they only have the comedy brunch on one day? I didn't see it mentioned (I could have missed it)

THANKS!!

I am LOVING your review so far!! :D

I am part of a group cruise (Aug. 20) so I got stuck with late seating to accommodate the whole group ... I was looking at the Fun Times and I saw the family-friendly comedy is every night at 7:15 :( I was so excited for this! Did you happen to attend this at all? Do you know how long the show lasts? I would REALLY HATE to be late to dinner every night!!

Also, did they only have the comedy brunch on one day? I didn't see it mentioned (I could have missed it)

THANKS!!

I am LOVING your review so far!! :D

I attended the 7:15 family friendly comedy two nights during the cruise. Two comedians boarded the ship with us in Seattle and then a fresh group of two more comedians got on in Juneau to send the previous two comedians home. I went when the second batch of comedians were on. I enjoyed both of their comedies, except one of the two were very borderline adult comedy (mainly langauge used). I don't know how long the comedy lasted because I left early to go get seats in the Phantom Theatre for the shows.

I had YourTime Dining, so I can't really give any suggestions about working in late seating dinner and comedy. Maybe the comedy time will change before you go?

I did not see or hear anything about the Comedy Brunch, but I wasn't looking for it. Sorry.

Thank you and glad you are enjoying my review!

Enjoying the review. Great format and loving the photos. Do you mind me asking what kind of camera you are using.

We are going on the Miracle late in the year and this has me so excited! Fun to see photos of the ship and the food, etc.

Enjoying the review. Great format and loving the photos. Do you mind me asking what kind of camera you are using.

We are going on the Miracle late in the year and this has me so excited! Fun to see photos of the ship and the food, etc.

I use a Canon Powershot SX150. Glad you enjoyed the review & photos! Have a great cruise on the Miracle later this year! I really enjoyed the cruise!