Obstructed Cabins, postion of beds

san diego sue

On the Crown Princess(or Ruby, Caribbean, Emerald.

Deck 8 obstructed cabins, are the beds under the window or on the wall (like the balcony cabins). We have had them both ways On the Sapphire, under the window, on the Star, the wall position.

Anyone stayed in cabins in 600 numbers on Crown, Ruby, Emerald or Caribbean know the answer? I am hoping against the wall instead of window. The room feels much bigger that way.

Thank you.

Edited by san diego sue

I was in E705 on Ruby and very happy to say the beds were against the wall.

Previously been in three different Emerald deck obstructed view cabins on Grand Princess and they were all under the window.

I think you will be fine on the newer Crown/Emerald/Ruby (don't compare Caribbean as its cabin layouts match the older Grand/Golden/Star despite the additional deck).

Thanks for the replies. And a big thank you for posting the photo.

We will be in E633 on the Crown. We usually have a balcony cabin but going to Alaska (been there many times) and don't think we will miss the balcony. Just wanted to be able to look out(our cabin doesn't have much of an obstruction, but if the beds would be under the window, wouldn't have been very good to even look out.

In E633, the bed will not be under the window. We were in E632 (bed also not under the window) and 'upgraded' to an 'unobstructed' view on deck 5. We turned it down because the bed would have been under the window that was in a window well. We took the same upgrade on a previous cruise and didn't like the bed orientation.

BTW, you may know that the 'obstructed' view in E633 is not (really!) obstructed! If you want to see how obstructed your view will be, visit:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

How to check the bed orientation: On the Princess website, go to "Ships and Experience", "Cruise Ships and Deck Plans", "Deck Plans", go to your ship and click on your cabin number. If it's a picture of a bed under a window, with a line through the picture stating "... your stateroom's view will differ", it does!

Enjoy! : )

Edited by Adventures ahead

Thank you for the great response. Our friends are in E632 and I will tell them about the position of bed (and the view) and of course mine in E633 would be the same.

And thanks for letting me know how to check for bed orientation.

Here is an obstructed room on deck 8 on the Emerald:

890412%20015%2004.12.15%20Emerald%20Princess%20cabin%20E312%20DSC06107_zpsk9jcfi7u.jpg

The above is what our long time cruise friends' obstructed cabins have always looked like on Crown, Emerald, & Ruby Princess. On these ships is the cabin lay out is the same as a regular ocean view with beds against the wall.

They cruise way more often than we do so booking these is a big saving to them.

Some obstructed view cabins have almost no obstructed view.;)

LuLu

Thank you for the great response. Our friends are in E632 and I will tell them about the position of bed (and the view) and of course mine in E633 would be the same.

And thanks for letting me know how to check for bed orientation.

You will have one of the best "obstructed" view cabins on the Emerald deck. We spend 36 days last year in E633 on the Ruby Princess.

Crown/Emerald and Ruby are identical.

The bed was against the wall on the Ruby.

One thing I like to bring to your attention; right below your window is a shallow tool shed (not in your line of view until you right at the window and look straight down) that in our case they forgot to lock sometimes and that made the door swing open and shut during the night. A quick call to the service desk took care of it.

Theo

Renmar said:

One thing I like to bring to your attention; right below your window is a shallow tool shed (not in your line of view until you right at the window and look straight down) that in our case they forgot to lock sometimes and that made the door swing open and shut during the night. A quick call to the service desk took care of it.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks Renmar. I enjoyed 10 days recently in E633 on the Ruby, chosen because of your website. The doors below did swing open and shut only once and this was quickly taken care of.

The bed against the wall and the window view are a great bonus. There was a door directly across the hall that said crew only but I saw it being used only on embarkation day and there was no noise from there.

• 8 months later...
You will have one of the best "obstructed" view cabins on the Emerald deck. We spend 36 days last year in E633 on the Ruby Princess.

Crown/Emerald and Ruby are identical.

The bed was against the wall on the Ruby.

Theo

I just booked E632 on the Ruby based on the pictures on your site :)

I had saved the link for future reference and I just wanted to say thank you!

Edited by LEtue