New on FOS -- Self Serve Beer on Tap (Stella)

jules815

We're sailing on Freedom of the Seas and they're debuting something new this week, a self-serve beer tapper. They have one located next to the 2 Freestyle machines near Sorrentos on the Promenade, and 3 machines on deck 11, near the main pool, on the smoking side. We haven't used one yet, but on Monday morning we were speaking to the rep from the company who is doing the install on board, "Draft Serve." Freedom is the first ship to get them, and he told us they'll be added to Oasis next month. All machines dispense one brand of beer; Stella, and you need a drink package in order to use them. I believe you swipe your card. I was just down on the promenade and snapped a few pictures, so here you go. :)

1441827514507.jpg.2b8ffe8e573495b4135a7f8e721128b9.jpg

Edited by jules815

Jules, is there a new "icon" on the sea pass, when we sailed on the Oasis Aug 1, 2015 we still had a flimsy drink sticker......

Could they finally have an embossed sticker, or a drink bar (on the sea pass like a magnetic bar on a credit card) or even a RCI beer mug with a chip in it:eek:

Please find out.

Thanks

Also love your posts!!!!!!!!

Sea Ya

We're sailing on Freedom of the Seas and they're debuting something new this week, a self-serve beer tapper. They have one located next to the 2 Freestyle machines near Sorrentos on the Promenade, and 3 machines on deck 11, near the main pool, on the smoking side. We haven't used one yet, but on Monday morning we were speaking to the rep from the company who is doing the install on board, "Draft Serve." Freedom is the first ship to get them, and he told us they'll be added to Oasis next month. All machines dispense one brand of beer; Stella, and you need a drink package in order to use them. I believe you swipe your card. I was just down on the promenade and snapped a few pictures, so here you go. :)

Smoking side only? That's discrimination to the non smokers. What disgusting behaviour on the part of Royal. I need to call the CEO

Jules, is there a new "icon" on the sea pass, when we sailed on the Oasis Aug 1, 2015 we still had a flimsy drink sticker......

Could they finally have an embossed sticker, or a drink bar (on the sea pass like a magnetic bar on a credit card) or even a RCI beer mug with a chip in it:eek:

Please find out.

Thanks

Also love your posts!!!!!!!!

Sea Ya

No, sticker is the same. I'll check into it for you.

Smoking side only? That's discrimination to the non smokers. What disgusting behaviour on the part of Royal. I need to call the CEO

The morning we were talking to the on-board rep, I think that was on Monday, they weren't up and running yet. They had one on the non-smoking side where we were, and two over on the smoking side. They've moved all 3 to the smoking side for now, and one in the Promenade. They look like they can be easily moved around.

The morning we were talking to the on-board rep, I think that was on Monday, they weren't up and running yet. They had one on the non-smoking side where we were, and two over on the smoking side. They've moved all 3 to the smoking side for now, and one in the Promenade. They look like they can be easily moved around.

Can you move it to your balcony?

that sounds great Stella is a great draft beer, hopefully Liberty will have this in April

I googled Draft Serve. Located in Atlanta. Devices in several stadiums, Cedar Point, Carnival Sunshine and HAL. Typically they dispense by the ounce on a pre loaded card.