Contacting Regal Princess Dining Staff for Private Table

iycruiser

Hi All,

I have a special occasion aboard my cruise on the Regal Princess in January 2016, and I want to make sure we get a private table for 2 for dinner. When I called the 'Special Occasion' line for Princess they said they will write in a note, but "can't promise"! :mad:

Who/where can I email to make sure this happens?

Any and all advice is appreciated!!!!

Once onboard, the Maitre d' will be taking special requests and change requests. There'll be a notice in the "Welcome Aboard" Princess Patter with where he'll be and the times. It cannot be pre-arranged. The Maitre d' makes all decisions on embarkation day.

There is no emailing in advance (imagine 3000+ passengers all emailing the one maitre d' . . . ). You can request a preference for table size when you book Traditional Dining, but the only way to confirm that request is to show up on embarkation day at the maitre d's office hours (which will be listed in the daily newsletter, the Patter, which will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board). You can go over with him what table you've been assigned and if it is indeed a two-top; if not, he can usually arrange for you to get what you want, although it may not be until the next night.

If you have Anytime Dining, you can ask for a reservation for a two-top on your preferred night, but not all ships permit advance reservations in anytime. You'll probably be granted it, but you may also be told you have to show up and take your chances and wait for a table to open up.

There are a good number of tables for two on the Regal in the main dining room, however many are banquette type of seating so fairly close to the next party.

See the maître d' when you board. If the special occasion is a certain night you could also consider doing specialty dining that evening.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

If you're celebrating a special occasion, consider booking a table at Crown Grill or Sabatini's. You can do this by calling the DINE line in your cabin or going directly to the restaurant. If you do it soon after boarding, you should be able to book the date and time you want.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Hi All,

I have a special occasion aboard my cruise on the Regal Princess in January 2016, and I want to make sure we get a private table for 2 for dinner. When I called the 'Special Occasion' line for Princess they said they will write in a note, but "can't promise"! :mad:

Who/where can I email to make sure this happens?

Any and all advice is appreciated!!!!

As stated you have to wait until you are on board. While there are tables for two in the main DR's they are not very private. I would suggest that you book one of the specialty surcharge restaurants, the Crown Grill steaks, chops, seafood, or Sabatini's, Italian. These restaurants will have someone there starting around 1 to 2pm on boarding day and you can go and discuss your requirements and make a reservation. You may also wish to consider the Balcony Dinner for Two which is served on the balcony of your cabin.

Hi - our experience on the Regal was mixed on the tables for 2 in the MDR - we had 1 evening we were at a table for 2 that might have well been a table for 6. The people and wait staff were terrific, however, we just wanted to be on our own a few nights and did not get that experience. If you are booking ahead, just check out the location. Some are fine, others not so much.

Enjoy celebrating your special occasion!!

We had a table for 2 next to a window for 12 nights in November (B2B). But we do get to the dining room early. They were also taking reservations. Tables are farther apart on Regal, but most are still quite close. There are some that are next to a walkway that are farther apart, but you will have some walking traffic next to you. Just ask the greeter the night before what they recommend, or make a note of a table you would like. Assuming no one else is sitting there they will give it to you. By the way, there are two entrances to the Symphony dining room on deck 5. The left one by the candy shop has less traffic.

I have met with the Maitre 'd frequently. They are very happy to help people get what they want out of a dining experience. They normal "hold court" on Embarkation Day in one of the MDRs. You join the queue and in the last couple of cruise, we got a number. It helps if you are one of the first in line, because there is more flexibility in meeting your requests. It is not necessary to give a " peace offerering", but I am sure it is appreciated.