Just a reminderrr

silvercruiser

Some may like a reminder of the various $ benefits available for Princess cruisers. I find that when deciding whether to book two b2b instead of booking as a single cruise that it helps to do the math.

OBC

Amt of OBC from owning 100 shares of Carnival stock:

length of cruise Amt of OBC

6 days or less ......................$50

7-13 days ......................... $100

14 days or more ................. $250

Amt of OBC from using FCC

length of cruise Inside or Oceanview Balcony or Suite

3-6 days.....................$15 ....................... $25

7-10 days ................... $25 ....................... $50

11-16 days .................. $75 ......................$100

17+ days .....................$125 .......................$150

FREE INTENET MINUTES PRINCESS Platinum level or higher

7 day cruise ................. 150 minutes

8-20 days .................... 250 "

21 days or more............. 500 "

@silvercruiser: Thanks for posting! I didn't know the about the shares. How does it work? Do I tell the TA during the booking?

If you own 100 (or more) shares of Carnival Corp, you are eligible for the OBC everytime you sail on one of their ships. This includes Carnival, Princess, HAL, Cunard and others. You must apply for it each time. With Princess, you can fax or snail mail ( no email) the request with proof of ownership. Must be submitted no more than 90 days before sailing.

One award per cabin

Our first cruise is next month and I am already scheming on how to get another one. OBC could be a nice perk.:cool:

That can be an expensive purchase!

Today the stock closed @ $47.52 so that would be a $ 4752.00 investment....

That can be an expensive purchase!

Yes, it can be expensive. At 47+ per share, it will cost close to $5000. For that you get 25 cents per share dividend each quarter, so $100 per year.

In addition, you get the OBC. Here it depends on your sailing habits. We have had the stock for about 6 years and have made more in OBC than we paid for it. In addition, the price has doubled.

Yes, it can be expensive. At 47+ per share, it will cost close to $5000. For that you get 25 cents per share dividend each quarter, so $100 per year.

In addition, you get the OBC. Here it depends on your sailing habits. We have had the stock for about 6 years and have made more in OBC than we paid for it. In addition, the price has doubled.

One more OBC is the Loyalty OBC. The amount is based on the number of cruise credits you have.

21 to 31 cruise credits, you get $25 OBC each cruise.

32 to 41 = $50

42 to 51 = $75

52 or more = $100

You get one cruise credit for each cruise, plus a cruise credit for each time you book a suite plus one eacch time you sail solo.

Only one Loyalty OBC per cabin

On our upcoming 21-day B2B cruise, we are receiving $1500.00 in shipboard credits. The best part is, it's all tax free!:D

OMG!! Please let us all know how it added up to $1,500. The most I ever got was $700.

OMG!! Please let us all know how it added up to $1,500. The most I ever got was $700.

This is the most I've ever received. First, I booked two cruises, B2B, a 14-day and a 7-day. Now here's the breakdown:

Cruise #1 - The 14-day

$250.00 Military credits for DH

$250.00 Shareholder credits for me

$ 75.00 Loyalty credit for me

$150.00 FCC credits

$200.00 Shore excursion credits from special Princess Promo

$100.00 On-Board credit promotion from Princess

$ 50.00 Travel agent credit

Total for Cruise #1 = $1075.00

Cruise #2 - the 7-Day

$100.00 Military credits for DH

$100.00 Shareholder credits for me

$ 50.00 FCC credits

Total for Cruise #1 = $425.00

Grand Total: $1500.00

So in this case, it's a good example of why one should book this as two cruises, instead of one cruise. There was no discount on the pricing for booking this as one cruise, but by booking it as two, we received an extra $425.00 in shipboard credit.

Edited by partybarbie

MandD .... Yes, I omitted the military OBC and it's the same amounts as what is given to owners of 100 shares of Carnival stock.

ACTIVE military personnel are eligible.....

........also RETIRED military personnel who meet these requirements:

Retired personnel defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service,

B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled

If one has served in a combat zone, the time is less than 20 years.

Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone in any of the United States service divisions listed above or in the Canadian National Defense. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo ID is required. For Canadians, Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Health Identification Card is used.

DH served 8 years, but he was in an active war zone. The info is on the DD 214.

I bought at around $36 per share. The money was sitting in the bank earning 0.9% interest. I bought the stock and got an immediate return of $250 OBC for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii. I then got $25 per quarter dividend. I was waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of what the bank was paying. Since then I've gotten OBC on every cruise and, of course, I still get the $25 per quarter dividend. I haven't gotten my money back yet but I will eventually do so. In addition, the stock is now going for $47.52 so it's up a good $11 per share or $1,100.00 more than I paid for it.

Granted, I didn't buy it for the stock value (I don't play the market) but I did know I'd be cruising and the money wasn't doing me much good sitting in the bank.

Our first cruise is next month and I am already scheming on how to get another one. OBC could be a nice perk.:cool:

If you live near a port, you can go on a BVE and purchase a Future Cruise Certificate for later use ($100). Plus the cost of the BVE $39 is subtracted from your cruise price for your NEXT cruise (if you book within 90 days).

This is the most I've ever received. First, I booked two cruises, B2B, a 14-day and a 7-day. Now here's the breakdown:

Cruise #1 - The 14-day

$250.00 Military credits for DH

$250.00 Shareholder credits for me

$150.00 FCC credits

$200.00 Shore excursion credits from special Princess Promo

$ 50.00 Travel agent credit

Total for Cruise #1 = $1075.00

Cruise #2 - the 7-Day

$100.00 Military credits for DH

$100.00 Shareholder credits for me

$ 50.00 FCC credits

Total for Cruise #1 = $425.00

Grand Total: $1500.00

So in this case, it's a good example of why one should book this as two cruises, instead of one cruise. There was no discount on the pricing for booking this as one cruise, but by booking it as two, we received an extra $425.00 in shipboard credit.

Thank you for the info. You did excellent!!!! Enjoy your cruisies!

Thank you for the info. You did excellent!!!! Enjoy your cruisies!

Thank you. :D I booked this in Sept. 2014. It's been hard waiting 13 months, but in the meantime, I took a couple of other cruises. ;)

Edited by partybarbie